Top Online Tools for Your Small Group
Small groups are like gardens. You have to continually nourish, protect, feed and tend to them in order to support their growth. It’s essential that both small group leaders and members learn how to tend the community garden. Keeping your group organized and implementing simple communication tools are the soil and water that give your garden a solid foundation and help members feel supported and stable.
At FaithVillage, we hope to supply just the right resources to equip you with a green thumb or two. Here’s a list of websites that are sure to make your garden grow, and they’re totally free. And everyone loves FREE!
Who wants to go to Group when there’s no food served? I know my small group makes food one of the top priorities. You can use Sign Up Genius so members can decide what food or drink they want to bring. This way, one person doesn’t get stuck bringing chips and salsa every time. Other ideas may include a volunteer sign up list, a church coffee schedule, community festival worker list or your holiday party RSVP. Sign Up Genius sends email reminders to members and even gives you the option to swap tasks with someone else.
Making sure everyone in your group hears about the party you’re planning can be stressful. One person wasn’t at the meeting when you made the announcement, and suddenly they feel left out. Evite makes inviting group members to a holiday party, birthday, celebration or community service project super easy and fun. Personalize your invitation by uploading photos and get notified when people respond.
If you’re sick of digging through your suggestion box after Group, consider using Ta-da Lists. Compile all your suggestions, ideas, prayer requests and praise reports in separate organized lists online. You can share all your lists with group members and access them on your phone. Other uses of Ta-da lists might include discussion points, books to read and movies to watch. If you’re like me, the more lists (which means the more things I can potentially cross off), the better!
Don’t worry. You don’t need to scramble to assimilate tons of data and research to be a good small group leader. However, occasionally kicking off your Bible study with a short survey may be a good introduction to the next week’s topic. It may even motivate members to think about it before arriving. You can start picking your members’ brains before they even get to Group. For example, you could send your group members a survey on how they feel about a certain topic and then integrate those results in your presentation. When you get the BASIC Plan on SurveyMonkey, you get everything you need. We’re not trying to be rocket scientists, remember?
Photo Apps for Your Phone
More and more of us are using our phones to capture Kodak moments and post them to Facebook and Twitter instantaneously. Still, these phone applications are fresh and trendy for reporting social activities on-the-go and sending event photos to members.
If you’re interested, look at this complete list of photosharing apps, their sharing options and appropriate device.
How do you grow your garden? Any new tips or other resources you want to share?
Originally posted September 28, 2011.
- Octavia Carter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May Jesus Christ Be The Ultimate Treasure We Always Seek by Debbie Harris..
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Father Who Can We Graciously And Humbly Walk Beside Today Just To Love by Debbie Harris.
- Bryce Johnson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 13 Resources For Ministry Leaders Who Struggle with Porn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Expert Reveals Biggest Concern About Youngsters And Social Media.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Half (54%) Of US Teens Think Life Would Be Better Without Social Media.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Roy Lichtenstein's Most Popular Painting is Displayed.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost After Confronting Campus Bully, HS Football Player Gets Suspended.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Conservative Student Is Victim Of ‘Racist Rape Apologist’ Attack Fliers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Yik Yak app Putting Teens Behind Bars, Police Warn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Hearing That Things Can Change Helps Teens Dodge Depression.
- Andrew Shivers just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost GIVEAWAY: Win a Framed “The Fault in Our Stars” FULL SIZE Movie Poster [Winner Chosen].
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost ‘Boxtrolls:’ Incredible Animation, Charmless Story.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Dad Lip-Syncs Daughter's Tantrum.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost SOTW: ‘Chasing After The Wind’ by Alan Powell (Free Friday Download).
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Drive Video: If You Want Engagement, Self-Direction is Better.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW: The Unexpected Earl by Philippa Jane Keyworth.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Seminary Dropout 55: Gary Black Jr. – Co-author of The Divine Conspiracy Continued.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost ‘Believe Me': Alum’s thought-provoking film now in theaters.
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost Stress Kills!!! Here's 3 Ways To Do Something About It.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost How The New Fall TV Season Reminds Me Of The Gospel.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Suffering Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Personal Responsibility Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost 20 Approaches to Battling Depression-Anxiety as Suffering.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Hellion’ is A Wild, Family-Driven Ride Worth Taking.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ is Cool, Uncommitted.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Pieces Together a Winning Team.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Talking about cancer on WFAA’s ‘Two Chairs’ series.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Get Excited: New ‘Believe Me’ Trailer Validates Everything We Thought.
- solomon david published the blogpost Micromax Canvas Nitro Launched for Rs 12,990 in India.
- solomon david published the blogpost 20 Mobile (iOS, Android) App & Web Prototyping Tools – Part2.
- Walter Bright published the blogpost Bloodlines: John Piper ‘ s Story of Race And Grace.