Waiting in Wonder [Excerpt]
Whether you’re a first-time mom or a seasoned veteran of motherhood, God graciously gives each mother nine months. Nine months to prepare for a sacred journey — a journey you will be taking with this particular child, to nurture, to disciple, and to teach about Jesus.
Nine months isn’t very long to prepare for such a journey. But God knows you will never truly be ready for the rigorous demands of motherhood. If you were, you would have no need to lean on Him in dependence, no need to keep your own eyes on Jesus, your Guide. Though you will never be completely ready for motherhood, God longs to help you — He longs for you to make the most of this waiting time by drawing nearer to Him. …
The God who made you and the One who is forming this child within you longs to walk with you during this sacred season of waiting. He wants to share in what you’re feeling. He wants to open up truths from His Word that will comfort you and challenge you to become even more of the woman — and the mother — He designed you to be. And He wants to awaken you to the wonder of this miraculous creation He is even now forming within you.
It’s my sincere hope that through this journal your pregnancy can be a time of adopting certain practices that will shape your life and the life of your child forever: meditating on Scripture as a means to personal metamorphosis, foregoing anxiety in favor of prayer, and journaling as a tool for remembering God’s faithfulness. I pray that as these devotions lead you to linger over the details of God’s amazing handiwork in creation, you will also find your sense of wonder renewed and, with it, your heart revived to praise.
To that end, in the pages of this beautiful devotional journal, Waiting in Wonder, you will find daily readings and Scripture passages brought together just for you and for this special season of your life. You will also find helpful prompts that lead you to record your emotions, significant milestones, prayers, and love notes to your baby. What a precious gift to be able to give to your son or daughter one day — the gift of knowing you and the love you had for him or her even before you nuzzled his or her life in your arms.
Week 8 Excerpt: "Infinite Wisdom"
And that’s my heart — right there — for you or some mom you know who will receive this book as a gift. Let me also give you a glimpse today into a sample entry. This one comes from Week 8, and talks about the rapid growth of baby’s brain. That’s the lead-in to a meditation on the Infinite Wisdom of God who created not only this marvelous being, but everything else that we see and know.
Download Infinite WisdomBuy Now
- Dwayne Robinson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost The Sacred Year by Michael Yankoski | Blog Tour and Free Book Offer.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost The Sacred Year by Michael Yankoski | Blog Tour and Free Book Offer.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost The old maid and her old lady hoarder hobby - with product reviews.
- Roxie Keenan just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Elisabeth Gifford shares the Gaelic myth of selkies and mermaids.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 18 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Left Behind: The Movie.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost All God’s People Are Filled With The Beauty Of Our Triune God by Debbie Harris.
- Lara Krupicka published the blogpost Make a Wish: Setting One-Year Bucket List Intentions.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Parents’ Primer on Internet Pornography – UPDATED!.
- Ron Edmondson published the blogpost A Personal Opinion About Investing in the Community.
- solomon david published the blogpost Perception System and Rchilli Becomes Business Partner.
- Bronwyn Lea published the blogpost 48 Tips from the World’s Worst Potty Trainer (A Cautionary Tale).
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of September 15th.
- Antwuan Malone published the blogpost Child Abuse, Domestic Violence, Homosexual Rights and Other Signs of Our Times.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Thousand Foot Krutch announces fall headline “Born This Way Tour”.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Shelly Johnson to drop new album, ‘Your Kingdom Come’ Sept. 23.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: CNN Anchors in Way Over Their Heads.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost (Birthday Edition) SOTW: ‘Steady Heart’ by Steffany Gretzinger.
- Brad Russell published the article 3 Reasons Why Financial Giving Culture Has Changed.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Does New ‘Fight Church’ Documentary Hit Below the Belt?.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Busyness and Productivity Set on Sale at WTS Books – Today Only.
- Brad Russell published the article Differentiating Mourning from Wallowing in Depression-Anxiety.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor study brings national attention to potential for cell phone addiction.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Is your child safety seat installed correctly? [video].
- Matt Reed just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW: Leaving Liberty by Virginia Carmichael.
- Mark McIntyre published the blogpost Leaders – How well are you getting people grounded in the faith?.
- Dorothy Greco published the blogpost Friday Soul Food: Jen Michel’s Teach Us to Want and the Conversion of Our Desires.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 85% Of Millennials In The US (18-24) Own Smartphones.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Attack, Hospitalize Innocent Man For Doing Good.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Getting High A Little Less Often; No One Knows Why.
- Deb Wolf published the blogpost Quit People Pleasing – Balance Around the Blogosphere & Linkup.