The One Thing Every Small Group Leader Must Do Daily
I’m a huge fan of a book that came out a few years ago, Small Groups, Big Impact, by Jim Egli and Dwight Marable. For the first time, a couple of small group gurus did unbiased research concerning small groups. After surveying over 3,000 small group leaders in 21 countries, they unveiled the most extensive and important understandings of anyone I’m aware of.
One thing caught my attention more than any other: Prayer is the key to evangelism really occurring and spiritual growth truly being experienced by group members.Today, I’m going to step out of the way and let some statements from this amazing book speak for themselves.
“The practice that impacts the health and growth of a small group the most is the prayer life of the leader.”
“When group leaders have a growing prayer life, more people are drawn to their group and into life-changing relationship with Christ.”
“Our research reveals that leaders with a strong prayer life have groups that are more than four times more fruitful evangelistically.”
“Of leaders with a strong prayer life, 83% reported that their group had seen someone come to Christ in the past 9 months, but only 19% of the leaders with a weak prayer life could say the same.”
“ ... the amount of time spent preparing the Bible lesson shows no correlation whatsoever to small group growth. In other words, the leaders who spend five hours preparing the Bible lesson for their groups have groups that grow no faster than the leaders who spend five minutes preparing the lesson!”
When speaking of two of the small group leaders that Jim and Dwight interviewed they simply stated in this way in Small Groups, Big Impact, “ ... the most effective way to strengthen their group – including themselves – is through prayer.”
Image • NavPress.com
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Journey To The High Places: On The Shores of Loneliness (Week 7).
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Labor Day, Your Marriage, and Your Family – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Judy Douglass published the blogpost How We Got Here: Live Alive Guest Post by Jordan Stroman.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 14 Practices Of Senior Pastors Who Grow Great Churches.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Are Getting Pickier About The Brands They Display On Their Clothes.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost Two Prayers That Will Inspire And Provoke The Soul.
- Martin KnoxGood bye, Faith Village. Thank you, Brad Russell, for what you have contributed to the work of the Kingdom.
- Greg Flagg published the blogpost Prayer for the Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost (Ordinary Time).
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Florida City Makes It Illegal to Wear Your Pants Too Low.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost MTV Bloodstained Hypocrisy of Hollywood’s Violence Profiteers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Marine Just Issued An Epic Challenge To The Black Community And The Ferguson Rioters.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Who Skimp On Sleep May Face Later Obesity Risk.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Study: Parental Incarceration May Be Worse Than Divorce.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Video Helps Gay Teen Disowned By Christian Parents Raise $90,000.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments | Do You Pick a Church Like You Pick A Restaurant?.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments | Do You Pick a Church Like You Pick A Restaurant?.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Don't you know you aren't supposed to drink the water in Mexico?.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost There's trouble in Paradise... and I've lost interest.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Expectant Parents by Suzanne Hadley Gosselin | Giveaway, Blog Tour, & Publicity.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Expectant Parents by Suzanne Hadley Gosselin | Giveaway, Blog Tour, & Publicity.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Baylor Scott & White hospitals planning to align with Cleveland Clinic.
- James Vest just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jennifer Cote published the blogpost Carmalizing Sugar (for Walnuts, Caramel Sauce, Etc.).
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Baylor Scott & White hospitals partner with Cleveland Clinic.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost What Your Church Can Do To Fight Modern-Day Slavery.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of August 25th.
- Anthony PorcoSorry to hear that FaithVillage is going away; I enjoyed this site, and I enjoyed meeting all of you. Please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks, and God bless all of you.
- solomon david published the blogpost WordPress Blog Development Service to Expand Your Business in Professional Way.