God's Diet Plan in Only 10 Words
As a believer, reaching and maintaining your ideal body weight is your birthright. This is God’s will for your life. And you should know that the Bible is the greatest health and weight loss book ever written.
Just as God has a call to every Believer to walk holy in the areas of marriage, parenting, and finances, God has a call to every Believer to walk holy in the area of diet (dietary holiness). Despite common misconceptions and numerous Scriptural misinterpretations, what you eat does matter to God.
We are called to glorify God in our bodies, to be a witness to the lost world, to be a light that shines on a hill, and to live above all the nations. The church is called to be a beacon of hope, an example of successful living, and a testimony to the wisdom and power of God in our lives. We do not accomplish, and cannot accomplish, this God-ordained calling to the fullest extent of our potential when we do not walk in dietary holiness as necessary to reach and maintain our ideal body weights.
God's people should be the healthiest demographic on the planet, but instead, we have become tired, sick, overweight (and underweight), and are living a fraction of the years God intended. This is not God's will for you. God has a better plan for you and the church. A healthy church would usher in one of the greatest evangelical movements the church has ever known as the world would be beating down our church doors to find out what we were doing differently, why we were doing it differently, and Who told us to do it differently.
Has man's wisdom let you down? Are you now ready to reach your ideal body weight God's Weigh? Would you be willing to trade every ineffective diet plan on the market for only 10 effective words from God? That’s right. God’s diet plan is summarized in only 10 words in the Bible. In 10 words God tells you what to eat, when to eat, why to eat, and how much to eat.
God’s ways are always simple, effective, never-changing, and freeing. Satan’s ways are always complicated, ineffective, ever-changing, and enslaving. This truth is no more played out than in the area of diet and health. Are you ready for those 10 words?
"… Eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness" (Ecclesiastes 10:17).
Eat in Due Season
Eat when your body is calling for food. If your tendency is towards gluttony and emotional eating this directive will often mean that you need to wait a little longer before you eat. If your tendency is towards anorexia this directive will often mean that you need to go ahead and eat even when you perceive that you are too big. In both extremes, and everywhere in between, the solution to weight loss is found in listening to your body’s call for food. Your body is intelligently designed. Don’t try to outsmart it.
Choose something to eat that nourishes (strengthens) your body. Choose an orange over a donut. Choose water over soda. Choose grilled chicken over fried chicken. By the way, there is no such thing as junk food. It is either God’s designed and prescribed food, which nourishes the body, or it is a man-made chemical derivative (junk non-food) that poisons the body. Food is not anything we can chew, swallow, tastes good, and doesn’t kill us in less than 24 hours.
Not for Drunkenness
God equates unhealthy eating to drunkenness, whether in the form of poor quality or in the form of excessive quantity. You can feel sluggish mentally and physically after a piece of chocolate cake as well as after too much of even God’s foods. Studies have equated the poor response time created by dietary drunkenness to that experienced by legal levels of alcohol intoxication. We are called to live sober lives.
Stop looking to the world for a gimmick to reaching your ideal body weight. God had it covered for us thousands of years ago. The Bible is the greatest health and weight loss book ever written.
In God's Weigh to Your Ideal Body Weight you will learn ..
- What You Eat Matters to God
- An Unhealthy Diet is an Unholy Diet
- WWJW - What Would Jesus Weigh?
- The Five Spiritual Keys to Reaching Your Ideal Body Weight
- God's Diet Plan
- Seven Practical Suggestions for Reaching Your Ideal Body Weight
- Misinterpreted Scriptures That Keep You from Your Ideal Body Weight
- Exercise is Not Necessary to Reach Your Ideal Body Weight
- How to Overcome Addictive Behaviors such as Gluttony, Anorexia, Bulimia,
Alcoholism, and Smoking
- God's Desired Lifespan for His People
- How a Healthy Church Can Draw the World to Jesus Christ
God is calling for a dietary reformation in the church!!! Will you answer His call?
Find more content like this in Imago Wellness Center.Buy Now
- Andrew MasonUncommon Gratitude http://andrewsmason.com/uncommon-gratitude/ #HappyThanksgiving
- Andrew MasonCreating A Small Group Curriculum Map by Ben Reed http://www.smallgroupchurches.com/creating-a-small-group-curriculum-map/
- Marcella WoodridgeThe longer I live the more I know I need GOD leading my life every step of the way.
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia Carter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May Jesus Christ Be The Ultimate Treasure We Always Seek by Debbie Harris..
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Father Who Can We Graciously And Humbly Walk Beside Today Just To Love by Debbie Harris.
- Bryce Johnson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 13 Resources For Ministry Leaders Who Struggle with Porn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Expert Reveals Biggest Concern About Youngsters And Social Media.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Half (54%) Of US Teens Think Life Would Be Better Without Social Media.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Roy Lichtenstein's Most Popular Painting is Displayed.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost After Confronting Campus Bully, HS Football Player Gets Suspended.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Conservative Student Is Victim Of ‘Racist Rape Apologist’ Attack Fliers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Yik Yak app Putting Teens Behind Bars, Police Warn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Hearing That Things Can Change Helps Teens Dodge Depression.
- Andrew Shivers just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost GIVEAWAY: Win a Framed “The Fault in Our Stars” FULL SIZE Movie Poster [Winner Chosen].
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost ‘Boxtrolls:’ Incredible Animation, Charmless Story.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Dad Lip-Syncs Daughter's Tantrum.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost SOTW: ‘Chasing After The Wind’ by Alan Powell (Free Friday Download).
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Drive Video: If You Want Engagement, Self-Direction is Better.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW: The Unexpected Earl by Philippa Jane Keyworth.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Seminary Dropout 55: Gary Black Jr. – Co-author of The Divine Conspiracy Continued.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost ‘Believe Me': Alum’s thought-provoking film now in theaters.
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost Stress Kills!!! Here's 3 Ways To Do Something About It.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost How The New Fall TV Season Reminds Me Of The Gospel.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Suffering Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Personal Responsibility Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost 20 Approaches to Battling Depression-Anxiety as Suffering.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Hellion’ is A Wild, Family-Driven Ride Worth Taking.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ is Cool, Uncommitted.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Pieces Together a Winning Team.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Talking about cancer on WFAA’s ‘Two Chairs’ series.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Get Excited: New ‘Believe Me’ Trailer Validates Everything We Thought.