God's Diet Plan in Only 10 Words
As a believer, reaching and maintaining your ideal body weight is your birthright. This is God’s will for your life. And you should know that the Bible is the greatest health and weight loss book ever written.
Just as God has a call to every Believer to walk holy in the areas of marriage, parenting, and finances, God has a call to every Believer to walk holy in the area of diet (dietary holiness). Despite common misconceptions and numerous Scriptural misinterpretations, what you eat does matter to God.
We are called to glorify God in our bodies, to be a witness to the lost world, to be a light that shines on a hill, and to live above all the nations. The church is called to be a beacon of hope, an example of successful living, and a testimony to the wisdom and power of God in our lives. We do not accomplish, and cannot accomplish, this God-ordained calling to the fullest extent of our potential when we do not walk in dietary holiness as necessary to reach and maintain our ideal body weights.
God's people should be the healthiest demographic on the planet, but instead, we have become tired, sick, overweight (and underweight), and are living a fraction of the years God intended. This is not God's will for you. God has a better plan for you and the church. A healthy church would usher in one of the greatest evangelical movements the church has ever known as the world would be beating down our church doors to find out what we were doing differently, why we were doing it differently, and Who told us to do it differently.
Has man's wisdom let you down? Are you now ready to reach your ideal body weight God's Weigh? Would you be willing to trade every ineffective diet plan on the market for only 10 effective words from God? That’s right. God’s diet plan is summarized in only 10 words in the Bible. In 10 words God tells you what to eat, when to eat, why to eat, and how much to eat.
God’s ways are always simple, effective, never-changing, and freeing. Satan’s ways are always complicated, ineffective, ever-changing, and enslaving. This truth is no more played out than in the area of diet and health. Are you ready for those 10 words?
"… Eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness" (Ecclesiastes 10:17).
Eat in Due Season
Eat when your body is calling for food. If your tendency is towards gluttony and emotional eating this directive will often mean that you need to wait a little longer before you eat. If your tendency is towards anorexia this directive will often mean that you need to go ahead and eat even when you perceive that you are too big. In both extremes, and everywhere in between, the solution to weight loss is found in listening to your body’s call for food. Your body is intelligently designed. Don’t try to outsmart it.
Choose something to eat that nourishes (strengthens) your body. Choose an orange over a donut. Choose water over soda. Choose grilled chicken over fried chicken. By the way, there is no such thing as junk food. It is either God’s designed and prescribed food, which nourishes the body, or it is a man-made chemical derivative (junk non-food) that poisons the body. Food is not anything we can chew, swallow, tastes good, and doesn’t kill us in less than 24 hours.
Not for Drunkenness
God equates unhealthy eating to drunkenness, whether in the form of poor quality or in the form of excessive quantity. You can feel sluggish mentally and physically after a piece of chocolate cake as well as after too much of even God’s foods. Studies have equated the poor response time created by dietary drunkenness to that experienced by legal levels of alcohol intoxication. We are called to live sober lives.
Stop looking to the world for a gimmick to reaching your ideal body weight. God had it covered for us thousands of years ago. The Bible is the greatest health and weight loss book ever written.
In God's Weigh to Your Ideal Body Weight you will learn ..
- What You Eat Matters to God
- An Unhealthy Diet is an Unholy Diet
- WWJW - What Would Jesus Weigh?
- The Five Spiritual Keys to Reaching Your Ideal Body Weight
- God's Diet Plan
- Seven Practical Suggestions for Reaching Your Ideal Body Weight
- Misinterpreted Scriptures That Keep You from Your Ideal Body Weight
- Exercise is Not Necessary to Reach Your Ideal Body Weight
- How to Overcome Addictive Behaviors such as Gluttony, Anorexia, Bulimia,
Alcoholism, and Smoking
- God's Desired Lifespan for His People
- How a Healthy Church Can Draw the World to Jesus Christ
God is calling for a dietary reformation in the church!!! Will you answer His call?
Find more content like this in Imago Wellness Center.Buy Now
- Jeanette RichardsDay 1
- Jeanette Richards created a new gallery
- Jeanette Richards just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Noreen Nix just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Mother Confronts Young Daughter’s Alleged Bully With violence.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Sharron K. Cosby | Red Light Rendezvous.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Sharron K. Cosby | Red Light Rendezvous.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost The Simple Things in Life – Tiny House Living – Vincent Russell.
- Courtney Rowland published the blogpost Creamy Parmesan Leek and Mushroom Pasta #SundaySupper.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost “Real Women Leading” iPad Mini Giveaway and “Leading with Values” Facebook Party 3/20!.
- Kelly Pigott published the blogpost Ashes, Tattoos, the Sign of the Cross, and my Friend Connie.
- Walter Bright published the blogpost Be thou removed: Prayer of a man they called “Consecrated Cobbler.
- George Krickl published the blogpost Poor in Spirit: Paul and Barnabas Discipleship Continued.
- Jennifer Collins just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Doris SwiftOur greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at something that doesn't really matter.” ― D.L. Moody
- Doris SwiftEmerge from ordinary into extraordinary; rise above, set apart, walking in the plan as He directs the steps...
- Doris SwiftIf you're feeling stuck in your writing journey~remember, every new idea-every word written propels you forward
- Jon StallingsIf we focus our prayers just on Jesus delivering us from the trials of life, we have set up our own life as an idol
- Melcome Feldspar just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Leon Bloder published the blogpost Shouldn't All Christians Be Universalists At Heart?.
- Jennifer Alayo-AguilarI am so excited to be here. This is something new that I have never tried before. I am glad to be alive to witness this, a blog post check-out site for Christians around the country, the world to connect with one another. The mini-neighborhood is pretty good. Say prayers for me, my husband, and the rest of our family as we get our lives back together and get on the right track with Jesus Christ. Amen.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Livestream Simply Youth Ministry Conference be a part of it!.
- George BullardMarch 8th: Transform Congregations By Radical Missional Engagement #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/03/march-8th-transform-congregations-by-radical-missional-engagement-365ssiftc.html
- Jennifer Alayo-Aguilar just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Greg Winfield published the blogpost The Blessing of Struggle – Do You Know What You’re Made of?.
- Stephanie L Burr just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 10 Reasons Why Youth Ministry Is A Strategic Career Choice.
- Evan Nehring published the blogpost Announcement: Life Sentence Publishing Partnership.
- Matthew Tan published the blogpost "Justice, Unity & the Hidden Christ": Review in Ethika Politika.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of March 3rd.
- Nathan Wheeler published the blogpost Prayer, a beautiful mistake: Atheism For Lent Part 1.