An Epic List of Free E-Books for Church Leaders
Undoubtedly, leaders are readers.
Use the following list of free e-books for church leaders to augment your leadership skills or to be introduced to new voices online. The list will be updated over time as new e-books are made available. The newest additions to this list will be at the top of each subheading.
Help the list become even more epic by adding suggestions of your own (or letting me know when an ebook is no longer available for free) in the comments.
How to Transfer PDFs to Your E-reader of Choice
- Student Leaders Are Church Leaders*, by Doug Franklin
- Church Leadership 101*, by Greg Atkinson
- 9 Reasons to Rethink Your Approach to Staffing*, by Bryan Miles
- The Rookie Pastor Manifesto*, by Josh Tandy
- Leadership That Changes the World: A New Framework for Leadership Development, Life Transformation, and What It Really Means to Follow Jesus*, by Michael Warden
- Stories of Sifted: Increased Surrender During Times of Trouble,
by Eric Weiss and Todd Wilson, provided by Exponential.
- Creating a Personal Life Plan*, by Michael Hyatt
- Church Unique: Visual Summary*, by Will Mancini
- More Influence: 21 From-the-Gut Lessons for Kingdom Leaders, by Brandon A. Cox
- Simple Ways to Be Missional*, provided by the Verge Network
- Transitions: How Your Church Can Help People in Times of Change*,
by Samantha Heller / Outreach Magazine
- Creating Your Business Vision*, by Michael Nichols
- One Of: Beginning the Missional Journey, by Greg Nettle and Alex Absalom
- Porn-Free Church: Raising up Gospel Communities to Destroy Secret Sins*,
provided by Covenent Eyes
- 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You a Better Leader, Brian Dodd
- Get Your Groove On: 12 Ideas to Help You Communicate Through Change, Tony Morgan
- 2012 Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit Summary*, Tim Peters
- 455 Leadership Quotes: Lessons From 2012′s Top Christian Conference Speakers*, Brian Dodd
- Wired to Plant: The Disc as a Predictor of Church Planting Success*, by Paul S. Williams
- What Every Church Planter Should Know, Volume 1*,
with articles by 25 different church leaders, provided by Portable Church Industries
- Leading Your Church in Church Planting, by J.D. Payne
- Discipleship in Church Planting, by J.D. Payne
Church Communications / Social Media / Church Tech
- The Five Commandments of Church Media, by Brady Shearer
- Maximize Your Digital Front Door: A Step by Step Guide to Develop a Church Web Experience, Not Just a Website*, by Tim Peters
- Get UnEmbarrassed: 10 Secrets to Effective Church Websites*, by Main Street Open
- 5 Starter Stage Designs*, Jonathan Malm
- Facebook for Churches, ChurchJuice
- Be Social: The Social Media Handbook for Churches*, by Matt McKee
- Social Media Tips for the Church, by Micah Foster
- How to Monitor Social Media in 10 Minutes a Day*, provided by HubSpot
- The Complete Guide to Pinterest, provided by Fresh Egg
- The Toolbox: 16 Tools That Will Help You Save Time, Increase Productivity, and Get More Done, by Ben Stroup
- Communication and Social Media Strategy, by Brian Kaufman
- Effective Blogging: 50 Tips To A Successful Blog*, seventy8 Productions
- Maximizing Ministry with Your iPad*, Charles Stone
- 55 Questions for Churches Launching New Communications, Amy Bishop
- So Much More: A Guide for Planning & Communicating Your Church's Year-End Giving Effort*, Brad Leeper with Generis (sign-up form on right sidebar)
- Guide to Year-End Giving for Your Church, by Tim Whitehorn and Ben Stroup
- Fund Accounting for Church Leadership, provided by ICON Systems
- The Giving Talk: How Two Minutes in Your Service Can Increase Giving*,
provided by GivingRocket
- 5 Systems That Will Increase Giving in Your Church*, provided by GivingRocket
- Three Proven Strategies to Beat the Summer Giving Slump, provided by GivingRocket
- The Writer's Manifesto*, by Jeff Goins
- How to Start a Book: Mini Guides, by Sarah Cunningham
- 30 Compelling Blog Post Ideas / 10 Ways to Get Started in Writing, by Mary DeMuth
I'd be remiss to not mention GospeleBooks.net, which provides a great place to find Christian books for the Kindle platform that are either free or have been heavily discounted.
* Requires registration or email newsletter signup
CC Image • Stewart on Flickr
- Blake Atwood published the audio Reimaginining God's Eternal Purpose: Part I | Frank Viola.
- Victor Nunez just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor alum appointed to National Commission on Hunger.
- Dorothy Greco published the blogpost Relevant Magazine: Fear Doesn’t Have to Control Us.
- Lauren Sturdy published the article Fostering Adventures: Veteran Parents Rebuild Lives.
- Blake Atwood shared Getting Your Small Group to Like You: "If people genuinely don’t like you, and you’re a representation of Christ for them, then there’s a great chance you’re acting as a barrier for them to enjoying Jesus. It would be wise for us to not be a barrier. How to you get your small group to like you? Well you can start by taking a shower before group. Then, let’s get to the more important things." — Ben Reed
- Britni Wood published the blogpost IT’S HERE! Get the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle NOW!!!!.
- Deb Wolf published the blogpost A Dozen Things You Can Do to Start Really Living Today.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Kidnapped Boy, 10, Sang A Gospel Song For 3 HOURS Until Abductor Set Him Free.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Who Suffer A Concussion More Likely To Attempt Suicide: study.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost New Teen Deadly LSD-Like Drug 25I, or N-bomb Trends.
- Scott Couchenour published the blogpost Serve Strong: An Interview With Author Terry Powell (part 1).
- Brian Jones published the blogpost Should Churches Allow Their Pastors To Smoke Pot If It Is Legal?.
- Nathan Rouse published the blogpost #011 Four Questions You Should Be Asking Your Kids.
- Perry HancockGOD'S WORD 2DAY - Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works..."
When we think of work, we often see ourselves as employees of the company that provides us with a means to make a living. We may work for a bank, a school, a factory, or even a church.
In this verse we learn that we actually work for the Lord and that we were created to do good works for Him.
Today while you are at work remember that even though you have work to do for your company, you also have good works to do for the Lord.
Do something 2DAY for Him and share your story at 124GO.
- Jeff Randleman published the blogpost Book Review – How High Will You Climb? By John C. Maxwell.
- Donald Williams just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- solomon david published the blogpost Product Video – A Highly Advanced & Elegant X-Cart Module by Perception System.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Hiring Great People Begins With Great Interview Questions – Glenn Brooke.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost All My Belongings by Cynthia Ruchti | Giveaway, Live Webcast Event, and Blog Tour.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost All My Belongings by Cynthia Ruchti | Giveaway, Live Webcast Event, and Blog Tour.
- Judy Douglass published the blogpost My Practices for Walking Well with God-Guest Post by Steve Douglass.
- Stephen Morrissey published the blogpost CWS Podcast – Ep. 41: Even If You are Wrong, Be Consistent.
- Jed Davis published the blogpost The Most Overlooked & Underquoted Verses In All Of Scripture.
- Vineet Mehrotra just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost How The World’s Most Creative People Lived Their Day.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost The Countries Where Youth Are Doing The Best And The Worst.
- Ashley Tucker just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Lois Johnson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost I’m probably never going to stop sharing this… [Photo].