How to Add Protein to Your Breakfast
Protein for breakfast is extremely important, especially if you are on a weight loss diet. Breakfast is breaking your fast. It sets the stage for the entire day. Most people need good quality protein at every meal.
Go ahead and eat the whole egg. Egg yolks are not the villian that some people in the past have portrayed them to be. Space does not permit a full discussion on this one point.
Okay, so eating eggs can get boring. Let’s change it up every day between how we make our eggs and the other foods on this list.
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Fried eggs or fried eggs with melted cheese on top
- Scrambled eggs or omelet
- Scrambled eggs or omelet with cheese
- Scrambled eggs or omelet with cottage cheese
- Scrambled eggs or omelet with sauteed vegetables, such as onions, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, or spinach.
- Traditional breakfast meats such as bacon, sausage, or ham. Please stop worrying so much about this type of fat. The fat to really worry about is ***trans fat (see info below). To the contrary, eating fat will satiate your hunger—that is, it will take much longer for you to feel hungry—perfect for weight loss help.
- Steak—broil or pan fry—it really doesn’t take that long to cook.
- Fish, Chicken, Lamb—really any meat at all—any way you like it. A good way to look at it is this—eat your “dinner” for breakfast.
- “Dinner” leftovers.
- Cook “dinner” in the crockpot overnight. The sky’s the limit on the variety of possibilities here. For example, pork roast, beef stew, beef ribs, beef roast, chicken stew, chicken roast, fish, lamb, etc.
Protein, Milk or Yogurt Smoothies
- Get a good quality protein powder, such as whey, and follow the directions on the package.
- Add fresh or frozen fruit and/or fruit juice to milk or yogurt to make a healthy delicious smoothie.
Nix the Carbs (for best weight loss help and arguably for better overall health as well)
- Skip the cereal, hot or cold.
- Skip the toast, bagels, and English muffins.
- Skip the muffins.
- Skip the pancakes and waffles.
- Skip the hashbrown potatoes.
Hopefully this was a good start for you in getting some variety as well as protein into your morning meal. Share your own protein breakfast ideas in the comment section below.
***Trans fats are the fats that raise your LDL cholesterol level and lower your HDL cholesterol level which is the exact combination that increases your risk of heart disease.
Trans fats are made by adding hydrogen to vegetable oil in a process called hydrogenation. They are found in commercially baked goods, doughnuts, French fries, shortening, and margarine.
To help avoid trans fats check the labels for “partially hydrogenated vegetable oil” and for shortening.
CC Photo by tiny banquet committee on Flickr
- Lindsey Bell published the blogpost Miscarriages, Parenting, and How to Find Hope Through It All.
- Barry Sudduth just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Winners Announced from Rachel Hauck’s ‘Princess Ever After’ Author Chat Party.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Winners Announced from Rachel Hauck’s ‘Princess Ever After’ Author Chat Party.
- Juli Fischer just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Barbara Cameron talks about her latest release, A Road Unknown.
- Aaron Smith published the blogpost Your Love Never Fails (Anthony Skinner and Chris McClarney).
- Megan Westra published the blogpost Fluffy, Delicious, Protein Pancakes (gluten, dairy and refined sugar free).
- Blake AtwoodTalking to IBC!
- Kelley Mathews published the article Adoption: Giving A Family, Not Just Getting A Child.
- Blake Atwood published the video Keeping Your Identity and Faith in Christ | Barry Corey.
- Blake Atwood published the video Transformed: Transforming How I See & Use Money | Rick Warren.
- Jewish Voice published the blogpost Woliso Medical Mission: Serving Up Healing and Hope.
- Ryan Gregg published the video 'It's Your Life (Acoustic)' | Francesca Battistelli.
- Liz Edwards just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Blake Atwood uploaded a photo
- Kari Baumann published the blogpost what I have been reading (spring please come soon edition)..
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Get 5 or More Copies of What’s Best Next for 50% Off at WTS Books.
- Christine O'Shields created a new gallery
- chris FabrinHope Everyone Had A Great Ash Wednesday Have A Blessed Day..
- Christine O'Shields just moved in. Take time to say hey.