Ready to Help
When I was given the opportunity to go on a Honduras mission trip, going to the maternity ward was the part I was the most nervous about. I remember on the drive to the hospital I kept worrying to myself, “What could I possibly do to help these people. I can’t even talk to them.” As soon as we set foot at the hospital, I had this immediate feeling of comfort and a confidence that at that moment I was doing exactly what God wanted me to be doing.
When we went around to the different girls to witness, it was the most amazing thing to see these girls listening to us and taking in what we had to say. We met many women, each with their own story and struggles. After hearing what some of them were going through, like not being able to see their baby for days, losing a child, or being stricken with illness, it made any problem I had ever faced seem so small and irrelevant compared to theirs.
We were able to collect personal items for the mothers and babies and pack them into care bags that we gave to each mother along with a Bible. Each woman received a bag and they were so grateful for what we had to offer. Some of these women had nothing for their babies, not even clothes to bring them home in, so it was great to know that we could help.
There was one particular woman that we met who I will never forget. She came to the hospital expecting to have one child, but was surprised to find out she would be having twins. On top of all that, she had to have a caesarean section with no anesthesia! Now I can’t even begin to imagine the shock she was going through because I know if I was in her shoes I would have been a nervous wreck.
She was the calmest, kindest, most beautiful, loving, and grateful woman I’ve ever met, even after enduring all that she had been through. We were able to visit her both days at the hospital, and the thing that was so touching was that when we came back the second day, we came in her room while she was reading the Bible we had given her. It was like getting to see the fruits of your labor right in front of your eyes.
Being able to witness to these women and just show them some kindness and compassion was a life changing experience that I will forever be grateful to have experienced. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think and pray for these beautiful people, and I can only pray that your lives are touched just as mine was. Romans 12:13 is such a simple verse, yet it holds so much power and truth.
When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Romans 12:13
For more information, visit www.xmaonline.com.
- Kayla Bentz just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Children 12 And Under Are Fastest Growing Group Of Unaccompanied Minors At U.S. Border.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Flashback: 15 Sites and Apps Kids Are Heading to Beyond Facebook.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Why Seven Hours of Sleep Might Be Better Than Eight.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Help for Couples Recovering from Adultery or Pornography: Video Tandem 8 of 9.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost 52 Great Questions to Ask Your Direct Reports – Glenn Brooke.
- Jody Martin just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- George Krickl published the blogpost Poor in Spirit: Moses – The Circumstance Driven Leader.
- John Bucher published the blogpost MY LATEST on HBO’s SITE at WATCHINGTHELEFTOVERS.COM.
- Joni Foto just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- John Rutledge published the article Obama’s LGBT Federal Hiring Order Leaves Bush-era Religious Exemption in Place.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Because of Jesus Christ, There Is Always Joyous Hope by Debbie Harris.
- Kelley Mathews published the video Watch Hope Unfold in the Lives of Four Extraordinary People.
- Kelley Mathews published the video The Best Yes Small Group Bible Study | Lysa TerKeurst.
- Lindsey Wickman uploaded a photo
- Lindsey Wickman created a new gallery
- Lindsey Wickman just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jim McNeely published the blogpost Is Christianity harder than than we pretend it is?.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Tallest man in Canada stars as Goliath in upcoming ‘David and Goliath’ film.
- Melissa Morris uploaded a photo
- Melissa Morris created a new gallery
- Jed Davis published the blogpost Rejection Is Coming, Deal With It In Two Simple Steps.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost For many patients, life after intensive care includes trauma, nightmares.
- Melissa Morris just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Brittany Moore just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- John Bucher published the blogpost Six Sightings of a Yet Unseen Force at Work in THE LEFTOVERS.
- sean forte will be attending Community Life Team // Prayer and Info Bulletin Board.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor authors fill bookshelves with summer releases.
- sean forte just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- George BullardFeatured TCP Book For July 22nd: So Much Better: How Thousands of Pastors Help Each Other Thrive http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/0827235240
- George BullardFree TCP eBook July 22nd Only! How to Never Experience Unhealthy Conflict in Your Congregation Again: Part Two http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/B00BV8INI6
- George BullardJuly 22nd: Transform Congregations By Greater Discipline #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/07/july-22nd-transform-congregations-by-greater-discipline-365ssiftc.html