Tweeting Your High School Self
The answers were funny, heartbreaking, and inspirational and covered a wide range of topics.
High schoolers, take note.
- “You don’t have to be president of everything. Don’t chase those stupid boys. Let yourself have fun.”
- ”Quit isolating yourself! Get more involved in activities, make some friends, and put yourself out there. You can do it!”
- “That girls like it when you say things like ‘hello’ and ‘how are you doing?’”
- “He is cheating on you and treats you horrible. Leave him, and focus on the positive in your life.”
- “Listen to the red flag, if he will hit you before you are married he will hit you after you’re married.”
- “Don’t date jocks!”
- “Don’t spend so much time ignoring [your mother's] advice, someday she won’t be there to give it when you need it.”
- “Stop! Your life is going to be wonderful!! Just absorb the concept of patience and listen to that little voice in your head guiding you! That is God’s whisper pointing you in the direction of promise, love, and understanding.”
- “You can have success in life…”
- “What’s up stud. Keep it up.”
- “Don’t be such a loser.”
- “Work harder.”
- “Everything’s going to be okay.”
- “To invest in Google, Apple and Nintendo.”
- “Buy Apple stock.”
- “I know you don’t know what the Internet is, but it will be the most important thing in your life & this is what you will use it for.”
- “Be thankful Facebook and Twitter don’t exist yet.”
- “You need to waste more time goofing off… there’s no time for it in ‘the real world!’”
- “Cut the Mullet.”
- “Those Jams look awesome!”
- “Don’t worry about trying to be cool… everyone ends up fat and bald.”
- “Quit Mcdonalds instead of quitting school… otherwise it’ll take you a decade to get away from them both.”
- “It could be worse. All of your friends could finish college before you start.”
The Best Advice
- “Keep going, you have no idea the huge plans God has for you.”
Originally posted on September 9, 2011
- Andrew MasonCreating A Small Group Curriculum Map by Ben Reed http://www.smallgroupchurches.com/creating-a-small-group-curriculum-map/
- Marcella WoodridgeThe longer I live the more I know I need GOD leading my life every step of the way.
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia Carter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May Jesus Christ Be The Ultimate Treasure We Always Seek by Debbie Harris..
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Father Who Can We Graciously And Humbly Walk Beside Today Just To Love by Debbie Harris.
- Bryce Johnson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 13 Resources For Ministry Leaders Who Struggle with Porn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Expert Reveals Biggest Concern About Youngsters And Social Media.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Half (54%) Of US Teens Think Life Would Be Better Without Social Media.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Roy Lichtenstein's Most Popular Painting is Displayed.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost After Confronting Campus Bully, HS Football Player Gets Suspended.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Conservative Student Is Victim Of ‘Racist Rape Apologist’ Attack Fliers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Yik Yak app Putting Teens Behind Bars, Police Warn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Hearing That Things Can Change Helps Teens Dodge Depression.
- Andrew Shivers just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost GIVEAWAY: Win a Framed “The Fault in Our Stars” FULL SIZE Movie Poster [Winner Chosen].
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost ‘Boxtrolls:’ Incredible Animation, Charmless Story.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Dad Lip-Syncs Daughter's Tantrum.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost SOTW: ‘Chasing After The Wind’ by Alan Powell (Free Friday Download).
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Drive Video: If You Want Engagement, Self-Direction is Better.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW: The Unexpected Earl by Philippa Jane Keyworth.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Seminary Dropout 55: Gary Black Jr. – Co-author of The Divine Conspiracy Continued.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost ‘Believe Me': Alum’s thought-provoking film now in theaters.
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost Stress Kills!!! Here's 3 Ways To Do Something About It.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost How The New Fall TV Season Reminds Me Of The Gospel.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Suffering Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Personal Responsibility Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost 20 Approaches to Battling Depression-Anxiety as Suffering.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Hellion’ is A Wild, Family-Driven Ride Worth Taking.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ is Cool, Uncommitted.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Pieces Together a Winning Team.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Talking about cancer on WFAA’s ‘Two Chairs’ series.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Get Excited: New ‘Believe Me’ Trailer Validates Everything We Thought.
- solomon david published the blogpost Micromax Canvas Nitro Launched for Rs 12,990 in India.