New eBook Combines Faith, Art & Originality
In your creative life, have you ever wondered . . .
How do I find new insights, ideas, inspiration and vision for my life as an artist?
How do other artists work through their personal, professional and spiritual challenges?
Do I really have what it takes to be an artist? What do I do with the frustration, lack of focus and direction in my creative life?
Who can I turn to for encouragement with my art? God made me to create . . . I “cannot NOT” create!
Create: Transforming Stories of Art, Life, & Faith is a dynamic enhanced video ebook designed to inspire artists and art lovers in their creative journeys. Create is filled with stories, artwork and video from 21 points of view. Optimized for the iPad, Kindle & B&N Nook, it is available for download on the Art, Life & Faith blog, iBookstore, B&N, and Amazon. (For Kindle, video is viewable using Mac ios app.) Winner of Best Design Ebook Contest by Vook, Inc.
My name is Joey O’Connor and I am the Executive Director of The Grove Center for the Arts & Media, a Southern California non-profit organization that cultivates the spiritual growth and creative work of artists. For the past ten years, I’ve worked with artists from just about every creative discipline. In countless conversations, I’ve discovered two vital truths:
1. Every artist needs affirmation and direction to pursue their God-given creative calling.
2. And every artist has a story.
For years I dreamed of creating a book filled with artists stories that pursued the question, “How do artists grow in their creative work, their personal lives and in their relationship with God?” In short, how do artists cultivate art, life and faith? In meeting so many wonderful artists, I’ve seen the need for friendship, mentorship and new community among artists.
In 'Create: Transforming Stories of Art, Life & Faith', we’ve brought together 21 artists offering wisdom, insight and inspiration through their personal, professional and spiritual journeys. Twenty-one points of view for what it means to pursue art, life, and faith.
CREATE ANSWERS THESE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS . . .
What is an artist’s relationship to his or her Creator?
How important is the role of community in the life of an artist?
How does an artist respond when family, friends, and people in the Church challenge their creative calling?
How can an artist grow in their understanding of the creative process?
What is an artist’s unique relationship to the tools of their craft?
What is the role of mentoring and apprenticeship in the life of an artist?
How do artists, especially young and emerging artists, commit to the values, disciplines and pain-staking tasks of improving their craft?
How can artists who are Christians make authentic creative contributions to culture?
How can artists live with the tension that the Church and the culture don’t always know what to do with them?
Finally, how is the life and heart of an artist best cultivated for spiritual and professional growth?
Joey O'Connor is a FaithVillage member and contributor.Buy Now
Keep up the great work with FV...I'm pulling for you and your team!
- Marie Trotter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Is Andi's final pick the dramatic decision ABC teases it to be?.
- Jon Stallings“What we don’t want are Christians who admirably try to relive suffering in the world, but are indifferent toward eternal suffering. Every Christian engaged in mission – be it medical, educational, agricultural, or just plain being a good neighbor – should care about real-life pain and long for opportunities to share the good news that every person needs to hear.” – Kevin DeYoung
- George Krickl published the blogpost Poor in Spirit: Moses – Experiencing the Presence of God.
- Kersley Fitzgerald published the blogpost No Excuse: 2 Corinthians 6 and the Wide-Open, Spacious Life.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Kidney transplant in Fort Worth strengthens brotherly bond.
- Kelley Mathews published the audio How to Be Assured of Your Salvation | Austin Stone.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Kidney transplant in Forth Worth strengthens brotherly bond.
- Kelley Mathews published the audio Welcome to a Life of Confidence | The Journey with Ron Moore.
- Kelley Mathews published the article FaithVillage Contributor Spotlight: Stephen Blandino.
- Daniel WilsonI'm back from NYC where I taught a two day training session on Wall St. Made a little money and for us that is a huge blessing. I wanted to give testimony that the Lord gave this family some income and we are grateful for all His provisions.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost 3 Tips for Working with Your Spouse and Family – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Mitzi Smith published the blogpost Back to School Shopping: Where to Spend, Where to Save.
- Sharon Eldridge just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Nathan Lile just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Doug Webster published the blogpost Evangelicalism’s PR Problem: Private Love, Public Condemnation.
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost A Review of “On the Grace of God” by Justin Holcomb.
- Kerry Messer published the blogpost No Matter What You Lost or Lose; Cling to this Truth.
- Pete HouptPsalm 33:4-5 MSG
For God ’s Word is solid to the core; everything he makes is sound inside and out. He loves it when everything fits, when his world is in plumb-line true. Earth is drenched in God ’s affectionate satisfaction.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Help for Couples Recovering from Adultery or Pornography: Video Tandem 9 of 9.
- solomon david published the blogpost How to Develop Mobile Websites? – Easy to Understand Guide.
- Mary DeMuth published the blogpost 18 – The Beautiful Difficult Power of Truth Telling.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Journey To The High Places: Fearing Invasion (Week 2).
- Edgar Galdamez published the blogpost Growing Pain: Conflict In The Church - Acts 15 part 2.
- Carol Cool published the blogpost The Lives We Lead—My Life in Middlemarch—Giveaway!.