Daughters and dating: What influence can you have?
It’s still got some great lessons in there for both teens and parents.
If your daughter is already dating and you haven’t done some of the foundation work, don’t give up. If you are a parent, take time to interact with the dates your daughter is having. Make it required for her dates to spend a dinner or time with the family so that you can get to know the person who is influencing your daughter’s life. Ensure that their character and spiritual pursuits line up with those that you have for your daughter. I have had many a conversation with a parent that is disappointed with their daughter’s choice to date a non-believer. I wonder what conversations happened before that daughter began dating that helped her know what to look for in a guy. Thankfully my mother began having those conversations with me early on. She let me know that she prayed for my future spouse. Hearing that my mom was praying for my future spouse made me want to do the same thing at an early age. I am so thankful that she did that because I can see those prayers answered in the person I married today. Make plans to pray for your daughter audibly about the people who will influence her heart. Tell her what things you are looking for in a guy for her way before she meets a “lloyd” who knows he only wants to “hang with your daughter.”
- Steve Perky published the blogpost How Can The Church Keep Up With The Changing Dimensions of Information? [Video].
- Kim Cedrick Matiga just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Pre-order @MaxLucado’s BEFORE AMEN and receive a FREE book.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost The latest Quilts of Love release - Hidden in the Stars - out today!.
- Paul Phillips just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor Twitter, Instagram accounts top 30,000 followers.
- Rick GibsonNew ways for churches and pastors use online technology to engage and stay engaged with members and the virtual community? Use an online learning platform to teach and train
- RIck Gibson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Cancer journey mural: public invited to help paint.
- Brad Russell uploaded a photo
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost True Guilt vs. False Guilt (And Why The Difference May Be Wrecking Your Life).
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 3 Things That Must Sync Together Or Ministry Will #FAIL.
- Elise Hilton published the blogpost Dilemmas, heartache and Monday mornin' quarterbackin'.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Kent State Univ. Blasts Red-Stained Sweatshirt Sold By Urban Outfitters.
- Amy Young published the blogpost 9 Ways I Have Been Mentored by People Who Didn’t Know They Were Mentoring Me.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Ministry is difficult…at least no one is shooting at you.
- Lara Krupicka published the blogpost An Excerpt From Bucket List Living For Moms (& Your Chance to Win a Kindle).
- Christen Price published the blogpost Five Tips for Moms of Flower Girls and Ring Bearers.
- George Bullard published the blogpost Shallow Congregations Only Take Off Their Shoes and Socks.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Journey To The High Places: Great Precipice Injury (Week 9).
- Adam Smith published the blogpost #036: Why Is It So Difficult To Be Honest With Ourselves?.
- tiffany schaper just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost Why I Failed At Being A Small Groups Pastor (And I’m OK With That).
- solomon david published the blogpost Samsung Introduces Galaxy Note 4 Along With Galaxy Note Edge & Gear VR.
- Michael Lee just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jarrod Flaming just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Mobley published the blogpost The Five, New Believers, and 1 Peter 1:13-16 This Week.
- JackIe Little just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Filled by the Exquisite Spirit Of Our Triune God by Debbie Harris.
- Wendy Terry just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, and Sarah Sundin.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, and Sarah Sundin.
- Claire Florine published the blogpost “I Feel You Girl”: Sexual Assault in Chicago, and Diana the Hunter of Bus Drivers.
- John Rutledge published the article Evangelical Group Wants Election-Year Conversation About Marriage Equality.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor profs honored for excellence in teaching and mentoring.