There are times where ministry is very hard. There are times where I wonder what I got myself into and then there are days like yesterday that make me remember the amazing privilege it is to be a minister of the Gospel.
You see yesterday I got to do something that few people will ever do. I got to officiate the wedding of my niece Amanda to her new husband Justin Eberly. It was just one of those days that makes me smile and praise God. These two are such wonderful young people full of amazing hope and promise and so clearly meant for each other. They balance each other so well. He’s the kind of guy you hope a beloved young lady will bring home. It was a ceremony I could do with no reservations. Yep it’s pretty clear, God has a great plan for these two.
A lot of people complimented me on the service yesterday and that was really nice, but the truth of the matter is all the praise for that day belongs to God. He brought them together. He gave them a great story and telling that story was easy. It’s a story that shows His fingerprints are all over this marriage. I was just blessed to be a part of it.
I’m beginning to see that the best part of ministry is holding on to God and going along for the ride.
Please join me in praying for this amazing young couple as they begin their journey together.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of March 3rd.
- Nathan Wheeler published the blogpost Prayer, a beautiful mistake: Atheism For Lent Part 1.
- Allen O'Brien published the blogpost Mark Driscoll’s Publishing Tactics Trigger A Golden Age For Christian Publishing.
- Brad Russell published the article FaithVillage Expands Church Partnerships with 10 New Features.
- GREG WHITAKER just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost How To Supercharge Your Productivity With Evernote.
- Jotham David Parker published the video Truth (Christian Dance Hymn. Full Song with Lyrics).
- Myra Lee just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- FRANK NADJOMBE created a new gallery
- FRANK NADJOMBE just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jewish Voice published the blogpost Woliso Population Plus One – Medical Missions in Ethiopia.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Although Amazon is Sold Out, Barnes and Noble and Westminster Bookstore Still Have Copies.
- Brad RussellLots of Lenten posts from our blog community, make sure you check some of them out.
- Blake Atwood published the article 'Warfare in the Old Testament' | Boyd Seevers [Book Review].
- Jim McNeely published the blogpost The Cross of Christ Declares that God Understands my Suffering.
- Blake Atwood shared 7 Mobile Apps for Church Social Media Directors: Check out Darrel Girardier's favorite mobile apps for social media: "If you're like me, you can't be confined to your desk and run social media for your church. You need mobile tools that allow you to quickly capture what's happening and feed it to your social media channels. Here's a quick list of tools that I use to get the job done."
- Stephen Morrissey published the blogpost Church Social Media (Part 2): Social Media Foundations.
- Shari Dragovich published the blogpost A word on literary affairs, time online, & making culture.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost AP Smears Trail Life Boys With Misleading ‘Nazi’ Photo.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Monetize on Your Blog With Affiliate Marketing – Courtney Gordner.
- George BullardMarch 7th: Transform Congregations By Discovering the Invisible Signs #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/03/march-7th-transform-congregations-by-discovering-the-invisible-signs-365ssiftc.html