Problem Solvers Need Not Apply
I bet 9 out of every 10 resumes have “problem solver” listed on them.
Employers love problem solvers, and employees make good livings off of being good problem solvers. The more complex problems you can solve, the greater asset you become. Because of that, one of the most marketable skills to have is that of a problem solver.
However, this presents a problem when it comes to our faith in God. God isn’t necessarily looking for problem solvers to fill His Kingdom. He’s looking for a certain type of follower and “problem solver” isn’t the greatest skill He’s concerned with. God is looking for faithful, available, and teachable men and women who humbly admit they can’t solve all the problems.
Try telling a group of professionally bred problem solvers that the most important thing in their lives is something they’ll never be able to solve.
Their brains will explode while they spend their lives exhausted and worn out trying to solve only what God can solve.
We must be careful not to present Christianity as a club of problem solvers who use Jesus as a tool right along side of pie charts, spreadsheets, and matrix diagrams. Rather, we must present a vision of life with God that is far greater and fulfilling than anything we can do for God. He doesn’t need us, He surely doesn’t. But He wants us!
It’s one thing to work for God, it’s another thing entirely to work with God.
We are invited to be active participants in the Kingdom of God (which includes solving problems). We can either be a participant with God or try to solve it all instead of God. With, or instead of . . . I choose with.
Are you a problem solver?
- Jim McNeely published the blogpost The Cross of Christ Declares the Power of Obedience.
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost Wednesday Word: The Third Day – 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.
- Kelley Mathews published the article Miscarriage Loss Requires a Special Kind of Friend.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Car Crashes Are The No. 1 Killer Of Teens In America.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost McLane Stadium groom’s cake highlights this Baylor Proud wedding.
- John Rutledge published the article Hobby Lobby’s Steve Green Launches Public School Bible Curriculum.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Winner Announced from What’s the Big Picture? | Week 23.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Winner Announced from What’s the Big Picture? | Week 23.
- Bronwyn Lea published the blogpost An Act of Worship – Vivian’s Story & a Book Giveaway.
- Marc Mullins published the blogpost A Case of The Mondays: Highlights From The Rest of The Web.
- Marc Mullins published the blogpost A Plea to Pastors: Brothers, We Are Not Professionals But Neither Are They.
- Marc Mullins published the blogpost Work, economics initiative at Southern Seminary receives grant.
- Blake Atwood published the video Jesus Makes Headlines: How Jesus Enters Your Life | Steve Adams.
- Blake Atwood published the video The Counselor: Do You Want to Get Well? | Craig Groeschel.
- Blake Atwood shared Is Your Bible Study Group-Centered or Christ-Centered?: Here's a short checklist from Peter Krol to help ascertain if your small group may have lost its primary focus. Has your group ever experienced something like this?
- Min. Kamal SharifI haven't been here in a while, but I'll be spending a lot more time here in the future. Too much evil on other social networks. I need to spend more time with the people of God.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 13 Things “Big Church” Must Learn from Youth Ministry.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Casual Pot Use Causes Brain Abnormalities In The Young.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Florida Police Save 14-Year-Old Girl From Sex Trafficking.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Kinnear and Reilly Bring Realism to 'Heaven' Movie.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost How to Recognize Signs of Alzheimer’s in Loved Ones.
- solomon david published the blogpost Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update To Fix Nexus 5 Battery Issue, Rolls Out in Mid-April.
- John Mark Miller published the blogpost N: Neverland is a Nightmare – The Beauty of Growing Up.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Paul Walker’s Brothers Help Finish ‘Fast & Furious 7′ Action Scenes.
- Brian Jones published the blogpost Why You And Jesus Need Marriage Counseling (or a personal appeal for fresh analogies).
- solomon david published the blogpost New Gameplay Teaser Announces Age of Empires for Windows Phone.
- Serena Rice published the blogpost The Smell of Isolation: Day 16 of the April Poetry Challenge.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Integrity Music set to release Action Bible Remixed.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Fellowship Creative releasing debut album ‘Running To Follow’ May 13.
- solomon david published the blogpost 8 Best Android Tablet Applications For Spring 2014.