A Mother’s Love: Yuberkis’ Story
When you see your child in pain, your heart breaks, your mind races, your whole being is consumed with comforting and consoling your child, trying to take away his fear and pain.
But there is a balance in motherhood. A time when your child falls and bumps her leg. She screams, but you know she’s ok. This is the time when your mothering instinct kicks in and you console her and encourage your precious daughter to be strong but continue on. You watch other mothers, your mother, your aunts, cousins and friends. You learn from them. You lean on them for support and confirmation that you are doing it right.
Yuberkis learned from her mother. She leaned on her for support and help while beginning to raise her own daughter, Brisnely, after her husband left.
If an absent husband wasn’t enough, more tragedy struck. Yuberkis’ mother passed away. She depended on her mother for help with her two children. Now, she needed to find care for them since they were too young for school as she tried to earn enough to put food on the table each day. Some days there just wasn’t enough. But Yuberkis loved her children and would do anything for them.
Just when things seemed that they couldn’t get any worse, Yuberkis’ eldest child, Brisnely (only 4 at the time), fell and badly injured her elbow. As Yuberkis’ mothering instinct kicked in, she lifted Brisnely up by her elbow to comfort her.
She didn’t realize how badly she was hurt.
Yuberkis wept when she realized what she had done. She had no idea this injury was more than just an innocent spill, and she had accidentally made it worse.
Her husband had left, her mother had died, she could barely provide for her children’s daily needs, and now she had brought pain to her precious daughter. Something had to change. With all her energy, Yuberkis sought healing for Brisnely,
first being told that nothing could be done and then finding a doctor who damaged Brisnely’s broken arm even further with his treatment. But then she found CURE.
Now Brisnely, at age 7, has received healing and through this healing Yuberkis’ has come to faith in Jesus Christ.
Throughout all of this, a mother’s love and her determination to provide the best for her children never ends. Yuberkis is also sharing CURE with others. She sent two more mothers in her community to the hospital. She wants them and their children to receive the same healing that she and Brisnely experienced.
Find more content like this in Engage Mission Center.
- John Rutledge published the article How Kent Brantly Survived Ebola: Intense Medical Care — and Prayer.
- Brad Russell published the article What Atticus Finch Taught Me About Watching the News.
- Brad Russell published the article My Whitebread, Middle-Class Opinions About Ferguson Just Matter.
- Brad Russell published the article 'A Christian Survivor Guide' | Ed Cyzewski [Book Review].
- Brad Russell published the article 8 Reasons Young Leadership Is Essential to Your Organization Now.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Know where you’ll park before heading to McLane Stadium.
- Brad Russell published the article What I Learned from Creating 100 Sermon Bumpers in One Year.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Headlines: Breakfast debate, instant noodles, Ebola recovery.
- Jim McNeely published the blogpost The Logos Made Flesh, Full of Grace and Truth — John 1:14.
- Jennifer Cote published the blogpost Vegetarian Black Bean Enchiladas w/Mexican-style Red Sauce.
- John Peterson published the blogpost Are You Feeling Trapped? Learn This One Secret to Finding Freedom.
- Brad Russell published the article 'Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus' | Nabeel Qureshi [Book Review].
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Workplace Christians: The Engine for How the Gospel Spreads.
- Deb Wolf published the blogpost Blessings, Moments, and Love Around the Blogosphere.
- Brad Russell published the article 'New Monasticism' | Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove [Book Review].
- Bo Bartlett uploaded a photo
- Bo Bartlett uploaded a photo
- Nils Smith published the blogpost My Interview with William Vanderbloemen discussing NEXT.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost My Reflections on the Events in Ferguson in Light of Miroslav Volf.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost The App That Will Change How You Do Youth Ministry.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost One Vital Question that will Transform Your Teaching.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Use This Automation Hack to Archive Your Social Media Life – Reade Milner.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 10 Of The Biggest Lies Students Hear Before They Get To College.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 40 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From When The Game Stands Tall.
- Eric Arch just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jim McNeely published the blogpost Christ at the Center of Confidence: 1 John 4:13-21.
- DrDebi Smith published the blogpost 3 Things You Can Do When the Man You Love Gets Off Track.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: pray for peace, then work for it with all your might.