Video Conferencing: Move over Skype and Google Hangouts
Time is one of the most valuable resources that we have as pastors.
One way to quickly cut down on wasted time in your schedule is to move your meetings online instead of in person. I concede that sometimes face-to-face meetings are the best option. However, I often find myself driving for 30 minutes to a meeting that could’ve been done online (thereby wasting my time, my gas and my money on that $5 coffee).
The major problem people encounter with online meetings is that it’s hard to set-up. Not so hard you can’t figure it out, but hard enough that it deters you from even trying.
Google Hangouts and Skype seem to be the choice option for most. They are good options but not the best options. For both of those options all participants need to sign-up, create an account and download software before you can get going. Skype is also limited to video-calling on the free account to only 1 person.
There is a new option called “Meetings.io” that, in my opinion, blows the other options out of the water. Here’s why:
- No sign-up required
- No software to install
- Start up a video-meeting in under 30 seconds
- Better user interface (meaning, it looks awesome and is ridiculously easy to use)
- Uses a hyperlink to invite people to the meeting (easy delivery system)
Meetings.io allows you to take notes right within the app, live chat with other participants and screen and file sharing is coming soon.
Check out Meetings.io today just to see how easy it is!
Question: Do you use hold online meetings? If so, what program do you use and why?
Ken McIntyre runs kenmcintyre.org, a website designed to help church leaders leverage technology for ministry. He loves to see students dream and live big!
- Linda Kardamis published the blogpost Why Always Putting Others First is A Horrible Idea.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost Next Up Podcast: How to Keep From Burning Out Way Too Soon (Episode 9).
- solomon david published the blogpost How to Convert WordPress HTTP Website to HTTPS/SSL?.
- solomon david published the blogpost The Best of the Week Android, iPhone, iPad, and Windows Phone Apps for Users.
- Lindsey Bell published the blogpost Become a Better Mom – Week 3 Challenge: Read to Your Kids Daily.
- Lee Sah Lim published the blogpost Penang I : When Parents And In-Laws Also Travelled With Us.
- Brooke Barrett just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- James Calkins published the blogpost Brief Update - Exciting But Short, Like a Shotgun Wedding, But Not Really.
- Janelle Weibelzahl published the blogpost So This Is Canada: 12 Unguarded Observations of a Returning Canadian.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Daddy and Daughter Dance to "Shake it Off".
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Alcohol Causes More Problems Than Marijuana for High School Students.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Who Smoke Marijuana Daily Face Increased Risks.
- Greg Flagg published the blogpost Prayer for the Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost (Ordinary Time).
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Christy Fitzwater | Maybe You’ve Forgotten Where to Find Peace.
- Mike Arden just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Leon Bloder published the blogpost Small Things Big Difference: Week Two - "Fix Your Thoughts".
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of September 8th.
- Cathy Bryant published the blogpost Book Review: Lessons in Faith–Learned the Hard Way.
- Alli Bonner just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost John Mark McMillan to release The Borderland Sessions Sept. 30.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Parents To Blame For Brutal Teen Mob Parking Lot Attack?.