What Are Your Stones?…
When the whole nation had finished crossing the Jordan, the LORD said to Joshua, “Choose twelve men from among the people, one from each tribe, and tell them to take up twelve stones from the middle of the Jordan, from right where the priests are standing, and carry them over with you and put them down at the place where you stay tonight.”
So Joshua called together the twelve men he had appointed from the Israelites, one from each tribe, and said to them, “Go over before the ark of the LORD your God into the middle of the Jordan. Each of you is to take up a stone on his shoulder, according to the number of the tribes of the Israelites, to serve as a sign among you. In the future, when your children ask you, ‘What do these stones mean?’ tell them that the flow of the Jordan was cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD. When it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever.” Joshua 4:1-7
God has surely done amazing things in your life. I know He has in mine. I know when life gets challenging, one of the ways to help you through is remembering what God has done in your life.
When you look back at what God has done in your life, it will boost your faith. It will help you through the tougher times and help you realize that through your toughest moments, God has always been faithful.
This is what the Lord told Joshua to do. He told them to take stones and place them in the river to serve as a reminder for the future of what God had done for them. That way, no matter what, they could look and know that God has come through for them.
So what are your stones? Maybe God has healed or restored you in some way, maybe he gave you a breakthrough in your finances, or maybe he restored your marriage…Don’t forget those moments.
How has God come through for you? How are you remembering it?
What are your stones?
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Jesus Christ Is Our All Sufficient Gift Of All Gifts by Debbie Harris.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost The Glorious Gift Of God’s Presence by Debbie Harris.
- John Rutledge published the article Most Americans say U.S. should shelter child immigrants.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Baylor’s first quintuplets head home; I’m sad to see them go.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of July 28th.
- Robin Norgren published the blogpost Spark and Inspire Question #1: Are Collaborations a Good Idea?.
- Kelley Mathews published the audio Welcome to a Life of Greatness | The Journey with Ron Moore.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga Sing "Anything Goes".
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Ebola, skin cancer, doctor training changes among this week’s top health headlines.
- Crystal Stine published the blogpost 4×4 of 4 Things (OR: Stuff To Know About Me Before Declare).
- Kevin Sistrunk just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Tameshia Williams > Great Book ReviewersHappy Friday Great Book Reviewers,
The latest Fiction, and Christian Living books available for review have been uploaded. As usual, please message Kelley Mathews — the group admin at this time — with your request. Include your mailing address and remember to upload a link to your review on this group wall when it's complete. Try to do that within a month or so, and we can re-list you as an eligible reviewer. Happy reading!
- Florence Ukpabi published the blogpost Behaviour Modification God’s Way (Book extract 28).
- John Bucher published the blogpost Check out The Living Reminders & The Leftovers Daily.
- raveena chandra just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- George BullardFeatured TCP Book for August 1st: Cultivating Perennial Churches: Your Guide to Long-Term Growth http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/0827205120
- George BullardFree TCP eBook August 1st Only! Spiritual and Strategic Insights for Transforming Congregations Volume One http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/B00JJ17WZC
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when i am a popular blogger, or not [today at the high calling].
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when we're moving back to waco [or, our lives are circles].
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when i measure the distance of God [today at deeper story].
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when there is no way but through, or, when there is room at this table.
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when this is the dinner party revolution: a guest post from ed cyzewski.
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when jesus asks, "and what about you?" [thoughts on the break, a look at our new home].
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when we make vows long before they are ever spoken.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Have You Accepted President Obama As Your Personal Lord & Savior?.
- Melrose York just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor alums take ‘Fixer Upper’ skills to HGTV, ‘Today’ show.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Pieces Together a Winning Team.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 3 Common Traits of Youth Who Don’t Leave the Church.
- Mikel Del Rosario published the blogpost Apologetics Event Tip #1 – Build a Leadership Team.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW: Murder at Cold Creek College by Christa Nardi.
- Austin McCann published the blogpost Freebie: Resource to Disciple Students Who Come to Faith.
- George BullardAugust 1st Transform Congregations By Walking the Second Mile #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/08/august-1st-transform-congregations-by-walking-the-second-mile-365ssiftc.html
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Codependency, Chronic Pain, & Prescription Drug Abuse.
- Diane Paddison published the blogpost Pinterest, Productivity and Playdates In This Week’s Friday Faves.