How to Add Protein to Your Breakfast
Protein for breakfast is extremely important, especially if you are on a weight loss diet. Breakfast is breaking your fast. It sets the stage for the entire day. Most people need good quality protein at every meal.
Go ahead and eat the whole egg. Egg yolks are not the villian that some people in the past have portrayed them to be. Space does not permit a full discussion on this one point.
Okay, so eating eggs can get boring. Let’s change it up every day between how we make our eggs and the other foods on this list.
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Fried eggs or fried eggs with melted cheese on top
- Scrambled eggs or omelet
- Scrambled eggs or omelet with cheese
- Scrambled eggs or omelet with cottage cheese
- Scrambled eggs or omelet with sauteed vegetables, such as onions, green peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, or spinach.
- Traditional breakfast meats such as bacon, sausage, or ham. Please stop worrying so much about this type of fat. The fat to really worry about is ***trans fat (see info below). To the contrary, eating fat will satiate your hunger—that is, it will take much longer for you to feel hungry—perfect for weight loss help.
- Steak—broil or pan fry—it really doesn’t take that long to cook.
- Fish, Chicken, Lamb—really any meat at all—any way you like it. A good way to look at it is this—eat your “dinner” for breakfast.
- “Dinner” leftovers.
- Cook “dinner” in the crockpot overnight. The sky’s the limit on the variety of possibilities here. For example, pork roast, beef stew, beef ribs, beef roast, chicken stew, chicken roast, fish, lamb, etc.
Protein, Milk or Yogurt Smoothies
- Get a good quality protein powder, such as whey, and follow the directions on the package.
- Add fresh or frozen fruit and/or fruit juice to milk or yogurt to make a healthy delicious smoothie.
Nix the Carbs (for best weight loss help and arguably for better overall health as well)
- Skip the cereal, hot or cold.
- Skip the toast, bagels, and English muffins.
- Skip the muffins.
- Skip the pancakes and waffles.
- Skip the hashbrown potatoes.
Hopefully this was a good start for you in getting some variety as well as protein into your morning meal. Share your own protein breakfast ideas in the comment section below.
***Trans fats are the fats that raise your LDL cholesterol level and lower your HDL cholesterol level which is the exact combination that increases your risk of heart disease.
Trans fats are made by adding hydrogen to vegetable oil in a process called hydrogenation. They are found in commercially baked goods, doughnuts, French fries, shortening, and margarine.
To help avoid trans fats check the labels for “partially hydrogenated vegetable oil” and for shortening.
CC Photo by tiny banquet committee on Flickr
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost No. 10 Baylor football opens 2014 with highest preseason ranking since 1957.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost What critics are saying about Amy Grants remix project.
- Heather Riggleman published the blogpost Quinoa & Black Beans with Butternut Squash – A perfect fall recipe.
- Bronwyn Lea published the blogpost When you say I can’t wear a bikini, this is what you’re also saying… .
- Kelley Mathews published the article Great Programs + Zero Personal Contact = Swing and a Miss!.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Millennials: Bringing Back Entrepreneurship in America.
- Kelley Mathews published the article 'Ordinary Miracles: Awakening to the Holy Work of Parenting' [Review].
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost High School and Middle School, Oh My! – Back To School 2014.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost The scoop on salt: You’re probably eating too much.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Why Peer-To-Peer Selling Is Taking Off And What Companies Can Learn From It.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost New Toyota Minivan Will Make It Easier For Drivers To Yell At Their Kids.
- Nils Smith published the blogpost Vemory automagically finds and recreates your best memories.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost What You Should Know About Gen Z And Branded Video.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Consumerism: Ways Brands Can Harness The Wonderful Power Of Teens.
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost Christian Reflections on Lust, Modesty, and Beauty (Part 7): Lust and Responsibility.
- solomon david published the blogpost Magento Fashion Template Development Services From Leading Company India.
- Steve Perky published the blogpost How Will Google’s “Classroom” Change Discipleship? [Video].
- Steve Perky published the blogpost Church’s Website – Content to Connection [Snippet].
- Steve Perky published the blogpost Our modern idea of generations is overrated [Quote].
- Steve Perky published the blogpost Simple Church: Returning to God’s Process for Making Disciples [Book].
- Steve Perky published the blogpost Create Crossword Puzzles to Disciple Children [Video].
- Steve Perky published the blogpost The New .CHURCH Domain Name: Why It Matters To Your Church.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Jars of Clay celebrates career milestone with ’20′.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost Quote by Brad Gray on God’s desires for our failures. [Quote].
- andrea castrillon just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- solomon david published the blogpost How to Choose Best Mobile OS for First Gaming Apps.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost Have You Ever Cut Your Nose Off To Spite Your Face?.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 17 Practices Of Highly Successful Leaders: Little League head coach Dave Belisle.
- John Peterson published the blogpost You Don’t Have to Be Retired to Rest and Enjoy Life.
- Kelley Mathews published the article 14 Ways for Christian Parents to Teach Kids about Atheism.
- George Bullard published the blogpost Can Missional Congregations Outrun Their Supply Lines?.
- Kelley Mathews published the article When Your House is Dirty and Your Kids are Screaming, Why Care About Ferguson?.