Tweeting Your High School Self
The answers were funny, heartbreaking, and inspirational and covered a wide range of topics.
High schoolers, take note.
- “You don’t have to be president of everything. Don’t chase those stupid boys. Let yourself have fun.”
- ”Quit isolating yourself! Get more involved in activities, make some friends, and put yourself out there. You can do it!”
- “That girls like it when you say things like ‘hello’ and ‘how are you doing?’”
- “He is cheating on you and treats you horrible. Leave him, and focus on the positive in your life.”
- “Listen to the red flag, if he will hit you before you are married he will hit you after you’re married.”
- “Don’t date jocks!”
- “Don’t spend so much time ignoring [your mother's] advice, someday she won’t be there to give it when you need it.”
- “Stop! Your life is going to be wonderful!! Just absorb the concept of patience and listen to that little voice in your head guiding you! That is God’s whisper pointing you in the direction of promise, love, and understanding.”
- “You can have success in life…”
- “What’s up stud. Keep it up.”
- “Don’t be such a loser.”
- “Work harder.”
- “Everything’s going to be okay.”
- “To invest in Google, Apple and Nintendo.”
- “Buy Apple stock.”
- “I know you don’t know what the Internet is, but it will be the most important thing in your life & this is what you will use it for.”
- “Be thankful Facebook and Twitter don’t exist yet.”
- “You need to waste more time goofing off… there’s no time for it in ‘the real world!’”
- “Cut the Mullet.”
- “Those Jams look awesome!”
- “Don’t worry about trying to be cool… everyone ends up fat and bald.”
- “Quit Mcdonalds instead of quitting school… otherwise it’ll take you a decade to get away from them both.”
- “It could be worse. All of your friends could finish college before you start.”
The Best Advice
- “Keep going, you have no idea the huge plans God has for you.”
Originally posted on September 9, 2011
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 10 Characteristics Of Effective Church Communications.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost 'An Evening of One Acts': Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: an explanation from the crazy crying lady at the park.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: when the hands and feet of God stink and hurt, respectively.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: "christian" - better as a noun, not an adjective.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Christian band All Things New drops new EP ‘Attic Sessions’.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost Write Tribe Blog Carnival - What if You Were Not Afraid?.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May We Always Speak Words Of Life And Healing by Debbie Harris.
- lucy santoshey.. I am lucy...
- Jonalyn Fincher published the blogpost The Spiritual Practice of Friendship (not just Chemistry).
- lucy santos just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost Make Every Day A Celebration With Spellbinders Celebra’tions Collection + A Giveaway.
- Kelley Mathews published the article "Egalitarian" and "Complementarian": What's the Main Difference?.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost What killed the dinosaurs? Baylor geology researcher part of new study.
- John Bucher published the blogpost My Theories About Who Killed Gladys on HBO’s site Watchingtheleftovers.com.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost Next Up Podcast: 3 Ways to Live & Lead in The Moment (Episode 6).
- George BullardFeatured TCP Book for July 30th: A Divine Assignment: The Missiology of Wendell Clay Somerville http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/1603500073
- George BullardFREE TCP eBook July 30th Only! Seeing Jesus in the City http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/B00AVJKOSS
- George BullardJuly 30th: Transform Congregations By Death and Resurrection #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/07/july-30th-transform-congregations-by-death-and-resurrection-365ssiftc.html
- Amy Young published the blogpost Pay it forward (part two — You must meet these people!).
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost ‘There would be no point in faith if it wasn’t tested’ – Jennifer Hudson.
- Brad Andres published the blogpost Would Your Christianity Survive in Other Parts of the World?.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Don’t have your life all figured out? Then read this….