Take Time to Express Thanks
It’s November which means Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I don’t know about you, but I have touches of Fall throughout my home – a wreath on the front door, swags of Fall leaves hanging around my house, pumpkins, gourds, and, yes, even a Thanks-giving Tree.
A what, you ask?
A friend told me about this idea, and I thought it was so fabulous that I encouraged the Girlfriends of Mountain Lake to make some, too.
Let me explain.
This is the season of the year when we are supposed to be thankful, right? But, if you are like me, you probably get so caught up in the hub-bub of the holiday (menu planning, travel plans, getting the house ready for guests) that thankfulness is well, an after-thought.
Not this year. Not for the Girlfriends of MLC. We made uber cute, but oh-so simple Thanks-giving trees. Here’s an example (see photo).
Cute, right? And cheap! A mason jar, some raffia, and a branch out of your yard. Then, the fun begins ... hanging tags all over the tree with the names of people you are thankful for.
Last Thursday night at our Girlfriends event, ladies took time to brainstorm who they are thankful for. Their trees were full of nametags. Then, they went a step further. They wrote letters to those people to lavish them with love and encouragement.
That extra step is extremely important. People ought to know they matter. We ought to tell them.
This Thanks-giving month, why not help someone know they matter. Brainstorm who you are thankful for, and then let them know!
Photo cc by woodleywonderworks on Flickr.
- Megan Westra published the blogpost #Justice: A Peek into Urban Violence w/ Megan Westra.
- Kelley Mathews published the article Positive Leadership Principles for Women | Karol Ladd [Excerpt].
- Jonalyn Fincher published the blogpost Emerald City: Atheist and Christian talk about Gay Marriage.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Relationship Between Processing Workflow and How My Creative Process Works.
- Bo Bartlett uploaded a photo
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost The 500 Hats of a Modern-Day Woman By Joyce K. Ellis | Kindle Fire Giveaway and Blog Tour.
- Jon StallingsLent: A Time of Radical Discipleship @missioalliance http://buff.ly/1esgC8i #faith #lent
- Kelley Mathews uploaded a photo
- Kelley Mathews uploaded a photo
- Lauren Sturdy published the article Ways to Raise Money for Your Mission Trip (Part One).
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teachers Union Battles Proposed Ban On Flip-Flops, Jeans And Facial Piercings.
- Blake Atwood published the audio Facing Giants In Life and Work | Rick Warren and Malcolm Gladwell.
- Haylee Davis just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Kelley Mathews > Momzie ConversationsHi Moms! I have an offer... Do you and your kids watch VeggieTales? Do you enjoy writing? If you can answer yes to both, please consider writing a review of the brand-new episode —not even on store shelves yet — called "Veggies in Space: The Fennel Frontier." We would need a 600 word review of the show that includes both a summary of the plot and your (and/or your kids) thoughts on it. What makes it work? Why is it funny for kids and/or parents? Does it keep the winning Veggie tradition going? That sort of thing. Message me if you are interested and please include your mailing address. If I get more than one request, I'll draw names. Go!
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Taunted By Bullies Are More Likely To Consider, Attempt Suicide.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Safe Healthcare is as Simple as These Quick Questions.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Assess How Well You and Your Spouse Make Decisions as Friends.
- Brad Andres published the blogpost Jesus as the Son of God and Disciples as Real People (Movie Review).
- Mike Kim published the blogpost #03: Three Crucial Things to Consider When Creating A Business Logo [Podcast].
- George BullardMarch 12th: Transform Congregations By Increasing Your Dependence on God #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/03/march-12th-transform-congregations-by-increasing-your-dependence-on-god-365ssiftc.html
- Eric Speir published the blogpost Steps Are For People And Leaps Are For Frogs (Here’s why!).
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Featured Friend: Annetta Bosakova & FREE Printable!.
- Diane Paddison published the blogpost Bridging the Generation Gap:: Embracing Mentorship.
- Judy Douglass published the blogpost Done Is Better Than Perfect–Guest Post by Ken Cochrum.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost How the Gospel Makes Us Productive: My Interview on Faith Radio.
- Anita Palmer just moved in. Take time to say hey.