God's Diet Plan in Only 10 Words
As a believer, reaching and maintaining your ideal body weight is your birthright. This is God’s will for your life. And you should know that the Bible is the greatest health and weight loss book ever written.
Just as God has a call to every Believer to walk holy in the areas of marriage, parenting, and finances, God has a call to every Believer to walk holy in the area of diet (dietary holiness). Despite common misconceptions and numerous Scriptural misinterpretations, what you eat does matter to God.
We are called to glorify God in our bodies, to be a witness to the lost world, to be a light that shines on a hill, and to live above all the nations. The church is called to be a beacon of hope, an example of successful living, and a testimony to the wisdom and power of God in our lives. We do not accomplish, and cannot accomplish, this God-ordained calling to the fullest extent of our potential when we do not walk in dietary holiness as necessary to reach and maintain our ideal body weights.
God's people should be the healthiest demographic on the planet, but instead, we have become tired, sick, overweight (and underweight), and are living a fraction of the years God intended. This is not God's will for you. God has a better plan for you and the church. A healthy church would usher in one of the greatest evangelical movements the church has ever known as the world would be beating down our church doors to find out what we were doing differently, why we were doing it differently, and Who told us to do it differently.
Has man's wisdom let you down? Are you now ready to reach your ideal body weight God's Weigh? Would you be willing to trade every ineffective diet plan on the market for only 10 effective words from God? That’s right. God’s diet plan is summarized in only 10 words in the Bible. In 10 words God tells you what to eat, when to eat, why to eat, and how much to eat.
God’s ways are always simple, effective, never-changing, and freeing. Satan’s ways are always complicated, ineffective, ever-changing, and enslaving. This truth is no more played out than in the area of diet and health. Are you ready for those 10 words?
"… Eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness" (Ecclesiastes 10:17).
Eat in Due Season
Eat when your body is calling for food. If your tendency is towards gluttony and emotional eating this directive will often mean that you need to wait a little longer before you eat. If your tendency is towards anorexia this directive will often mean that you need to go ahead and eat even when you perceive that you are too big. In both extremes, and everywhere in between, the solution to weight loss is found in listening to your body’s call for food. Your body is intelligently designed. Don’t try to outsmart it.
Choose something to eat that nourishes (strengthens) your body. Choose an orange over a donut. Choose water over soda. Choose grilled chicken over fried chicken. By the way, there is no such thing as junk food. It is either God’s designed and prescribed food, which nourishes the body, or it is a man-made chemical derivative (junk non-food) that poisons the body. Food is not anything we can chew, swallow, tastes good, and doesn’t kill us in less than 24 hours.
Not for Drunkenness
God equates unhealthy eating to drunkenness, whether in the form of poor quality or in the form of excessive quantity. You can feel sluggish mentally and physically after a piece of chocolate cake as well as after too much of even God’s foods. Studies have equated the poor response time created by dietary drunkenness to that experienced by legal levels of alcohol intoxication. We are called to live sober lives.
Stop looking to the world for a gimmick to reaching your ideal body weight. God had it covered for us thousands of years ago. The Bible is the greatest health and weight loss book ever written.
In God's Weigh to Your Ideal Body Weight you will learn ..
- What You Eat Matters to God
- An Unhealthy Diet is an Unholy Diet
- WWJW - What Would Jesus Weigh?
- The Five Spiritual Keys to Reaching Your Ideal Body Weight
- God's Diet Plan
- Seven Practical Suggestions for Reaching Your Ideal Body Weight
- Misinterpreted Scriptures That Keep You from Your Ideal Body Weight
- Exercise is Not Necessary to Reach Your Ideal Body Weight
- How to Overcome Addictive Behaviors such as Gluttony, Anorexia, Bulimia,
Alcoholism, and Smoking
- God's Desired Lifespan for His People
- How a Healthy Church Can Draw the World to Jesus Christ
God is calling for a dietary reformation in the church!!! Will you answer His call?
Find more content like this in Imago Wellness Center.Buy Now
- Scarlet Bluefield published the blogpost Ancho Chicken and Black Bean Salad with Cliantro-Lime Dressing.
- John Rutledge published the article How Kent Brantly Survived Ebola: Intense Medical Care — and Prayer.
- Brad Russell published the article What Atticus Finch Taught Me About Watching the News.
- Brad Russell published the article My Whitebread, Middle-Class Opinions About Ferguson Just Matter.
- Brad Russell published the article 'A Christian Survivor Guide' | Ed Cyzewski [Book Review].
- Brad Russell published the article 8 Reasons Young Leadership Is Essential to Your Organization Now.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Know where you’ll park before heading to McLane Stadium.
- Brad Russell published the article What I Learned from Creating 100 Sermon Bumpers in One Year.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Headlines: Breakfast debate, instant noodles, Ebola recovery.
- Jim McNeely published the blogpost The Logos Made Flesh, Full of Grace and Truth — John 1:14.
- Jennifer Cote published the blogpost Vegetarian Black Bean Enchiladas w/Mexican-style Red Sauce.
- John Peterson published the blogpost Are You Feeling Trapped? Learn This One Secret to Finding Freedom.
- Brad Russell published the article 'Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus' | Nabeel Qureshi [Book Review].
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Workplace Christians: The Engine for How the Gospel Spreads.
- Deb Wolf published the blogpost Blessings, Moments, and Love Around the Blogosphere.
- Brad Russell published the article 'New Monasticism' | Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove [Book Review].
- Bo Bartlett uploaded a photo
- Bo Bartlett uploaded a photo
- Nils Smith published the blogpost My Interview with William Vanderbloemen discussing NEXT.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost My Reflections on the Events in Ferguson in Light of Miroslav Volf.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost The App That Will Change How You Do Youth Ministry.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost One Vital Question that will Transform Your Teaching.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Use This Automation Hack to Archive Your Social Media Life – Reade Milner.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 10 Of The Biggest Lies Students Hear Before They Get To College.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 40 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From When The Game Stands Tall.
- Eric Arch just moved in. Take time to say hey.