How to Add Protein to Your Breakfast
Protein for breakfast is extremely important, especially if you are on a weight loss diet. Breakfast is breaking your fast. It sets the stage for the entire day. Most people need good quality protein at every meal.
Go ahead and eat the whole egg. Egg yolks are not the villian that some people in the past have portrayed them to be. Space does not permit a full discussion on this one point.
Okay, so eating eggs can get boring. Let’s change it up every day between how we make our eggs and the other foods on this list.
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Fried eggs or fried eggs with melted cheese on top
- Scrambled eggs or omelet
- Scrambled eggs or omelet with cheese
- Scrambled eggs or omelet with cottage cheese
- Scrambled eggs or omelet with sauteed vegetables, such as onions, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, or spinach.
- Traditional breakfast meats such as bacon, sausage, or ham. Please stop worrying so much about this type of fat. The fat to really worry about is ***trans fat (see info below). To the contrary, eating fat will satiate your hunger—that is, it will take much longer for you to feel hungry—perfect for weight loss help.
- Steak—broil or pan fry—it really doesn’t take that long to cook.
- Fish, Chicken, Lamb—really any meat at all—any way you like it. A good way to look at it is this—eat your “dinner” for breakfast.
- “Dinner” leftovers.
- Cook “dinner” in the crockpot overnight. The sky’s the limit on the variety of possibilities here. For example, pork roast, beef stew, beef ribs, beef roast, chicken stew, chicken roast, fish, lamb, etc.
Protein, Milk or Yogurt Smoothies
- Get a good quality protein powder, such as whey, and follow the directions on the package.
- Add fresh or frozen fruit and/or fruit juice to milk or yogurt to make a healthy delicious smoothie.
Nix the Carbs (for best weight loss help and arguably for better overall health as well)
- Skip the cereal, hot or cold.
- Skip the toast, bagels, and English muffins.
- Skip the muffins.
- Skip the pancakes and waffles.
- Skip the hashbrown potatoes.
Hopefully this was a good start for you in getting some variety as well as protein into your morning meal. Share your own protein breakfast ideas in the comment section below.
***Trans fats are the fats that raise your LDL cholesterol level and lower your HDL cholesterol level which is the exact combination that increases your risk of heart disease.
Trans fats are made by adding hydrogen to vegetable oil in a process called hydrogenation. They are found in commercially baked goods, doughnuts, French fries, shortening, and margarine.
To help avoid trans fats check the labels for “partially hydrogenated vegetable oil” and for shortening.
CC Photo by tiny banquet committee on Flickr
- Andrew MasonCreating A Small Group Curriculum Map by Ben Reed http://www.smallgroupchurches.com/creating-a-small-group-curriculum-map/
- Marcella WoodridgeThe longer I live the more I know I need GOD leading my life every step of the way.
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia Carter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May Jesus Christ Be The Ultimate Treasure We Always Seek by Debbie Harris..
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Father Who Can We Graciously And Humbly Walk Beside Today Just To Love by Debbie Harris.
- Bryce Johnson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 13 Resources For Ministry Leaders Who Struggle with Porn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Expert Reveals Biggest Concern About Youngsters And Social Media.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Half (54%) Of US Teens Think Life Would Be Better Without Social Media.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Roy Lichtenstein's Most Popular Painting is Displayed.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost After Confronting Campus Bully, HS Football Player Gets Suspended.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Conservative Student Is Victim Of ‘Racist Rape Apologist’ Attack Fliers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Yik Yak app Putting Teens Behind Bars, Police Warn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Hearing That Things Can Change Helps Teens Dodge Depression.
- Andrew Shivers just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost GIVEAWAY: Win a Framed “The Fault in Our Stars” FULL SIZE Movie Poster [Winner Chosen].
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost ‘Boxtrolls:’ Incredible Animation, Charmless Story.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Dad Lip-Syncs Daughter's Tantrum.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost SOTW: ‘Chasing After The Wind’ by Alan Powell (Free Friday Download).
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Drive Video: If You Want Engagement, Self-Direction is Better.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW: The Unexpected Earl by Philippa Jane Keyworth.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Seminary Dropout 55: Gary Black Jr. – Co-author of The Divine Conspiracy Continued.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost ‘Believe Me': Alum’s thought-provoking film now in theaters.
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost Stress Kills!!! Here's 3 Ways To Do Something About It.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost How The New Fall TV Season Reminds Me Of The Gospel.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Suffering Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Personal Responsibility Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost 20 Approaches to Battling Depression-Anxiety as Suffering.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Hellion’ is A Wild, Family-Driven Ride Worth Taking.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ is Cool, Uncommitted.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Pieces Together a Winning Team.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Talking about cancer on WFAA’s ‘Two Chairs’ series.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Get Excited: New ‘Believe Me’ Trailer Validates Everything We Thought.
- solomon david published the blogpost Micromax Canvas Nitro Launched for Rs 12,990 in India.