On The Couch with Sean Carter
Sean Carter is making some of the best independent Christian music around and I bet you've never heard him. I hadn't either until I was passed on a copy of his new record The Telling. Carter is a worship leader at Chase Oaks Church in Plano, TX and an artist who writes honest and gritty praise songs while never forsaking the art in his music.
I was blown away when I first heard The Telling and found that Sean is an independent artist and that he had written/recorded/produced much of the album himself.
Check out our video interviews and hear what Sean has to say about the tension between leading worship and creating art. Also, take a look at two acoustic performances by Sean. You can find out more about him at www.scartermusic.com as well as stream his album The Telling in its entirety exclusively here in FaithVillage.
The Telling | Sean Carter - acoustic performance for FaithVillage
I Will Sing | Sean Carter - acoustic performance for FaithVillage
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Journey To The High Places: Great Precipice Injury (Week 9).
- Adam Smith published the blogpost #036: Why Is It So Difficult To Be Honest With Ourselves?.
- tiffany schaper just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost Why I Failed At Being A Small Groups Pastor (And I’m OK With That).
- solomon david published the blogpost Samsung Introduces Galaxy Note 4 Along With Galaxy Note Edge & Gear VR.
- Michael Lee just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jarrod Flaming just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Mobley published the blogpost The Five, New Believers, and 1 Peter 1:13-16 This Week.
- JackIe Little just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Filled by the Exquisite Spirit Of Our Triune God by Debbie Harris.
- Wendy Terry just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, and Sarah Sundin.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, and Sarah Sundin.
- Claire Florine published the blogpost “I Feel You Girl”: Sexual Assault in Chicago, and Diana the Hunter of Bus Drivers.
- John Rutledge published the article Evangelical Group Wants Election-Year Conversation About Marriage Equality.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor profs honored for excellence in teaching and mentoring.
- Julie Pierce published the blogpost 4 Ways to Say No to Multitasking and Yes to Productivity.
- Brad Russell published the article 4 Ways to Say 'No' to Multitasking and 'Yes' to Productivity.
- Lori Minutoli published the blogpost The Defining Moment Between Attraction and Sexual Sin for the Christian.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost “Guide For Parents During The First 6 Weeks Of College”.
- Laurie Geisz published the blogpost “Good Morning, God” ~ When Your Baby’s Having Surgery.
- FaithVillage Administrator published the blogpost Guest Blog: Welcome to the Passive Aggressive Church.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost Quote by Dustin Shramek on God’s sovereignty and our suffering. [Quote].
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW: Stevenson's Treasure by Mark Wiederanders.
- Don Sartain published the blogpost Reflections on the Old Testament, Changes, and the Middle East.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teenagers Who Smoke Marijuana Daily Are Over 60% Less Likely To Complete High School.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 5 Crazy Ways Social Media Is Changing Your Brain Right Now.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Social Media Tracked Trends: Facebook Isn’t Dead Among Teens.
- solomon david published the blogpost 15 Best Practices of PHP Development for Beginners.
- Mary DeMuth published the blogpost 25 – 4 Truths that’ll Change the Way You View Evangelism.
- Lara Krupicka published the blogpost Kindle Giveaway & the new Bucket List Living For Moms book.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost How You Can Be the Hero in Your Marriage – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Linda Kardamis published the blogpost Why Always Putting Others First is A Horrible Idea.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost Next Up Podcast: How to Keep From Burning Out Way Too Soon (Episode 9).