3 Compounds that Burn Belly Fat
New research is revealing that the secret to weight loss may be more complex than “eat less, move more." The key may be an enzyme called AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) that is found in blueberries, grapefruit, green tea and cayenne peppers. AMPK’s helps your body utilize sugar which results in boosting your metabolism resulting in weight loss.
AMPK is generally activated during exercise to help muscles use stored sugar and fat for energy. But, AMPK can also be activated by food. The secret to activating the power of AMPK is by including foods that contain polyphenols, nootkatone, and capsaicin all of which activate this fat-burning enzyme.
Polyphenols are antioxidants found in a variety of foods including tea, coffee, vegetables, and chocolate. A powerful polyphenol that has been shown to activate AMPK is called resveratrol and is found in the skin of red grapes and blueberries. Resveratrol can help decrease the development of fat cells and can reduce fat tissue in rats on a high fat diet.
If you having difficulty losing weight, you may want to consider a resveratrol supplement which can help reduce inflammation and may help with weight loss. Or increase your intake of foods high in resveratrol such as red grapes and blueberries. If you are going to drink, choose red wine for the extra resveratrol boost. Remember though, calories do count some, so drinking more wine to try to lose weight will not result in weight loss, just excess calorie consumption.
Nootkatone a component found in grapefruit has been shown to significantly increase fat-burning (AMPK) activity. Nootkatone also increases calorie burn and reduces stomach fat accumulation in rats. Consider grapefruit as vitamin C- rich snack, add grapefruit slices to a spinach salad, or even into an immune-boosting smoothie.
Capsaicin, found in cayenne pepper, can increase calories burned after consumption. A study in the British Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that when subjects consumed capsaicin for weight maintenance, fat oxidation (the breakdown of fat) was increased. Capsaicin may also stimulate the production of AMPK, leading to further breakdown of fat. Try adding cayenne pepper to recipes like chicken tenders for an extra fat-burning effect or try a detox drink with cayenne pepper.
If you are having difficulty losing weight, adding some fat-burning foods may be key. Also, remember, to get less calories from grains, sugars, and carbohydrates and more from vegetables, berries, grapefruit, nuts, seeds, organic meat and raw dairy.
- Weight loss may not be as straight forward as “calories in vs. calories out."
- An enzyme called AMPK, which helps the body use fat and glucose, may also play a role in helping in weight loss.
- Certain foods can activate AMPK, including resveratrol, nootkatone, and capsaicin.
- Consume Blueberries, Resveratrol Supplements, Green Tea, Grapefruit, Hot Peppers, and Cayenne Pepper for fat burning fuel.
- Try to increase your intake of these “fat burning” foods by replacing other less ideal foods in your diet for optimal weight loss.
CC Photo by brx0
Find more content like this in Imago Wellness Center.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of July 28th.
- Robin Norgren published the blogpost Spark and Inspire Question #1: Are Collaborations a Good Idea?.
- Kelley Mathews published the audio Welcome to a Life of Greatness | The Journey with Ron Moore.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga Sing "Anything Goes".
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Ebola, skin cancer, doctor training changes among this week’s top health headlines.
- Crystal Stine published the blogpost 4×4 of 4 Things (OR: Stuff To Know About Me Before Declare).
- Kevin Sistrunk just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Tameshia Williams > Great Book ReviewersHappy Friday Great Book Reviewers,
The latest Fiction, and Christian Living books available for review have been uploaded. As usual, please message Kelley Mathews — the group admin at this time — with your request. Include your mailing address and remember to upload a link to your review on this group wall when it's complete. Try to do that within a month or so, and we can re-list you as an eligible reviewer. Happy reading!
- Florence Ukpabi published the blogpost Behaviour Modification God’s Way (Book extract 28).
- John Bucher published the blogpost Check out The Living Reminders & The Leftovers Daily.
- raveena chandra just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- George BullardFeatured TCP Book for August 1st: Cultivating Perennial Churches: Your Guide to Long-Term Growth http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/0827205120
- George BullardFree TCP eBook August 1st Only! Spiritual and Strategic Insights for Transforming Congregations Volume One http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/B00JJ17WZC
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when i am a popular blogger, or not [today at the high calling].
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when we're moving back to waco [or, our lives are circles].
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when i measure the distance of God [today at deeper story].
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when there is no way but through, or, when there is room at this table.
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when this is the dinner party revolution: a guest post from ed cyzewski.
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when jesus asks, "and what about you?" [thoughts on the break, a look at our new home].
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when we make vows long before they are ever spoken.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Have You Accepted President Obama As Your Personal Lord & Savior?.
- Melrose York just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor alums take ‘Fixer Upper’ skills to HGTV, ‘Today’ show.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Pieces Together a Winning Team.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 3 Common Traits of Youth Who Don’t Leave the Church.
- Mikel Del Rosario published the blogpost Apologetics Event Tip #1 – Build a Leadership Team.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW: Murder at Cold Creek College by Christa Nardi.
- Austin McCann published the blogpost Freebie: Resource to Disciple Students Who Come to Faith.
- George BullardAugust 1st Transform Congregations By Walking the Second Mile #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/08/august-1st-transform-congregations-by-walking-the-second-mile-365ssiftc.html
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Codependency, Chronic Pain, & Prescription Drug Abuse.
- Diane Paddison published the blogpost Pinterest, Productivity and Playdates In This Week’s Friday Faves.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost The Key to Becoming a Better Writer: Read More – Reade Milner.