What Are Your Stones?…
When the whole nation had finished crossing the Jordan, the LORD said to Joshua, “Choose twelve men from among the people, one from each tribe, and tell them to take up twelve stones from the middle of the Jordan, from right where the priests are standing, and carry them over with you and put them down at the place where you stay tonight.”
So Joshua called together the twelve men he had appointed from the Israelites, one from each tribe, and said to them, “Go over before the ark of the LORD your God into the middle of the Jordan. Each of you is to take up a stone on his shoulder, according to the number of the tribes of the Israelites, to serve as a sign among you. In the future, when your children ask you, ‘What do these stones mean?’ tell them that the flow of the Jordan was cut off before the ark of the covenant of the LORD. When it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off. These stones are to be a memorial to the people of Israel forever.” Joshua 4:1-7
God has surely done amazing things in your life. I know He has in mine. I know when life gets challenging, one of the ways to help you through is remembering what God has done in your life.
When you look back at what God has done in your life, it will boost your faith. It will help you through the tougher times and help you realize that through your toughest moments, God has always been faithful.
This is what the Lord told Joshua to do. He told them to take stones and place them in the river to serve as a reminder for the future of what God had done for them. That way, no matter what, they could look and know that God has come through for them.
So what are your stones? Maybe God has healed or restored you in some way, maybe he gave you a breakthrough in your finances, or maybe he restored your marriage…Don’t forget those moments.
How has God come through for you? How are you remembering it?
What are your stones?
- Holli Long published the blogpost A Guest Post for Grace for Moms – On Grief and Gratitude.
- John Mark Miller published the blogpost Liebster Award! – Thank You, Writing in a Raindrop!.
- Troy EdwardsOur Easter message from last Sunday can be viewed here:
- Troy Edwards uploaded a photo
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Walking with the Enemy’ Treads in the Right Direction.
- Clarence FellIngratitude
Have you heard the story of the man that got himself in trouble with the law? His wife set her life aside and gave all her attention to helping her husband get out of his legal troubles. However, as the wheels of justice slowly turned, he found himself still in jail after many weeks. He exhausted every avenue of help that he could pursue from within the jail, there was nothing left to do but hope his wife would not give up. Fortunately, his wife focused even more, sacrificed more, and gave all she had until finally she secured his release. He was delighted, they celebrated his freedom, and his joy was unspeakable. However, soon his attention began to wander to another woman and it was not long before he left his wife for another woman.
Most of us would not give two cents for a man that would accept such generous sacrifice from his wife and then abandon her. However, many people treat God that way and then expect an enthusiastic welcome home into heaven. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed.
- Troy Edwards created a new gallery
- Troy Edwards just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Blake Atwood uploaded a photo
- Courtney Rowland published the blogpost An Ohio Egg Adventure + 10 Tips for Making Great Eggs.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor couple’s HGTV series, ‘Fixer Upper, begins tonight.
- Blake Atwood shared What is a Church Website Strategy?: Does your church have a website strategy? "When people talk about website strategy, the conversation dips into many interesting areas. The problem is that the word strategy means something different to different people. Thus, to have an effective website strategy, you need to define what strategy is. In this article I offer you a framework to define various levels of guidance." Read more from Stephen Morrissey.
- George BullardApril 24th Transform Congregations By Affirming Long Pastorates #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-24th-transform-congregations-by-affirming-long-pastorates-365ssiftc.html
- George BullardApril 23rd Transform Congregations By Remembering But Not Repeating History #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-23rd-transform-congregations-by-remembering-but-not-repeating-history-365ssiftc.html
- George BullardApril 22nd Transform Congregations By Climbing Out of Ruts #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-22nd-transform-congregations-by-climbing-out-of-ruts-365ssiftc.html
- George BullardApril 21st Transform Congregations By Focusing on the Spiritual Transformation on People #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-21st-transform-congregations-by-focusing-on-the-spiritual-transformation-on-people-365ssiftc.html
- Elise Hilton published the blogpost Getting chased by the Devil...don't worry: I'm running faster.
- John Mark Miller published the blogpost U: Perceptible Unity – The Mark of Great Art…and Great Lives.
- Brian Jones published the blogpost Was Jesus A Man That The Early Church Turned Into A God?.
- Serena Rice published the blogpost Prayer on the Wind: Day 24 of the April Poetry Challenge.
- adekunle ojobaro just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost Quote from Pascal on how to measure our efforts [Quote].
- Adam Smith published the blogpost 21 Things You Need To STOP Saying At Work-Julia Winston.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost CRITICAL CONDITION Kindle HDX Giveaway from Richard Mabry!.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost NIGHTLINE’S Dan Harris’ 10% HAPPIER Kindle HDX Giveaway!.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost The Guys Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket.
- Mike Kim published the blogpost #09: 3 Psychological Weapons of Marketing Influence.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Movie Producers Donate to Wounded Warriors with Your Help.
- Julio Ribeiro just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Warren Robison just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Gary Weed created a new gallery
- Gary Weed just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Lyn Rossano just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Tina Jagneaux just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jeremy Riley just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Flashback: How to Stop Victim Mentality and Thinking in Kids and Teens.