New eBook Combines Faith, Art & Originality
In your creative life, have you ever wondered . . .
How do I find new insights, ideas, inspiration and vision for my life as an artist?
How do other artists work through their personal, professional and spiritual challenges?
Do I really have what it takes to be an artist? What do I do with the frustration, lack of focus and direction in my creative life?
Who can I turn to for encouragement with my art? God made me to create . . . I “cannot NOT” create!
Create: Transforming Stories of Art, Life, & Faith is a dynamic enhanced video ebook designed to inspire artists and art lovers in their creative journeys. Create is filled with stories, artwork and video from 21 points of view. Optimized for the iPad, Kindle & B&N Nook, it is available for download on the Art, Life & Faith blog, iBookstore, B&N, and Amazon. (For Kindle, video is viewable using Mac ios app.) Winner of Best Design Ebook Contest by Vook, Inc.
My name is Joey O’Connor and I am the Executive Director of The Grove Center for the Arts & Media, a Southern California non-profit organization that cultivates the spiritual growth and creative work of artists. For the past ten years, I’ve worked with artists from just about every creative discipline. In countless conversations, I’ve discovered two vital truths:
1. Every artist needs affirmation and direction to pursue their God-given creative calling.
2. And every artist has a story.
For years I dreamed of creating a book filled with artists stories that pursued the question, “How do artists grow in their creative work, their personal lives and in their relationship with God?” In short, how do artists cultivate art, life and faith? In meeting so many wonderful artists, I’ve seen the need for friendship, mentorship and new community among artists.
In 'Create: Transforming Stories of Art, Life & Faith', we’ve brought together 21 artists offering wisdom, insight and inspiration through their personal, professional and spiritual journeys. Twenty-one points of view for what it means to pursue art, life, and faith.
CREATE ANSWERS THESE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS . . .
What is an artist’s relationship to his or her Creator?
How important is the role of community in the life of an artist?
How does an artist respond when family, friends, and people in the Church challenge their creative calling?
How can an artist grow in their understanding of the creative process?
What is an artist’s unique relationship to the tools of their craft?
What is the role of mentoring and apprenticeship in the life of an artist?
How do artists, especially young and emerging artists, commit to the values, disciplines and pain-staking tasks of improving their craft?
How can artists who are Christians make authentic creative contributions to culture?
How can artists live with the tension that the Church and the culture don’t always know what to do with them?
Finally, how is the life and heart of an artist best cultivated for spiritual and professional growth?
Joey O'Connor is a FaithVillage member and contributor.Buy Now
Keep up the great work with FV...I'm pulling for you and your team!
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW: Lost Legacy by Annette Dashofy.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost The Hope Quotient: Measure It. Raise It. You’ll Never Be the Same [Book].
- solomon david published the blogpost Good & Bad Things That Shouldn’t Be Ignored While Hiring Developers.
- solomon david published the blogpost Best of 2014 – 10 Useful Real Estate Apps for Agents And Brokers.
- Lara Krupicka published the blogpost What do you want do? The Importance of Knowing Yourself.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost 3 Sea of Galilee Sites You’ll Pass But May Not See.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Four Things A Youth Leader Should SayTo Young People.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost What Is My Depression-Anxiety Saying? (Part 2 of 2).
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost ‘The Guest’- And You Thought Your Relatives were Bad.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Featured Friend: Shari Miller @ Living To Leave A Legacy.
- Steve Perky published the blogpost How Can The Church Keep Up With The Changing Dimensions of Information? [Video].
- Kim Cedrick Matiga just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Pre-order @MaxLucado’s BEFORE AMEN and receive a FREE book.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost The latest Quilts of Love release - Hidden in the Stars - out today!.
- Paul Phillips just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor Twitter, Instagram accounts top 30,000 followers.
- Rick GibsonNew ways for churches and pastors use online technology to engage and stay engaged with members and the virtual community? Use an online learning platform to teach and train
- RIck Gibson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Cancer journey mural: public invited to help paint.
- Brad Russell uploaded a photo
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost True Guilt vs. False Guilt (And Why The Difference May Be Wrecking Your Life).
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 3 Things That Must Sync Together Or Ministry Will #FAIL.
- Elise Hilton published the blogpost Dilemmas, heartache and Monday mornin' quarterbackin'.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Kent State Univ. Blasts Red-Stained Sweatshirt Sold By Urban Outfitters.
- Amy Young published the blogpost 9 Ways I Have Been Mentored by People Who Didn’t Know They Were Mentoring Me.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Ministry is difficult…at least no one is shooting at you.
- Lara Krupicka published the blogpost An Excerpt From Bucket List Living For Moms (& Your Chance to Win a Kindle).
- Christen Price published the blogpost Five Tips for Moms of Flower Girls and Ring Bearers.