An Epic List of Free E-Books for Church Leaders
Undoubtedly, leaders are readers.
Use the following list of free e-books for church leaders to augment your leadership skills or to be introduced to new voices online. The list will be updated over time as new e-books are made available. The newest additions to this list will be at the top of each subheading.
Help the list become even more epic by adding suggestions of your own (or letting me know when an ebook is no longer available for free) in the comments.
How to Transfer PDFs to Your E-reader of Choice
- Student Leaders Are Church Leaders*, by Doug Franklin
- Church Leadership 101*, by Greg Atkinson
- 9 Reasons to Rethink Your Approach to Staffing*, by Bryan Miles
- The Rookie Pastor Manifesto*, by Josh Tandy
- Leadership That Changes the World: A New Framework for Leadership Development, Life Transformation, and What It Really Means to Follow Jesus*, by Michael Warden
- Stories of Sifted: Increased Surrender During Times of Trouble,
by Eric Weiss and Todd Wilson, provided by Exponential.
- Creating a Personal Life Plan*, by Michael Hyatt
- Church Unique: Visual Summary*, by Will Mancini
- More Influence: 21 From-the-Gut Lessons for Kingdom Leaders, by Brandon A. Cox
- Simple Ways to Be Missional*, provided by the Verge Network
- Transitions: How Your Church Can Help People in Times of Change*,
by Samantha Heller / Outreach Magazine
- Creating Your Business Vision*, by Michael Nichols
- One Of: Beginning the Missional Journey, by Greg Nettle and Alex Absalom
- Porn-Free Church: Raising up Gospel Communities to Destroy Secret Sins*,
provided by Covenent Eyes
- 151 Leadership Quotes: Timeless Truths That Will Make You a Better Leader, Brian Dodd
- Get Your Groove On: 12 Ideas to Help You Communicate Through Change, Tony Morgan
- 2012 Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit Summary*, Tim Peters
- 455 Leadership Quotes: Lessons From 2012′s Top Christian Conference Speakers*, Brian Dodd
- Wired to Plant: The Disc as a Predictor of Church Planting Success*, by Paul S. Williams
- What Every Church Planter Should Know, Volume 1*,
with articles by 25 different church leaders, provided by Portable Church Industries
- Leading Your Church in Church Planting, by J.D. Payne
- Discipleship in Church Planting, by J.D. Payne
Church Communications / Social Media / Church Tech
- The Five Commandments of Church Media, by Brady Shearer
- Maximize Your Digital Front Door: A Step by Step Guide to Develop a Church Web Experience, Not Just a Website*, by Tim Peters
- Get UnEmbarrassed: 10 Secrets to Effective Church Websites*, by Main Street Open
- 5 Starter Stage Designs*, Jonathan Malm
- Facebook for Churches, ChurchJuice
- Be Social: The Social Media Handbook for Churches*, by Matt McKee
- Social Media Tips for the Church, by Micah Foster
- How to Monitor Social Media in 10 Minutes a Day*, provided by HubSpot
- The Complete Guide to Pinterest, provided by Fresh Egg
- The Toolbox: 16 Tools That Will Help You Save Time, Increase Productivity, and Get More Done, by Ben Stroup
- Communication and Social Media Strategy, by Brian Kaufman
- Effective Blogging: 50 Tips To A Successful Blog*, seventy8 Productions
- Maximizing Ministry with Your iPad*, Charles Stone
- 55 Questions for Churches Launching New Communications, Amy Bishop
- So Much More: A Guide for Planning & Communicating Your Church's Year-End Giving Effort*, Brad Leeper with Generis (sign-up form on right sidebar)
- Guide to Year-End Giving for Your Church, by Tim Whitehorn and Ben Stroup
- Fund Accounting for Church Leadership, provided by ICON Systems
- The Giving Talk: How Two Minutes in Your Service Can Increase Giving*,
provided by GivingRocket
- 5 Systems That Will Increase Giving in Your Church*, provided by GivingRocket
- Three Proven Strategies to Beat the Summer Giving Slump, provided by GivingRocket
- The Writer's Manifesto*, by Jeff Goins
- How to Start a Book: Mini Guides, by Sarah Cunningham
- 30 Compelling Blog Post Ideas / 10 Ways to Get Started in Writing, by Mary DeMuth
I'd be remiss to not mention GospeleBooks.net, which provides a great place to find Christian books for the Kindle platform that are either free or have been heavily discounted.
* Requires registration or email newsletter signup
CC Image • Stewart on Flickr
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, and Sarah Sundin.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, and Sarah Sundin.
- Claire Florine published the blogpost “I Feel You Girl”: Sexual Assault in Chicago, and Diana the Hunter of Bus Drivers.
- John Rutledge published the article Evangelical Group Wants Election-Year Conversation About Marriage Equality.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor profs honored for excellence in teaching and mentoring.
- Julie Pierce published the blogpost 4 Ways to Say No to Multitasking and Yes to Productivity.
- Brad Russell published the article 4 Ways to Say 'No' to Multitasking and 'Yes' to Productivity.
- Lori Minutoli published the blogpost The Defining Moment Between Attraction and Sexual Sin for the Christian.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost “Guide For Parents During The First 6 Weeks Of College”.
- Laurie Geisz published the blogpost “Good Morning, God” ~ When Your Baby’s Having Surgery.
- FaithVillage Administrator published the blogpost Guest Blog: Welcome to the Passive Aggressive Church.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost Quote by Dustin Shramek on God’s sovereignty and our suffering. [Quote].
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW: Stevenson's Treasure by Mark Wiederanders.
- Don Sartain published the blogpost Reflections on the Old Testament, Changes, and the Middle East.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teenagers Who Smoke Marijuana Daily Are Over 60% Less Likely To Complete High School.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 5 Crazy Ways Social Media Is Changing Your Brain Right Now.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Social Media Tracked Trends: Facebook Isn’t Dead Among Teens.
- solomon david published the blogpost 15 Best Practices of PHP Development for Beginners.
- Mary DeMuth published the blogpost 25 – 4 Truths that’ll Change the Way You View Evangelism.
- Lara Krupicka published the blogpost Kindle Giveaway & the new Bucket List Living For Moms book.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost How You Can Be the Hero in Your Marriage – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Linda Kardamis published the blogpost Why Always Putting Others First is A Horrible Idea.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost Next Up Podcast: How to Keep From Burning Out Way Too Soon (Episode 9).
- solomon david published the blogpost How to Convert WordPress HTTP Website to HTTPS/SSL?.
- solomon david published the blogpost The Best of the Week Android, iPhone, iPad, and Windows Phone Apps for Users.
- Lindsey Bell published the blogpost Become a Better Mom – Week 3 Challenge: Read to Your Kids Daily.
- Lee Sah Lim published the blogpost Penang I : When Parents And In-Laws Also Travelled With Us.