The Truth and Infomercials.
As humans, we have become so gullible. It seems we will fall for anything. We are like the weak minded in the Star Wars films, easily susceptible to the old jedi mind trick.
Television shows that trick people have huge ratings. Ask Ashton Kutcher. We can’t tell truth from fiction anymore. We are being suckered before a live studio audience. Intelligent lifeforms that monitor us from far far away must be asking themselves: “Why are we not invading this planet?”
Late night infomercials are jedi masters. They trick us into desiring things that we don’t need:
“I really want a Sham-Wow. Vince has such a sparkling personality.”
“Yes. I do want a boat with a screen door bottom.”
“That chia pet would look great on my mantle.”
We are suckers for new and improved, sparkly things.
It’s the same way in our spiritual lives. The enemy tempts us into wanting things outside of our beliefs. He shows us a clump of grass and convinces us that it’s greener on his side of the fence.
We allow ourselves to be duped.
Paul writes this:
“For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths” - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
It’s in our nature. We desire things because we are human. We want to have our ears tickled.
So we turn to myths. We drink the Kool-aid and hop the fence, all the while forgetting the truth.
So where does the truth lie? The truth is in God’s word.
“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of mine; and you will know the truth and the truth will set you free.” - John 8: 31-32
That’s such a simple statement. Know the truth and be free.
We sometimes get locked into what the world see’s as right but it is never enough to make us happy or content. There is always more, something better, something shinier.
But the truth will set us free. Bury yourself in His word and remember that God is enough.
- Lindsey Bell published the blogpost Miscarriages, Parenting, and How to Find Hope Through It All.
- Barry Sudduth just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Winners Announced from Rachel Hauck’s ‘Princess Ever After’ Author Chat Party.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Winners Announced from Rachel Hauck’s ‘Princess Ever After’ Author Chat Party.
- Juli Fischer just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Barbara Cameron talks about her latest release, A Road Unknown.
- Aaron Smith published the blogpost Your Love Never Fails (Anthony Skinner and Chris McClarney).
- Megan Westra published the blogpost Fluffy, Delicious, Protein Pancakes (gluten, dairy and refined sugar free).
- Blake AtwoodTalking to IBC!
- Kelley Mathews published the article Adoption: Giving A Family, Not Just Getting A Child.
- Blake Atwood published the video Keeping Your Identity and Faith in Christ | Barry Corey.
- Blake Atwood published the video Transformed: Transforming How I See & Use Money | Rick Warren.
- Jewish Voice published the blogpost Woliso Medical Mission: Serving Up Healing and Hope.
- Ryan Gregg published the video 'It's Your Life (Acoustic)' | Francesca Battistelli.
- Liz Edwards just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Blake Atwood uploaded a photo
- Kari Baumann published the blogpost what I have been reading (spring please come soon edition)..
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Get 5 or More Copies of What’s Best Next for 50% Off at WTS Books.
- Christine O'Shields created a new gallery
- chris FabrinHope Everyone Had A Great Ash Wednesday Have A Blessed Day..
- Christine O'Shields just moved in. Take time to say hey.