Tweeting Your High School Self
The answers were funny, heartbreaking, and inspirational and covered a wide range of topics.
High schoolers, take note.
- “You don’t have to be president of everything. Don’t chase those stupid boys. Let yourself have fun.”
- ”Quit isolating yourself! Get more involved in activities, make some friends, and put yourself out there. You can do it!”
- “That girls like it when you say things like ‘hello’ and ‘how are you doing?’”
- “He is cheating on you and treats you horrible. Leave him, and focus on the positive in your life.”
- “Listen to the red flag, if he will hit you before you are married he will hit you after you’re married.”
- “Don’t date jocks!”
- “Don’t spend so much time ignoring [your mother's] advice, someday she won’t be there to give it when you need it.”
- “Stop! Your life is going to be wonderful!! Just absorb the concept of patience and listen to that little voice in your head guiding you! That is God’s whisper pointing you in the direction of promise, love, and understanding.”
- “You can have success in life…”
- “What’s up stud. Keep it up.”
- “Don’t be such a loser.”
- “Work harder.”
- “Everything’s going to be okay.”
- “To invest in Google, Apple and Nintendo.”
- “Buy Apple stock.”
- “I know you don’t know what the Internet is, but it will be the most important thing in your life & this is what you will use it for.”
- “Be thankful Facebook and Twitter don’t exist yet.”
- “You need to waste more time goofing off… there’s no time for it in ‘the real world!’”
- “Cut the Mullet.”
- “Those Jams look awesome!”
- “Don’t worry about trying to be cool… everyone ends up fat and bald.”
- “Quit Mcdonalds instead of quitting school… otherwise it’ll take you a decade to get away from them both.”
- “It could be worse. All of your friends could finish college before you start.”
The Best Advice
- “Keep going, you have no idea the huge plans God has for you.”
Originally posted on September 9, 2011
- solomon david published the blogpost Hire WordPress Coder With Flexible Pricing Packages.
- solomon david published the blogpost Microsoft Soon to Launch All New Nokia Lumia 530 By Next Month.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 8 Things Pastors Can Do To Avoid Losing Their Inner-Circle.
- John Deisher published the blogpost Yell Practice, August 26th, 6:30pm, Clayton Williams Center.
- Danny Anderson published the blogpost Pick Your Poison: Grade Inflation or Administrative Bloat.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost 9 Questions to Help You Steward All of Your Life for God’s Glory.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Iconic Lone Star paintings on display at Baylor’s Martin Museum.
- Blake Atwood published the blogpost The One-Day 99-cent Sale for The Gospel According to Breaking Bad.
- Bronwyn Lea published the blogpost Help: I have a graduate degree and a going-nowhere-job.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost What Did Literally Millions Of Teen Girls Specifically Glean From MTV’s VMAs.
- Eileen Knowles published the blogpost When You Kinda Wish Your Love Language Was Physical Touch.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Croatian Church Scuttles ‘Game of Thrones’ Nude Scene.
- Lisa Murray published the blogpost What Lies Ahead: Forging a Life and Relationship / Return of the Prodigal, Part 3.
- Sandra Glahn published the blogpost Exclusive: The State of Faith in America Panel with Larry King.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Sarah Silverman Shows Off Marijuana Pipe on Red Carpet, Wins Emmy.
- Brad Andres published the blogpost Behind the Song: “Great and Mighty” by HisNameHigh.
- Scott Couchenour published the blogpost Here’s One of the Worst Things You Can Do As A Ministry Leader.
- solomon david published the blogpost 6 Things to Consider When Picking Out WordPress Template for Business.
- solomon david published the blogpost Get Highly Flexible WordPress Mobile Theme Development Service.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost ‘Breaking Bad’ and ‘Modern Family’ Win Again at the 66th Emmys.
- FaithVillage Administrator published the blogpost New groups do not launch themselves, it takes a catalyst!.
- Lee Sah Lim published the blogpost Bangkok IV: Moving To Khaosan Road, A “Backpacker Ghetto”.
- Claire Florine published the blogpost It Was Personal: Ferguson, ALS, Christian Genocide, and Tay-Tay.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost This week's Bachelor in Paradise posts will be delayed.
- Dave Hilgendorf published the blogpost Sharing Your Faith – What You Can Do With That Awkward Moment.
- John Peterson published the blogpost How to Change the View and Harness the Power of the Bible.