New Orphan Care Resource Now Available for Churches!
If you are reading this blog, more than likely you are already passionate about impacting the lives of orphans and vulnerable children.
You may be an adoptive or foster care parent, a recent mission trip participant or a church staff member. But, how do you engage more people to make a difference in this cause?
To help with this challenge, Buckner has created the Abba, Father devotional guide and toolkit. This toolkit can be used to increase awareness of issues impacting orphans and vulnerable children and provide direction on practical ways that your church can become involved.
New resources included in the kit are:
o Abba Father: A toolkit for serving the least of these, including
o An extensive bibliography of books, websites, movies and videos on a wide range of issues.
o A map to connect, cooperate, or collaborate with Buckner, depending on where you live
o A volunteer opportunity description to serve as a liaison between your church and Buckner
o Abba Father: A 30-Day Devotional Guide Celebrating the Hope of Family
Buckner recruited a broad base of individuals and organizations to contribute their expertise to the kit. Adoptive and foster parents share their journeys in several of the daily devotionals; leaders of organizations such as Embrace Texas, the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute and the Christian Alliance for Orphans also contributed.
The resource is user-friendly, practical and affordable (free!). Many of the resources are easily accessible as a download from the Pure Action website.
Here are 4 ways the Orphan Care Kit could help your church get more involved in orphan care ministry:
1. Distribute the Abba Father Daily Devotional Guide to your small group and devote one or more discussions to one of the issues addressed in the guide.
2. Refer pastors or other church leaders to the kit.
3. Review the toolkit and organize a discussion around ways that your church may be able to collaborate with Buckner.
4. Review the bibliography and select resources that could be used for a book club discussion or movie night.
Want to learn more about orphan care, help increase awareness for others or learn how to connect with Buckner? If so, this resource is for you!
Candace Gray currently works with Buckner Children & Family Services in Dallas as the Director of Service Offerings and Performance. She joined the Buckner staff in 2010.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Proxy Measures for Leadership Decisions – Glenn Brooke.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Seminary Dropout 47: Carlos Whittaker, Musician, & Author of Moment Maker.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost What A Real Life Skydiving Accident Teaches Church Leaders.
- Kendall Lyons published the blogpost “Kid Eccentric” Comics: “Intelligence Breaches for Kids”.
- Jon StallingsMy message from Sunday on “The Holy Spirit Gift of Discerning of Spirits” is now online http://www.lifechurchconyers.org/sermons/the-holy-spirit-gift-of-discerning-of-spirits/
- Tessa Donovan just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Kelley Mathews published the article An Interview with Sam Hodges About the New Griefshare.
- Kelley Mathews published the article Picking the Right Worship Songs for Your Student Ministry.
- Jed Davis published the blogpost Customer Experience & Church, Why These Two Should Marry.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Susan Knowlen-Wolk just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Kelley Mathews published the article Visions of Glory: Our Sons’ Unhealthy Fantasy of Being Pro-Athletes.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor among nation’s ‘Great Colleges to Work For’ for 5th time in 6 years.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Concussions should remain a top concern for young athletes.
- Sheila Ann created a new gallery
- Sheila Ann just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Anna Brown published the blogpost 5 Essential Tips to keep your iPhone and iPad Secured.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost Quote from Greg Mckeown on our best asset in life. [Quote].
- Leigh Powers published the blogpost Inspired to Hold Up the Sky: Blogging for Compassion.
- Steven Seagraves just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost The Written Word: Kisses of Heaven Etched on My Heart.
- Marie Trotter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Is Andi's final pick the dramatic decision ABC teases it to be?.