New eBook Combines Faith, Art & Originality
In your creative life, have you ever wondered . . .
How do I find new insights, ideas, inspiration and vision for my life as an artist?
How do other artists work through their personal, professional and spiritual challenges?
Do I really have what it takes to be an artist? What do I do with the frustration, lack of focus and direction in my creative life?
Who can I turn to for encouragement with my art? God made me to create . . . I “cannot NOT” create!
Create: Transforming Stories of Art, Life, & Faith is a dynamic enhanced video ebook designed to inspire artists and art lovers in their creative journeys. Create is filled with stories, artwork and video from 21 points of view. Optimized for the iPad, Kindle & B&N Nook, it is available for download on the Art, Life & Faith blog, iBookstore, B&N, and Amazon. (For Kindle, video is viewable using Mac ios app.) Winner of Best Design Ebook Contest by Vook, Inc.
My name is Joey O’Connor and I am the Executive Director of The Grove Center for the Arts & Media, a Southern California non-profit organization that cultivates the spiritual growth and creative work of artists. For the past ten years, I’ve worked with artists from just about every creative discipline. In countless conversations, I’ve discovered two vital truths:
1. Every artist needs affirmation and direction to pursue their God-given creative calling.
2. And every artist has a story.
For years I dreamed of creating a book filled with artists stories that pursued the question, “How do artists grow in their creative work, their personal lives and in their relationship with God?” In short, how do artists cultivate art, life and faith? In meeting so many wonderful artists, I’ve seen the need for friendship, mentorship and new community among artists.
In 'Create: Transforming Stories of Art, Life & Faith', we’ve brought together 21 artists offering wisdom, insight and inspiration through their personal, professional and spiritual journeys. Twenty-one points of view for what it means to pursue art, life, and faith.
CREATE ANSWERS THESE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS . . .
What is an artist’s relationship to his or her Creator?
How important is the role of community in the life of an artist?
How does an artist respond when family, friends, and people in the Church challenge their creative calling?
How can an artist grow in their understanding of the creative process?
What is an artist’s unique relationship to the tools of their craft?
What is the role of mentoring and apprenticeship in the life of an artist?
How do artists, especially young and emerging artists, commit to the values, disciplines and pain-staking tasks of improving their craft?
How can artists who are Christians make authentic creative contributions to culture?
How can artists live with the tension that the Church and the culture don’t always know what to do with them?
Finally, how is the life and heart of an artist best cultivated for spiritual and professional growth?
Joey O'Connor is a FaithVillage member and contributor.Buy Now
Keep up the great work with FV...I'm pulling for you and your team!
- Noreen Nix just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Mother Confronts Young Daughter’s Alleged Bully With violence.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Sharron K. Cosby | Red Light Rendezvous.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Sharron K. Cosby | Red Light Rendezvous.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost The Simple Things in Life – Tiny House Living – Vincent Russell.
- Courtney Rowland published the blogpost Creamy Parmesan Leek and Mushroom Pasta #SundaySupper.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost “Real Women Leading” iPad Mini Giveaway and “Leading with Values” Facebook Party 3/20!.
- Kelly Pigott published the blogpost Ashes, Tattoos, the Sign of the Cross, and my Friend Connie.
- Walter Bright published the blogpost Be thou removed: Prayer of a man they called “Consecrated Cobbler.
- George Krickl published the blogpost Poor in Spirit: Paul and Barnabas Discipleship Continued.
- Jennifer Collins just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Doris SwiftOur greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at something that doesn't really matter.” ― D.L. Moody
- Doris SwiftEmerge from ordinary into extraordinary; rise above, set apart, walking in the plan as He directs the steps...
- Doris SwiftIf you're feeling stuck in your writing journey~remember, every new idea-every word written propels you forward
- Jon StallingsIf we focus our prayers just on Jesus delivering us from the trials of life, we have set up our own life as an idol
- Melcome Feldspar just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Leon Bloder published the blogpost Shouldn't All Christians Be Universalists At Heart?.
- Jennifer Alayo-AguilarI am so excited to be here. This is something new that I have never tried before. I am glad to be alive to witness this, a blog post check-out site for Christians around the country, the world to connect with one another. The mini-neighborhood is pretty good. Say prayers for me, my husband, and the rest of our family as we get our lives back together and get on the right track with Jesus Christ. Amen.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Livestream Simply Youth Ministry Conference be a part of it!.
- George BullardMarch 8th: Transform Congregations By Radical Missional Engagement #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/03/march-8th-transform-congregations-by-radical-missional-engagement-365ssiftc.html
- Jennifer Alayo-Aguilar just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Greg Winfield published the blogpost The Blessing of Struggle – Do You Know What You’re Made of?.
- Stephanie L Burr just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 10 Reasons Why Youth Ministry Is A Strategic Career Choice.
- Evan Nehring published the blogpost Announcement: Life Sentence Publishing Partnership.
- Matthew Tan published the blogpost "Justice, Unity & the Hidden Christ": Review in Ethika Politika.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of March 3rd.
- Nathan Wheeler published the blogpost Prayer, a beautiful mistake: Atheism For Lent Part 1.
- Allen O'Brien published the blogpost Mark Driscoll’s Publishing Tactics Trigger A Golden Age For Christian Publishing.
- Brad Russell published the article FaithVillage Expands Church Partnerships with 10 New Features.
- GREG WHITAKER just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost How To Supercharge Your Productivity With Evernote.