Video Conferencing: Move over Skype and Google Hangouts
Time is one of the most valuable resources that we have as pastors.
One way to quickly cut down on wasted time in your schedule is to move your meetings online instead of in person. I concede that sometimes face-to-face meetings are the best option. However, I often find myself driving for 30 minutes to a meeting that could’ve been done online (thereby wasting my time, my gas and my money on that $5 coffee).
The major problem people encounter with online meetings is that it’s hard to set-up. Not so hard you can’t figure it out, but hard enough that it deters you from even trying.
Google Hangouts and Skype seem to be the choice option for most. They are good options but not the best options. For both of those options all participants need to sign-up, create an account and download software before you can get going. Skype is also limited to video-calling on the free account to only 1 person.
There is a new option called “Meetings.io” that, in my opinion, blows the other options out of the water. Here’s why:
- No sign-up required
- No software to install
- Start up a video-meeting in under 30 seconds
- Better user interface (meaning, it looks awesome and is ridiculously easy to use)
- Uses a hyperlink to invite people to the meeting (easy delivery system)
Meetings.io allows you to take notes right within the app, live chat with other participants and screen and file sharing is coming soon.
Check out Meetings.io today just to see how easy it is!
Question: Do you use hold online meetings? If so, what program do you use and why?
Ken McIntyre runs kenmcintyre.org, a website designed to help church leaders leverage technology for ministry. He loves to see students dream and live big!
- George Krickl published the blogpost The Plow: Moving from Biblical Examples to Our Ministry Manifesto.
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost Get Clean With Cottonelle And Save With A High Value Coupon.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Jet City's 'Wise Guys' - Squeaky Clean Show with F-Bombs.
- FaithVillage Administrator published the blogpost Emote Control - Part 8 - Depression - Emote Control.
- FaithVillage Administrator published the blogpost Emote Control - Part 9 - Cultivating Godly Emotions(1) - Emote Control.
- FaithVillage Administrator published the blogpost Emote Control - Part 10 - Cultivating Godly Emotions(2) - Emote Control.
- Brad Russell published the audio Social Media Mastery with Nils Smith | Pro Church Podcast.
- Brad Russell published the video No Man Is An Island | Tenth Avenue North [Music Video].
- Brad Russell published the video Promoting Charities on Social Media | Reggie Escalante.
- Brad Russell published the video The Difference Between 'Studying' and 'Reading' the Bible | Eugene Peterson.
- Brian Niece published the blogpost Street Theology Vol. 1 :: Lecrae “My Whole Life Changed”.
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost The Essential Art of Saying "No" and How You Can Get Better At It.
- Kelley Mathews published the article How to Make Your Wedding Day the Best Day of Your Life.
- Mike Kim published the blogpost Free Webinar: How To Write An Effective Support Letter.
- Brad Russell published the article 'The Good of Politics' | James W. Skillen [Book Review].
- Brad Russell published the article 4 Questions to Ask When Creating A Church Social Media Position.
- Juan Galloway just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Kelley Mathews published the video Engaging with LGBT Persons | Dallas Theological Seminary.
- Kelley Mathews published the video Ministering to People Wrestling with Sexual Identity | Darrell Bock.
- John BeckThere are Christians and
there are “Born Again” Christians
Which one ARE YOU? - See more at: http://www.faithvillage.com/member/7v9I6eh0P77DKemwWCrxt4/newsfeed#sthash.DadySJXK.dpuf
- Kelley Mathews published the article "The Power of One-on-One" by Jim Stump [Book Review].
- Kelley Mathews published the audio Stones of Remembrance | The Journey with Ron Moore.
- George BullardFeatured TCP Book For July 24th: Staying Alive: Why the Conventional Wisdom about Traditional Churches Is Wrong http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/1603500251
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Bears sweep Big 12 Athlete of the Year honors for 2nd time in 3 years.
- Jefferson Castro published the blogpost Cristãos no Iraque tem casas marcadas por terroristas.