Tweeting Your High School Self
The answers were funny, heartbreaking, and inspirational and covered a wide range of topics.
High schoolers, take note.
- “You don’t have to be president of everything. Don’t chase those stupid boys. Let yourself have fun.”
- ”Quit isolating yourself! Get more involved in activities, make some friends, and put yourself out there. You can do it!”
- “That girls like it when you say things like ‘hello’ and ‘how are you doing?’”
- “He is cheating on you and treats you horrible. Leave him, and focus on the positive in your life.”
- “Listen to the red flag, if he will hit you before you are married he will hit you after you’re married.”
- “Don’t date jocks!”
- “Don’t spend so much time ignoring [your mother's] advice, someday she won’t be there to give it when you need it.”
- “Stop! Your life is going to be wonderful!! Just absorb the concept of patience and listen to that little voice in your head guiding you! That is God’s whisper pointing you in the direction of promise, love, and understanding.”
- “You can have success in life…”
- “What’s up stud. Keep it up.”
- “Don’t be such a loser.”
- “Work harder.”
- “Everything’s going to be okay.”
- “To invest in Google, Apple and Nintendo.”
- “Buy Apple stock.”
- “I know you don’t know what the Internet is, but it will be the most important thing in your life & this is what you will use it for.”
- “Be thankful Facebook and Twitter don’t exist yet.”
- “You need to waste more time goofing off… there’s no time for it in ‘the real world!’”
- “Cut the Mullet.”
- “Those Jams look awesome!”
- “Don’t worry about trying to be cool… everyone ends up fat and bald.”
- “Quit Mcdonalds instead of quitting school… otherwise it’ll take you a decade to get away from them both.”
- “It could be worse. All of your friends could finish college before you start.”
The Best Advice
- “Keep going, you have no idea the huge plans God has for you.”
Originally posted on September 9, 2011
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Meet Worship leader Bridgett Kern, listen to new single.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 7 Habits Of An Unhealthy Culture vs. 7 Habits Of A Healthy Culture.
- Edgar Galdamez published the blogpost The Life of a Pastor: Service, Stress, Solitude, Sacrifice.
- George Bullard published the blogpost Are Millennials Different than Baby Boomers 40 Years Ago?.
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost A Review of “Loss of Sadness” by Allan Horwitz and Jerome Wakefield.
- Patricia Hunter published the blogpost Labor Day::thankful for the gift of work and the labor of love....
- Lee Sah Lim published the blogpost Bangkok IV: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market And MBK Center.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Psalm 88 Sermon Follow Up: “Will Life Ever Get Better?”.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Are You Engaged With Teenagers Where They’re Growing Spiritually?.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 5 Roles Youth Workers Play In The Lives Of Teenagers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 6 Tips for Creating Structure and Boundaries in Ministry.
- Kelly Balarie published the blogpost Bible Verses for Perfectionists: Finding Your True Worth.
- solomon david published the blogpost 6 Must to Have Skills That Every Magento Store Developer Should Consider.
- solomon david published the blogpost Cloud Gaming Fun With Microsoft’s DeLorean Available Soon.
- solomon david published the blogpost 6 Amazing Paid iPhone Applications that Available for Free Right Now.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Tim Ferriss on the Importance of Being Unconventional.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Journey To The High Places: On The Shores of Loneliness (Week 7).
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Labor Day, Your Marriage, and Your Family – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Judy Douglass published the blogpost How We Got Here: Live Alive Guest Post by Jordan Stroman.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 14 Practices Of Senior Pastors Who Grow Great Churches.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Are Getting Pickier About The Brands They Display On Their Clothes.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost Two Prayers That Will Inspire And Provoke The Soul.