God's Diet Plan in Only 10 Words
As a believer, reaching and maintaining your ideal body weight is your birthright. This is God’s will for your life. And you should know that the Bible is the greatest health and weight loss book ever written.
Just as God has a call to every Believer to walk holy in the areas of marriage, parenting, and finances, God has a call to every Believer to walk holy in the area of diet (dietary holiness). Despite common misconceptions and numerous Scriptural misinterpretations, what you eat does matter to God.
We are called to glorify God in our bodies, to be a witness to the lost world, to be a light that shines on a hill, and to live above all the nations. The church is called to be a beacon of hope, an example of successful living, and a testimony to the wisdom and power of God in our lives. We do not accomplish, and cannot accomplish, this God-ordained calling to the fullest extent of our potential when we do not walk in dietary holiness as necessary to reach and maintain our ideal body weights.
God's people should be the healthiest demographic on the planet, but instead, we have become tired, sick, overweight (and underweight), and are living a fraction of the years God intended. This is not God's will for you. God has a better plan for you and the church. A healthy church would usher in one of the greatest evangelical movements the church has ever known as the world would be beating down our church doors to find out what we were doing differently, why we were doing it differently, and Who told us to do it differently.
Has man's wisdom let you down? Are you now ready to reach your ideal body weight God's Weigh? Would you be willing to trade every ineffective diet plan on the market for only 10 effective words from God? That’s right. God’s diet plan is summarized in only 10 words in the Bible. In 10 words God tells you what to eat, when to eat, why to eat, and how much to eat.
God’s ways are always simple, effective, never-changing, and freeing. Satan’s ways are always complicated, ineffective, ever-changing, and enslaving. This truth is no more played out than in the area of diet and health. Are you ready for those 10 words?
"… Eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness" (Ecclesiastes 10:17).
Eat in Due Season
Eat when your body is calling for food. If your tendency is towards gluttony and emotional eating this directive will often mean that you need to wait a little longer before you eat. If your tendency is towards anorexia this directive will often mean that you need to go ahead and eat even when you perceive that you are too big. In both extremes, and everywhere in between, the solution to weight loss is found in listening to your body’s call for food. Your body is intelligently designed. Don’t try to outsmart it.
Choose something to eat that nourishes (strengthens) your body. Choose an orange over a donut. Choose water over soda. Choose grilled chicken over fried chicken. By the way, there is no such thing as junk food. It is either God’s designed and prescribed food, which nourishes the body, or it is a man-made chemical derivative (junk non-food) that poisons the body. Food is not anything we can chew, swallow, tastes good, and doesn’t kill us in less than 24 hours.
Not for Drunkenness
God equates unhealthy eating to drunkenness, whether in the form of poor quality or in the form of excessive quantity. You can feel sluggish mentally and physically after a piece of chocolate cake as well as after too much of even God’s foods. Studies have equated the poor response time created by dietary drunkenness to that experienced by legal levels of alcohol intoxication. We are called to live sober lives.
Stop looking to the world for a gimmick to reaching your ideal body weight. God had it covered for us thousands of years ago. The Bible is the greatest health and weight loss book ever written.
In God's Weigh to Your Ideal Body Weight you will learn ..
- What You Eat Matters to God
- An Unhealthy Diet is an Unholy Diet
- WWJW - What Would Jesus Weigh?
- The Five Spiritual Keys to Reaching Your Ideal Body Weight
- God's Diet Plan
- Seven Practical Suggestions for Reaching Your Ideal Body Weight
- Misinterpreted Scriptures That Keep You from Your Ideal Body Weight
- Exercise is Not Necessary to Reach Your Ideal Body Weight
- How to Overcome Addictive Behaviors such as Gluttony, Anorexia, Bulimia,
Alcoholism, and Smoking
- God's Desired Lifespan for His People
- How a Healthy Church Can Draw the World to Jesus Christ
God is calling for a dietary reformation in the church!!! Will you answer His call?
Find more content like this in Imago Wellness Center.Buy Now
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost The Written Word: Kisses of Heaven Etched on My Heart.
- Marie Trotter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Is Andi's final pick the dramatic decision ABC teases it to be?.
- Jon Stallings“What we don’t want are Christians who admirably try to relive suffering in the world, but are indifferent toward eternal suffering. Every Christian engaged in mission – be it medical, educational, agricultural, or just plain being a good neighbor – should care about real-life pain and long for opportunities to share the good news that every person needs to hear.” – Kevin DeYoung
- George Krickl published the blogpost Poor in Spirit: Moses – Experiencing the Presence of God.
- Kersley Fitzgerald published the blogpost No Excuse: 2 Corinthians 6 and the Wide-Open, Spacious Life.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Kidney transplant in Fort Worth strengthens brotherly bond.
- Kelley Mathews published the audio How to Be Assured of Your Salvation | Austin Stone.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Kidney transplant in Forth Worth strengthens brotherly bond.
- Kelley Mathews published the audio Welcome to a Life of Confidence | The Journey with Ron Moore.
- Kelley Mathews published the article FaithVillage Contributor Spotlight: Stephen Blandino.
- Daniel WilsonI'm back from NYC where I taught a two day training session on Wall St. Made a little money and for us that is a huge blessing. I wanted to give testimony that the Lord gave this family some income and we are grateful for all His provisions.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost 3 Tips for Working with Your Spouse and Family – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Mitzi Smith published the blogpost Back to School Shopping: Where to Spend, Where to Save.
- Sharon Eldridge just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Nathan Lile just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Doug Webster published the blogpost Evangelicalism’s PR Problem: Private Love, Public Condemnation.
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost A Review of “On the Grace of God” by Justin Holcomb.
- Kerry Messer published the blogpost No Matter What You Lost or Lose; Cling to this Truth.
- Pete HouptPsalm 33:4-5 MSG
For God ’s Word is solid to the core; everything he makes is sound inside and out. He loves it when everything fits, when his world is in plumb-line true. Earth is drenched in God ’s affectionate satisfaction.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Help for Couples Recovering from Adultery or Pornography: Video Tandem 9 of 9.
- solomon david published the blogpost How to Develop Mobile Websites? – Easy to Understand Guide.
- Mary DeMuth published the blogpost 18 – The Beautiful Difficult Power of Truth Telling.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Journey To The High Places: Fearing Invasion (Week 2).
- Edgar Galdamez published the blogpost Growing Pain: Conflict In The Church - Acts 15 part 2.