How to Add Protein to Your Breakfast
Protein for breakfast is extremely important, especially if you are on a weight loss diet. Breakfast is breaking your fast. It sets the stage for the entire day. Most people need good quality protein at every meal.
Go ahead and eat the whole egg. Egg yolks are not the villian that some people in the past have portrayed them to be. Space does not permit a full discussion on this one point.
Okay, so eating eggs can get boring. Let’s change it up every day between how we make our eggs and the other foods on this list.
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Fried eggs or fried eggs with melted cheese on top
- Scrambled eggs or omelet
- Scrambled eggs or omelet with cheese
- Scrambled eggs or omelet with cottage cheese
- Scrambled eggs or omelet with sauteed vegetables, such as onions, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, or spinach.
- Traditional breakfast meats such as bacon, sausage, or ham. Please stop worrying so much about this type of fat. The fat to really worry about is ***trans fat (see info below). To the contrary, eating fat will satiate your hunger—that is, it will take much longer for you to feel hungry—perfect for weight loss help.
- Steak—broil or pan fry—it really doesn’t take that long to cook.
- Fish, Chicken, Lamb—really any meat at all—any way you like it. A good way to look at it is this—eat your “dinner” for breakfast.
- “Dinner” leftovers.
- Cook “dinner” in the crockpot overnight. The sky’s the limit on the variety of possibilities here. For example, pork roast, beef stew, beef ribs, beef roast, chicken stew, chicken roast, fish, lamb, etc.
Protein, Milk or Yogurt Smoothies
- Get a good quality protein powder, such as whey, and follow the directions on the package.
- Add fresh or frozen fruit and/or fruit juice to milk or yogurt to make a healthy delicious smoothie.
Nix the Carbs (for best weight loss help and arguably for better overall health as well)
- Skip the cereal, hot or cold.
- Skip the toast, bagels, and English muffins.
- Skip the muffins.
- Skip the pancakes and waffles.
- Skip the hashbrown potatoes.
Hopefully this was a good start for you in getting some variety as well as protein into your morning meal. Share your own protein breakfast ideas in the comment section below.
***Trans fats are the fats that raise your LDL cholesterol level and lower your HDL cholesterol level which is the exact combination that increases your risk of heart disease.
Trans fats are made by adding hydrogen to vegetable oil in a process called hydrogenation. They are found in commercially baked goods, doughnuts, French fries, shortening, and margarine.
To help avoid trans fats check the labels for “partially hydrogenated vegetable oil” and for shortening.
CC Photo by tiny banquet committee on Flickr
- Adam Smith published the blogpost The Biggest Threat to Your Relationship and How to Avoid It – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Lara Krupicka published the blogpost Anticipation: What’s Next for Moms Who Want to Live the Bucket List Life?.
- Valerie Perrine just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost High School Footballer Pull Off An Incredibly Inspirational Interview.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost How To Stick With Youth Ministry For The Long Haul.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Children’s Book Shares Transgender Story With Kids Ages 4-8.
- solomon david published the blogpost Effective Steps to Setup WordPress Multisite With An Ease.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost Overcoming Our Identity Crisis: A Guest Post By Michael Perkins.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Cheerleaders Defy School’s Ban, Lead Crowd in Lord’s Prayer.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost ‘Slenderman’ Costumes Sold in County Where Girl Was Brutally Stabbed.
- solomon david published the blogpost Mobile Web or Mobile Application – Which One You Need Most For Your Online Store?.
- Greg Atkinson published the blogpost Big Announcement: I’m Joining the Staff of Transformation Church.
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when you can read the first chapter of tables in the wilderness for free.
- George Mark just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Judy Douglass published the blogpost Dare Mighty Things: Your Life Matters Guest Post by Halee Gray Scott.
- Lindsey Bell published the blogpost Become a Better Mom – Week 4 Challenge: Go Hands Free.
- Natasha Crain published the blogpost 4 Easy Ways Parents Can Use the Internet to Grow Giving Hearts.
- GerDonna Ellis just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Kallie Ybarra published the blogpost Cheap Huggies at Rite Aid and Money-Maker Colgate at Target.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Gameplay Broadcasting May Be the New Big Thing in Streaming Entertainment.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Standing On The Never Changing Truths Found In The Word Of God by Debbie Harris.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost All That Really Matters Is Christ’s Approval by Debbie Harris.
- Greg Flagg published the blogpost Prayer for the Fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost (Ordinary Time).
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Michael Yankoski | Is Faith Just An Idea?.