5 Practical Questions to Evaluate a Small Group Ministry
As a new year begins many small group pastors will bring their leadership team together to evaluate the ministry. Asking the right questions is vital. The five questions below may be helpful as you evaluate the small group ministry you lead.
- Is our infrastructure still capable of supporting the number of small groups in our small group ministry?
- Is everyone (coaches, leaders, and group members) connected to and connecting with someone for encouragement, accountability, and to find answers to the questions they need answered?
- What weaknesses are consistent in the small group leaders who are leading our groups? This will tell you what training to do for your leaders in the upcoming year.
- Are our small group leaders and coaches still capable of quoting the ministry’s core values and purpose statement and are they leading those they lead to live out those core values? If not, you can rest assured that philosophical drift has occurred and the small group ministry is not accomplishing what you anticipate accomplishing in the lives of small group members. You may need to revisit these with your leaders in a big way.
- Is every person on the small group leadership team still passionate about seeing lives transformed and disciples made through small groups? If not, it may be time to spend significant time in prayer and, if necessary, replacing some of the people on this team.
- Dave Jenkins, Jr. created a new gallery
- Brad Russell uploaded a photo
- Dave Jenkins just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Drew DyckMy interview on the Logos blog on how we try to domesticate God. http://blog.vyrso.com/2014/04/23/stop-trying-to-tame-god-rediscovering-dangerous-christianity/
- Blake Atwood published the audio Reimaginining God's Eternal Purpose: Part I | Frank Viola.
- Victor Nunez just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor alum appointed to National Commission on Hunger.
- Dorothy Greco published the blogpost Relevant Magazine: Fear Doesn’t Have to Control Us.
- Lauren Sturdy published the article Fostering Adventures: Veteran Parents Rebuild Lives.
- Blake Atwood shared Getting Your Small Group to Like You: "If people genuinely don’t like you, and you’re a representation of Christ for them, then there’s a great chance you’re acting as a barrier for them to enjoying Jesus. It would be wise for us to not be a barrier. How to you get your small group to like you? Well you can start by taking a shower before group. Then, let’s get to the more important things." — Ben Reed
- Britni Wood published the blogpost IT’S HERE! Get the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle NOW!!!!.
- Deb Wolf published the blogpost A Dozen Things You Can Do to Start Really Living Today.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Kidnapped Boy, 10, Sang A Gospel Song For 3 HOURS Until Abductor Set Him Free.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Who Suffer A Concussion More Likely To Attempt Suicide: study.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost New Teen Deadly LSD-Like Drug 25I, or N-bomb Trends.
- Scott Couchenour published the blogpost Serve Strong: An Interview With Author Terry Powell (part 1).
- Brian Jones published the blogpost Should Churches Allow Their Pastors To Smoke Pot If It Is Legal?.
- Nathan Rouse published the blogpost #011 Four Questions You Should Be Asking Your Kids.
- Perry HancockGOD'S WORD 2DAY - Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works..."
When we think of work, we often see ourselves as employees of the company that provides us with a means to make a living. We may work for a bank, a school, a factory, or even a church.
In this verse we learn that we actually work for the Lord and that we were created to do good works for Him.
Today while you are at work remember that even though you have work to do for your company, you also have good works to do for the Lord.
Do something 2DAY for Him and share your story at 124GO.
- Jeff Randleman published the blogpost Book Review – How High Will You Climb? By John C. Maxwell.
- Donald Williams just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- solomon david published the blogpost Product Video – A Highly Advanced & Elegant X-Cart Module by Perception System.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Hiring Great People Begins With Great Interview Questions – Glenn Brooke.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost All My Belongings by Cynthia Ruchti | Giveaway, Live Webcast Event, and Blog Tour.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost All My Belongings by Cynthia Ruchti | Giveaway, Live Webcast Event, and Blog Tour.
- Judy Douglass published the blogpost My Practices for Walking Well with God-Guest Post by Steve Douglass.
- Stephen Morrissey published the blogpost CWS Podcast – Ep. 41: Even If You are Wrong, Be Consistent.
- Jed Davis published the blogpost The Most Overlooked & Underquoted Verses In All Of Scripture.
- Vineet Mehrotra just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost How The World’s Most Creative People Lived Their Day.