Ready to Help
When I was given the opportunity to go on a Honduras mission trip, going to the maternity ward was the part I was the most nervous about. I remember on the drive to the hospital I kept worrying to myself, “What could I possibly do to help these people. I can’t even talk to them.” As soon as we set foot at the hospital, I had this immediate feeling of comfort and a confidence that at that moment I was doing exactly what God wanted me to be doing.
When we went around to the different girls to witness, it was the most amazing thing to see these girls listening to us and taking in what we had to say. We met many women, each with their own story and struggles. After hearing what some of them were going through, like not being able to see their baby for days, losing a child, or being stricken with illness, it made any problem I had ever faced seem so small and irrelevant compared to theirs.
We were able to collect personal items for the mothers and babies and pack them into care bags that we gave to each mother along with a Bible. Each woman received a bag and they were so grateful for what we had to offer. Some of these women had nothing for their babies, not even clothes to bring them home in, so it was great to know that we could help.
There was one particular woman that we met who I will never forget. She came to the hospital expecting to have one child, but was surprised to find out she would be having twins. On top of all that, she had to have a caesarean section with no anesthesia! Now I can’t even begin to imagine the shock she was going through because I know if I was in her shoes I would have been a nervous wreck.
She was the calmest, kindest, most beautiful, loving, and grateful woman I’ve ever met, even after enduring all that she had been through. We were able to visit her both days at the hospital, and the thing that was so touching was that when we came back the second day, we came in her room while she was reading the Bible we had given her. It was like getting to see the fruits of your labor right in front of your eyes.
Being able to witness to these women and just show them some kindness and compassion was a life changing experience that I will forever be grateful to have experienced. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think and pray for these beautiful people, and I can only pray that your lives are touched just as mine was. Romans 12:13 is such a simple verse, yet it holds so much power and truth.
When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Romans 12:13
For more information, visit www.xmaonline.com.
- Andrew MasonCreating A Small Group Curriculum Map by Ben Reed http://www.smallgroupchurches.com/creating-a-small-group-curriculum-map/
- Marcella WoodridgeThe longer I live the more I know I need GOD leading my life every step of the way.
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia Carter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May Jesus Christ Be The Ultimate Treasure We Always Seek by Debbie Harris..
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Father Who Can We Graciously And Humbly Walk Beside Today Just To Love by Debbie Harris.
- Bryce Johnson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 13 Resources For Ministry Leaders Who Struggle with Porn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Expert Reveals Biggest Concern About Youngsters And Social Media.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Half (54%) Of US Teens Think Life Would Be Better Without Social Media.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Roy Lichtenstein's Most Popular Painting is Displayed.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost After Confronting Campus Bully, HS Football Player Gets Suspended.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Conservative Student Is Victim Of ‘Racist Rape Apologist’ Attack Fliers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Yik Yak app Putting Teens Behind Bars, Police Warn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Hearing That Things Can Change Helps Teens Dodge Depression.
- Andrew Shivers just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost GIVEAWAY: Win a Framed “The Fault in Our Stars” FULL SIZE Movie Poster [Winner Chosen].
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost ‘Boxtrolls:’ Incredible Animation, Charmless Story.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Dad Lip-Syncs Daughter's Tantrum.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost SOTW: ‘Chasing After The Wind’ by Alan Powell (Free Friday Download).
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Drive Video: If You Want Engagement, Self-Direction is Better.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW: The Unexpected Earl by Philippa Jane Keyworth.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Seminary Dropout 55: Gary Black Jr. – Co-author of The Divine Conspiracy Continued.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost ‘Believe Me': Alum’s thought-provoking film now in theaters.
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost Stress Kills!!! Here's 3 Ways To Do Something About It.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost How The New Fall TV Season Reminds Me Of The Gospel.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Suffering Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Personal Responsibility Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost 20 Approaches to Battling Depression-Anxiety as Suffering.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Hellion’ is A Wild, Family-Driven Ride Worth Taking.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ is Cool, Uncommitted.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Pieces Together a Winning Team.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Talking about cancer on WFAA’s ‘Two Chairs’ series.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Get Excited: New ‘Believe Me’ Trailer Validates Everything We Thought.
- solomon david published the blogpost Micromax Canvas Nitro Launched for Rs 12,990 in India.