Tweeting Your High School Self
The answers were funny, heartbreaking, and inspirational and covered a wide range of topics.
High schoolers, take note.
- “You don’t have to be president of everything. Don’t chase those stupid boys. Let yourself have fun.”
- ”Quit isolating yourself! Get more involved in activities, make some friends, and put yourself out there. You can do it!”
- “That girls like it when you say things like ‘hello’ and ‘how are you doing?’”
- “He is cheating on you and treats you horrible. Leave him, and focus on the positive in your life.”
- “Listen to the red flag, if he will hit you before you are married he will hit you after you’re married.”
- “Don’t date jocks!”
- “Don’t spend so much time ignoring [your mother's] advice, someday she won’t be there to give it when you need it.”
- “Stop! Your life is going to be wonderful!! Just absorb the concept of patience and listen to that little voice in your head guiding you! That is God’s whisper pointing you in the direction of promise, love, and understanding.”
- “You can have success in life…”
- “What’s up stud. Keep it up.”
- “Don’t be such a loser.”
- “Work harder.”
- “Everything’s going to be okay.”
- “To invest in Google, Apple and Nintendo.”
- “Buy Apple stock.”
- “I know you don’t know what the Internet is, but it will be the most important thing in your life & this is what you will use it for.”
- “Be thankful Facebook and Twitter don’t exist yet.”
- “You need to waste more time goofing off… there’s no time for it in ‘the real world!’”
- “Cut the Mullet.”
- “Those Jams look awesome!”
- “Don’t worry about trying to be cool… everyone ends up fat and bald.”
- “Quit Mcdonalds instead of quitting school… otherwise it’ll take you a decade to get away from them both.”
- “It could be worse. All of your friends could finish college before you start.”
The Best Advice
- “Keep going, you have no idea the huge plans God has for you.”
Originally posted on September 9, 2011
- Noreen Nix just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Mother Confronts Young Daughter’s Alleged Bully With violence.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Sharron K. Cosby | Red Light Rendezvous.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Sharron K. Cosby | Red Light Rendezvous.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost The Simple Things in Life – Tiny House Living – Vincent Russell.
- Courtney Rowland published the blogpost Creamy Parmesan Leek and Mushroom Pasta #SundaySupper.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost “Real Women Leading” iPad Mini Giveaway and “Leading with Values” Facebook Party 3/20!.
- Kelly Pigott published the blogpost Ashes, Tattoos, the Sign of the Cross, and my Friend Connie.
- Walter Bright published the blogpost Be thou removed: Prayer of a man they called “Consecrated Cobbler.
- George Krickl published the blogpost Poor in Spirit: Paul and Barnabas Discipleship Continued.
- Jennifer Collins just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Doris SwiftOur greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at something that doesn't really matter.” ― D.L. Moody
- Doris SwiftEmerge from ordinary into extraordinary; rise above, set apart, walking in the plan as He directs the steps...
- Doris SwiftIf you're feeling stuck in your writing journey~remember, every new idea-every word written propels you forward
- Jon StallingsIf we focus our prayers just on Jesus delivering us from the trials of life, we have set up our own life as an idol
- Melcome Feldspar just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Leon Bloder published the blogpost Shouldn't All Christians Be Universalists At Heart?.
- Jennifer Alayo-AguilarI am so excited to be here. This is something new that I have never tried before. I am glad to be alive to witness this, a blog post check-out site for Christians around the country, the world to connect with one another. The mini-neighborhood is pretty good. Say prayers for me, my husband, and the rest of our family as we get our lives back together and get on the right track with Jesus Christ. Amen.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Livestream Simply Youth Ministry Conference be a part of it!.
- George BullardMarch 8th: Transform Congregations By Radical Missional Engagement #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/03/march-8th-transform-congregations-by-radical-missional-engagement-365ssiftc.html
- Jennifer Alayo-Aguilar just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Greg Winfield published the blogpost The Blessing of Struggle – Do You Know What You’re Made of?.
- Stephanie L Burr just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 10 Reasons Why Youth Ministry Is A Strategic Career Choice.
- Evan Nehring published the blogpost Announcement: Life Sentence Publishing Partnership.
- Matthew Tan published the blogpost "Justice, Unity & the Hidden Christ": Review in Ethika Politika.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of March 3rd.
- Nathan Wheeler published the blogpost Prayer, a beautiful mistake: Atheism For Lent Part 1.
- Allen O'Brien published the blogpost Mark Driscoll’s Publishing Tactics Trigger A Golden Age For Christian Publishing.
- Brad Russell published the article FaithVillage Expands Church Partnerships with 10 New Features.
- GREG WHITAKER just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost How To Supercharge Your Productivity With Evernote.