An Epic List of Free E-Books for Church Leaders
Undoubtedly, leaders are readers.
Use the following list of free e-books for church leaders to augment your leadership skills or to be introduced to new voices online. The list will be updated over time as new e-books are made available. The newest additions to this list will be at the top of each subheading.
Help the list become even more epic by adding suggestions of your own (or letting me know when an ebook is no longer available for free) in the comments.
How to Transfer PDFs to Your E-reader of Choice
- Student Leaders Are Church Leaders*, by Doug Franklin
- Church Leadership 101*, by Greg Atkinson
- 9 Reasons to Rethink Your Approach to Staffing*, by Bryan Miles
- The Rookie Pastor Manifesto*, by Josh Tandy
- Leadership That Changes the World: A New Framework for Leadership Development, Life Transformation, and What It Really Means to Follow Jesus*, by Michael Warden
- Stories of Sifted: Increased Surrender During Times of Trouble,
by Eric Weiss and Todd Wilson, provided by Exponential.
- Creating a Personal Life Plan*, by Michael Hyatt
- Church Unique: Visual Summary*, by Will Mancini
- More Influence: 21 From-the-Gut Lessons for Kingdom Leaders, by Brandon A. Cox
- Simple Ways to Be Missional*, provided by the Verge Network
- Transitions: How Your Church Can Help People in Times of Change*,
by Samantha Heller / Outreach Magazine
- Creating Your Business Vision*, by Michael Nichols
- One Of: Beginning the Missional Journey, by Greg Nettle and Alex Absalom
- Porn-Free Church: Raising up Gospel Communities to Destroy Secret Sins*,
provided by Covenent Eyes
- 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You a Better Leader, Brian Dodd
- Get Your Groove On: 12 Ideas to Help You Communicate Through Change, Tony Morgan
- 2012 Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit Summary*, Tim Peters
- 455 Leadership Quotes: Lessons From 2012′s Top Christian Conference Speakers*, Brian Dodd
- Wired to Plant: The Disc as a Predictor of Church Planting Success*, by Paul S. Williams
- What Every Church Planter Should Know, Volume 1*,
with articles by 25 different church leaders, provided by Portable Church Industries
- Leading Your Church in Church Planting, by J.D. Payne
- Discipleship in Church Planting, by J.D. Payne
Church Communications / Social Media / Church Tech
- The Five Commandments of Church Media, by Brady Shearer
- Maximize Your Digital Front Door: A Step by Step Guide to Develop a Church Web Experience, Not Just a Website*, by Tim Peters
- Get UnEmbarrassed: 10 Secrets to Effective Church Websites*, by Main Street Open
- 5 Starter Stage Designs*, Jonathan Malm
- Facebook for Churches, ChurchJuice
- Be Social: The Social Media Handbook for Churches*, by Matt McKee
- Social Media Tips for the Church, by Micah Foster
- How to Monitor Social Media in 10 Minutes a Day*, provided by HubSpot
- The Complete Guide to Pinterest, provided by Fresh Egg
- The Toolbox: 16 Tools That Will Help You Save Time, Increase Productivity, and Get More Done, by Ben Stroup
- Communication and Social Media Strategy, by Brian Kaufman
- Effective Blogging: 50 Tips To A Successful Blog*, seventy8 Productions
- Maximizing Ministry with Your iPad*, Charles Stone
- 55 Questions for Churches Launching New Communications, Amy Bishop
- So Much More: A Guide for Planning & Communicating Your Church's Year-End Giving Effort*, Brad Leeper with Generis (sign-up form on right sidebar)
- Guide to Year-End Giving for Your Church, by Tim Whitehorn and Ben Stroup
- Fund Accounting for Church Leadership, provided by ICON Systems
- The Giving Talk: How Two Minutes in Your Service Can Increase Giving*,
provided by GivingRocket
- 5 Systems That Will Increase Giving in Your Church*, provided by GivingRocket
- Three Proven Strategies to Beat the Summer Giving Slump, provided by GivingRocket
- The Writer's Manifesto*, by Jeff Goins
- How to Start a Book: Mini Guides, by Sarah Cunningham
- 30 Compelling Blog Post Ideas / 10 Ways to Get Started in Writing, by Mary DeMuth
I'd be remiss to not mention GospeleBooks.net, which provides a great place to find Christian books for the Kindle platform that are either free or have been heavily discounted.
* Requires registration or email newsletter signup
CC Image • Stewart on Flickr
- Larry Carter published the blogpost Have You Ever Cut Your Nose Off To Spite Your Face?.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 17 Practices Of Highly Successful Leaders: Little League head coach Dave Belisle.
- John Peterson published the blogpost You Don’t Have to Be Retired to Rest and Enjoy Life.
- Kelley Mathews published the article 14 Ways for Christian Parents to Teach Kids about Atheism.
- George Bullard published the blogpost Can Missional Congregations Outrun Their Supply Lines?.
- Kelley Mathews published the article When Your House is Dirty and Your Kids are Screaming, Why Care About Ferguson?.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: What if Michael Bay had Directed "UP.".
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Watch: Capital Kings new music video and single ‘Fireblazin’.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost ‘…I remember going to church and getting angry’ – E! News Giuliana Rancic.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Stream Thousand Foot Krutch’s new album ‘OXYGEN:INHALE’ in its entirety.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost In Perfect Time by @SarahSundin | Enter to win a Kindle HDX and a set of books!.
- Kelley Mathews published the article Four Truths to Hold Onto When Family Members Don’t Change.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Mom Comes Up With An app That Locks Her Kids’ Phones Until They Call Her Back.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teen Siblings Create App to Monitor Police Activity.
- Courtney Rowland published the blogpost Tomato and Corn Chopped Salad with Cilantro Ranch Dressing.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost How to Lead and Leverage the Opportunities in Difficult Times.
- Mike Mobley published the blogpost Top 10 Things I’ve Learned in 10 Years of Marriage.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Summit, SEBTS, & Bridgehaven Partner to Offer Biblical Counseling Certificate.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost 3 Lessons About Life From the Big Bang Theory TV Show.