3 Compounds that Burn Belly Fat
New research is revealing that the secret to weight loss may be more complex than “eat less, move more." The key may be an enzyme called AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) that is found in blueberries, grapefruit, green tea and cayenne peppers. AMPK’s helps your body utilize sugar which results in boosting your metabolism resulting in weight loss.
AMPK is generally activated during exercise to help muscles use stored sugar and fat for energy. But, AMPK can also be activated by food. The secret to activating the power of AMPK is by including foods that contain polyphenols, nootkatone, and capsaicin all of which activate this fat-burning enzyme.
Polyphenols are antioxidants found in a variety of foods including tea, coffee, vegetables, and chocolate. A powerful polyphenol that has been shown to activate AMPK is called resveratrol and is found in the skin of red grapes and blueberries. Resveratrol can help decrease the development of fat cells and can reduce fat tissue in rats on a high fat diet.
If you having difficulty losing weight, you may want to consider a resveratrol supplement which can help reduce inflammation and may help with weight loss. Or increase your intake of foods high in resveratrol such as red grapes and blueberries. If you are going to drink, choose red wine for the extra resveratrol boost. Remember though, calories do count some, so drinking more wine to try to lose weight will not result in weight loss, just excess calorie consumption.
Nootkatone a component found in grapefruit has been shown to significantly increase fat-burning (AMPK) activity. Nootkatone also increases calorie burn and reduces stomach fat accumulation in rats. Consider grapefruit as vitamin C- rich snack, add grapefruit slices to a spinach salad, or even into an immune-boosting smoothie.
Capsaicin, found in cayenne pepper, can increase calories burned after consumption. A study in the British Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that when subjects consumed capsaicin for weight maintenance, fat oxidation (the breakdown of fat) was increased. Capsaicin may also stimulate the production of AMPK, leading to further breakdown of fat. Try adding cayenne pepper to recipes like chicken tenders for an extra fat-burning effect or try a detox drink with cayenne pepper.
If you are having difficulty losing weight, adding some fat-burning foods may be key. Also, remember, to get less calories from grains, sugars, and carbohydrates and more from vegetables, berries, grapefruit, nuts, seeds, organic meat and raw dairy.
- Weight loss may not be as straight forward as “calories in vs. calories out."
- An enzyme called AMPK, which helps the body use fat and glucose, may also play a role in helping in weight loss.
- Certain foods can activate AMPK, including resveratrol, nootkatone, and capsaicin.
- Consume Blueberries, Resveratrol Supplements, Green Tea, Grapefruit, Hot Peppers, and Cayenne Pepper for fat burning fuel.
- Try to increase your intake of these “fat burning” foods by replacing other less ideal foods in your diet for optimal weight loss.
CC Photo by brx0
Find more content like this in Imago Wellness Center.
- Blake Atwood published the video Jesus Makes Headlines: How Jesus Enters Your Life | Steve Adams.
- Blake Atwood published the video The Counselor: Do You Want to Get Well? | Craig Groeschel.
- Blake Atwood shared Is Your Bible Study Group-Centered or Christ-Centered?: Here's a short checklist from Peter Krol to help ascertain if your small group may have lost its primary focus. Has your group ever experienced something like this?
- Min. Kamal SharifI haven't been here in a while, but I'll be spending a lot more time here in the future. Too much evil on other social networks. I need to spend more time with the people of God.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 13 Things “Big Church” Must Learn from Youth Ministry.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Casual Pot Use Causes Brain Abnormalities In The Young.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Florida Police Save 14-Year-Old Girl From Sex Trafficking.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Kinnear and Reilly Bring Realism to 'Heaven' Movie.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost How to Recognize Signs of Alzheimer’s in Loved Ones.
- solomon david published the blogpost Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update To Fix Nexus 5 Battery Issue, Rolls Out in Mid-April.
- John Mark Miller published the blogpost N: Neverland is a Nightmare – The Beauty of Growing Up.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Paul Walker’s Brothers Help Finish ‘Fast & Furious 7′ Action Scenes.
- Brian Jones published the blogpost Why You And Jesus Need Marriage Counseling (or a personal appeal for fresh analogies).
- solomon david published the blogpost New Gameplay Teaser Announces Age of Empires for Windows Phone.
- Serena Rice published the blogpost The Smell of Isolation: Day 16 of the April Poetry Challenge.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Integrity Music set to release Action Bible Remixed.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Fellowship Creative releasing debut album ‘Running To Follow’ May 13.
- solomon david published the blogpost 8 Best Android Tablet Applications For Spring 2014.
- Julie Pierce published the blogpost Tears in Your Grape Juice: the privilege of servant leadership.
- Antwuan Malone published the blogpost Is It Possible to Be Eternally Separated From God? | TQ.43.
- Judy Douglass published the blogpost Major Milestones: Celebration, Reflection, Anticipation.
- Sandra Glahn published the blogpost The Feminists We Forgot: My Post for Her.Meneutics.
- Jed Davis published the blogpost Auto Responders: Have You Broken These Thou Shall Nots….
- Jotham David Parker uploaded a photo
- Deena Shoemaker published the blogpost Project: Beautiful Feet -- The Stelmaszek Family to Pretoria, South Africa.
- Deena Shoemaker published the blogpost Ask Box: Biblical Authority, Inerrancy, and Inspiration..
- Deena Shoemaker published the blogpost Project: Beautiful Feet -- Tommy Martin to Sierra Leone, West Africa.
- Deena Shoemaker published the blogpost Project: Beautiful Feet -- Adam Denton to Trujillo, Bagua and Chiri Yaco, Peru.
- David Capshaw just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Garry Rivers just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Whitt Madden published the blogpost Resolution for Women – My Heart, A resolution to care..