The Apostle Paul's Top 21 Leadership Character Traits
In our men's group we discussed Acts 20. As I read and prepared for our discussion, I noticed 21 character traits of the apostle Paul. Look over this list, and then take time to assess yourself as a leader.
Which 3 - 5 of these are you doing well? Put a star next to these. Well done, good and faithful servant!
Now, on which 3 - 5 of these do you need some improvement? Circle those.
- Humble (v. 19).
- Servant-heart (19).
- Integrity. Never hesitated to preach the Word, no matter what the consequences (20).
- Committed. Devoted to teaching God's Word regardless of the venue (20).
- Unprejudiced. Taught everyone ... both Jews and Gentiles (21).
- Compassionate. Had a heart for bringing lost people to Christ (21).
- Spirit-Led, not led his own thoughts and plans (22).
- Fearless; total trust in God (22).
- Spirit-filled. He listened to the internal promptings of the Holy Spirit (23).
- Faithful. He had a proper perspective on life — and death — and he persevered (24).
- Visionary: He could leave this earth knowing he had done all he could do, with no regrets (26).
- Passionate. He never held anything back. People got 100% of the Good News (27).
- Shepherd. He cared for and invested into people (28). (See their response to him in vv. 37, 38!).
- Shepherd-developer (28).
- Realist. He understood the reality of spiritual warfare (30).
- Warrior. He cared about the church and wanted them to be protected against the evil one (31).
- Not greedy or even interested in the world's riches (33).
- Diligent; not lazy (34).
- Responsible (34).
- Giving (35).
- Pray-er (36).
What next step will you take as a leader to continue growing in your leadership characteristics? Who will you share this with ... someone who can help hold you accountable?
Public Domain Image • Saint Paul Writing His Epistles by Valentin de Boulogne
- George Krickl published the blogpost The Plow: Moving from Biblical Examples to Our Ministry Manifesto.
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost Get Clean With Cottonelle And Save With A High Value Coupon.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Jet City's 'Wise Guys' - Squeaky Clean Show with F-Bombs.
- FaithVillage Administrator published the blogpost Emote Control - Part 8 - Depression - Emote Control.
- FaithVillage Administrator published the blogpost Emote Control - Part 9 - Cultivating Godly Emotions(1) - Emote Control.
- FaithVillage Administrator published the blogpost Emote Control - Part 10 - Cultivating Godly Emotions(2) - Emote Control.
- Brad Russell published the audio Social Media Mastery with Nils Smith | Pro Church Podcast.
- Brad Russell published the video No Man Is An Island | Tenth Avenue North [Music Video].
- Brad Russell published the video Promoting Charities on Social Media | Reggie Escalante.
- Brad Russell published the video The Difference Between 'Studying' and 'Reading' the Bible | Eugene Peterson.
- Brian Niece published the blogpost Street Theology Vol. 1 :: Lecrae “My Whole Life Changed”.
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost The Essential Art of Saying "No" and How You Can Get Better At It.
- Kelley Mathews published the article How to Make Your Wedding Day the Best Day of Your Life.
- Mike Kim published the blogpost Free Webinar: How To Write An Effective Support Letter.
- Brad Russell published the article 'The Good of Politics' | James W. Skillen [Book Review].
- Brad Russell published the article 4 Questions to Ask When Creating A Church Social Media Position.
- Juan Galloway just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Kelley Mathews published the video Engaging with LGBT Persons | Dallas Theological Seminary.
- Kelley Mathews published the video Ministering to People Wrestling with Sexual Identity | Darrell Bock.
- John BeckThere are Christians and
there are “Born Again” Christians
Which one ARE YOU? - See more at: http://www.faithvillage.com/member/7v9I6eh0P77DKemwWCrxt4/newsfeed#sthash.DadySJXK.dpuf
- Kelley Mathews published the article "The Power of One-on-One" by Jim Stump [Book Review].
- Kelley Mathews published the audio Stones of Remembrance | The Journey with Ron Moore.
- George BullardFeatured TCP Book For July 24th: Staying Alive: Why the Conventional Wisdom about Traditional Churches Is Wrong http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/1603500251
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Bears sweep Big 12 Athlete of the Year honors for 2nd time in 3 years.