Problem Solvers Need Not Apply
I bet 9 out of every 10 resumes have “problem solver” listed on them.
Employers love problem solvers, and employees make good livings off of being good problem solvers. The more complex problems you can solve, the greater asset you become. Because of that, one of the most marketable skills to have is that of a problem solver.
However, this presents a problem when it comes to our faith in God. God isn’t necessarily looking for problem solvers to fill His Kingdom. He’s looking for a certain type of follower and “problem solver” isn’t the greatest skill He’s concerned with. God is looking for faithful, available, and teachable men and women who humbly admit they can’t solve all the problems.
Try telling a group of professionally bred problem solvers that the most important thing in their lives is something they’ll never be able to solve.
Their brains will explode while they spend their lives exhausted and worn out trying to solve only what God can solve.
We must be careful not to present Christianity as a club of problem solvers who use Jesus as a tool right along side of pie charts, spreadsheets, and matrix diagrams. Rather, we must present a vision of life with God that is far greater and fulfilling than anything we can do for God. He doesn’t need us, He surely doesn’t. But He wants us!
It’s one thing to work for God, it’s another thing entirely to work with God.
We are invited to be active participants in the Kingdom of God (which includes solving problems). We can either be a participant with God or try to solve it all instead of God. With, or instead of . . . I choose with.
Are you a problem solver?
- Linda Kardamis published the blogpost Should You Keep Teaching After You Start a Family?.
- Felicia Crawford just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Sheridan Voysey published the blogpost Don’t Just Apologise, Make Amends (My BBC Radio 2 Spot).
- Adam Smith published the blogpost [Studies] How to Handle Cursing In The Workplace – Julia Winston.
- C Drury just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Amber Soares created a new gallery
- Amber Soares just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 10 Characteristics Of Effective Church Communications.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost 'An Evening of One Acts': Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: an explanation from the crazy crying lady at the park.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: when the hands and feet of God stink and hurt, respectively.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: "christian" - better as a noun, not an adjective.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Christian band All Things New drops new EP ‘Attic Sessions’.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost Write Tribe Blog Carnival - What if You Were Not Afraid?.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May We Always Speak Words Of Life And Healing by Debbie Harris.
- lucy santoshey.. I am lucy...
- Jonalyn Fincher published the blogpost The Spiritual Practice of Friendship (not just Chemistry).
- lucy santos just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost Make Every Day A Celebration With Spellbinders Celebra’tions Collection + A Giveaway.
- Kelley Mathews published the article "Egalitarian" and "Complementarian": What's the Main Difference?.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost What killed the dinosaurs? Baylor geology researcher part of new study.
- John Bucher published the blogpost My Theories About Who Killed Gladys on HBO’s site Watchingtheleftovers.com.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost Next Up Podcast: 3 Ways to Live & Lead in The Moment (Episode 6).
- George BullardFeatured TCP Book for July 30th: A Divine Assignment: The Missiology of Wendell Clay Somerville http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/1603500073
- George BullardFREE TCP eBook July 30th Only! Seeing Jesus in the City http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/B00AVJKOSS
- George BullardJuly 30th: Transform Congregations By Death and Resurrection #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/07/july-30th-transform-congregations-by-death-and-resurrection-365ssiftc.html
- Amy Young published the blogpost Pay it forward (part two — You must meet these people!).
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost ‘There would be no point in faith if it wasn’t tested’ – Jennifer Hudson.
- Brad Andres published the blogpost Would Your Christianity Survive in Other Parts of the World?.