Mark Driscoll Steps Down as Leader of Acts 29, Gospel Coalition
By Alex Murashko , Christian Post
Acts 29 Network cofounder Pastor Mark Driscoll has stepped down from the reins of the successful global church planting organization to make room for Pastor Matt Chandler as president. He also resigned from Gospel Coalition.
A change in priorities was the reason given by Driscoll who plans to devote more time to his growing church.
Acts 29 is a network of church planters that "emerged from a small band of brothers" to more than 400 churches in the United States and networks of churches in multiple countries
Driscoll, who is the lead pastor of Seattle-based Mars Hill Church, issued a statement through Acts 29, which gave a brief history of the group and how the decision was made.
"Recently, I sensed that not all was well in Acts 29. As my concerns grew, I recently resumed the presidency of Acts 29 to work directly with our network captains, most influential pastors, and staff," Driscoll stated. "It seemed to me that some of our relationships, board size and structure, communication, systems, and such were not as effective as we needed, which is to be expected to some degree in a large, complex, fast-growing entrepreneurial network such as ours."
- Bronwyn Lea published the blogpost 48 Tips from the World’s Worst Potty Trainer (A Cautionary Tale).
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of September 15th.
- Antwuan Malone published the blogpost Child Abuse, Domestic Violence, Homosexual Rights and Other Signs of Our Times.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Thousand Foot Krutch announces fall headline “Born This Way Tour”.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Shelly Johnson to drop new album, ‘Your Kingdom Come’ Sept. 23.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: CNN Anchors in Way Over Their Heads.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost (Birthday Edition) SOTW: ‘Steady Heart’ by Steffany Gretzinger.
- Brad Russell published the article 3 Reasons Why Financial Giving Culture Has Changed.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Does New ‘Fight Church’ Documentary Hit Below the Belt?.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Busyness and Productivity Set on Sale at WTS Books – Today Only.
- Brad Russell published the article Differentiating Mourning from Wallowing in Depression-Anxiety.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor study brings national attention to potential for cell phone addiction.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Is your child safety seat installed correctly? [video].
- Matt Reed just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW: Leaving Liberty by Virginia Carmichael.
- Mark McIntyre published the blogpost Leaders – How well are you getting people grounded in the faith?.
- Dorothy Greco published the blogpost Friday Soul Food: Jen Michel’s Teach Us to Want and the Conversion of Our Desires.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 85% Of Millennials In The US (18-24) Own Smartphones.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Attack, Hospitalize Innocent Man For Doing Good.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Getting High A Little Less Often; No One Knows Why.
- Deb Wolf published the blogpost Quit People Pleasing – Balance Around the Blogosphere & Linkup.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Differentiating Mourning from Wallowing in Depression-Anxiety.
- Chip Doolittle just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- solomon david published the blogpost 5 Most Tempting Reasons to Use PHP For Your Next Project.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost Do You Know What Is The Most Popular Book Of All Time?.
- solomon david published the blogpost A New Nokia Lumia 830, an Affordable Device, Announced by Microsoft.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost How a mustard seed can encourage you to look ahead. [Video].
- Jeff Randleman published the blogpost Coffee Naps are better than coffee…, and naps! [Link].
- Walter Bright published the blogpost That I may discover God’s highest and best usage for my life.
- Catherine Larson published the blogpost Lean into Grace in 2014: Change the Way We Think About Change.
- Catherine Larson published the blogpost A Valentine’s Gift for Him: 14 Ways to Pray for Your Husband this Valentine’s Day.
- Catherine Larson published the blogpost Mom Fail: Turning Our Worst Moments into Teachable Ones.
- solomon david published the blogpost Floweretshop – A Perfect Magento Responsive Theme for online flower shops.
- solomon david published the blogpost 10 Remarkable WordPress Portfolio Plugins That Show Your Work Impressively.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost How to Leverage Big Data for Big Time Social Media Success – Reade Milner.
- Dave Hilgendorf published the blogpost Sharing Your Faith – What You Can Do With That Awkward Moment.