The Apostle Paul's Top 21 Leadership Character Traits
In our men's group we discussed Acts 20. As I read and prepared for our discussion, I noticed 21 character traits of the apostle Paul. Look over this list, and then take time to assess yourself as a leader.
Which 3 - 5 of these are you doing well? Put a star next to these. Well done, good and faithful servant!
Now, on which 3 - 5 of these do you need some improvement? Circle those.
- Humble (v. 19).
- Servant-heart (19).
- Integrity. Never hesitated to preach the Word, no matter what the consequences (20).
- Committed. Devoted to teaching God's Word regardless of the venue (20).
- Unprejudiced. Taught everyone ... both Jews and Gentiles (21).
- Compassionate. Had a heart for bringing lost people to Christ (21).
- Spirit-Led, not led his own thoughts and plans (22).
- Fearless; total trust in God (22).
- Spirit-filled. He listened to the internal promptings of the Holy Spirit (23).
- Faithful. He had a proper perspective on life — and death — and he persevered (24).
- Visionary: He could leave this earth knowing he had done all he could do, with no regrets (26).
- Passionate. He never held anything back. People got 100% of the Good News (27).
- Shepherd. He cared for and invested into people (28). (See their response to him in vv. 37, 38!).
- Shepherd-developer (28).
- Realist. He understood the reality of spiritual warfare (30).
- Warrior. He cared about the church and wanted them to be protected against the evil one (31).
- Not greedy or even interested in the world's riches (33).
- Diligent; not lazy (34).
- Responsible (34).
- Giving (35).
- Pray-er (36).
What next step will you take as a leader to continue growing in your leadership characteristics? Who will you share this with ... someone who can help hold you accountable?
Public Domain Image • Saint Paul Writing His Epistles by Valentin de Boulogne
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Meet Worship leader Bridgett Kern, listen to new single.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 7 Habits Of An Unhealthy Culture vs. 7 Habits Of A Healthy Culture.
- Edgar Galdamez published the blogpost The Life of a Pastor: Service, Stress, Solitude, Sacrifice.
- George Bullard published the blogpost Are Millennials Different than Baby Boomers 40 Years Ago?.
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost A Review of “Loss of Sadness” by Allan Horwitz and Jerome Wakefield.
- Patricia Hunter published the blogpost Labor Day::thankful for the gift of work and the labor of love....
- Lee Sah Lim published the blogpost Bangkok IV: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market And MBK Center.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Psalm 88 Sermon Follow Up: “Will Life Ever Get Better?”.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Are You Engaged With Teenagers Where They’re Growing Spiritually?.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 5 Roles Youth Workers Play In The Lives Of Teenagers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 6 Tips for Creating Structure and Boundaries in Ministry.
- Kelly Balarie published the blogpost Bible Verses for Perfectionists: Finding Your True Worth.
- solomon david published the blogpost 6 Must to Have Skills That Every Magento Store Developer Should Consider.
- solomon david published the blogpost Cloud Gaming Fun With Microsoft’s DeLorean Available Soon.
- solomon david published the blogpost 6 Amazing Paid iPhone Applications that Available for Free Right Now.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Tim Ferriss on the Importance of Being Unconventional.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Journey To The High Places: On The Shores of Loneliness (Week 7).
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Labor Day, Your Marriage, and Your Family – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Judy Douglass published the blogpost How We Got Here: Live Alive Guest Post by Jordan Stroman.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 14 Practices Of Senior Pastors Who Grow Great Churches.