New Orphan Care Resource Now Available for Churches!
If you are reading this blog, more than likely you are already passionate about impacting the lives of orphans and vulnerable children.
You may be an adoptive or foster care parent, a recent mission trip participant or a church staff member. But, how do you engage more people to make a difference in this cause?
To help with this challenge, Buckner has created the Abba, Father devotional guide and toolkit. This toolkit can be used to increase awareness of issues impacting orphans and vulnerable children and provide direction on practical ways that your church can become involved.
New resources included in the kit are:
o Abba Father: A toolkit for serving the least of these, including
o An extensive bibliography of books, websites, movies and videos on a wide range of issues.
o A map to connect, cooperate, or collaborate with Buckner, depending on where you live
o A volunteer opportunity description to serve as a liaison between your church and Buckner
o Abba Father: A 30-Day Devotional Guide Celebrating the Hope of Family
Buckner recruited a broad base of individuals and organizations to contribute their expertise to the kit. Adoptive and foster parents share their journeys in several of the daily devotionals; leaders of organizations such as Embrace Texas, the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute and the Christian Alliance for Orphans also contributed.
The resource is user-friendly, practical and affordable (free!). Many of the resources are easily accessible as a download from the Pure Action website.
Here are 4 ways the Orphan Care Kit could help your church get more involved in orphan care ministry:
1. Distribute the Abba Father Daily Devotional Guide to your small group and devote one or more discussions to one of the issues addressed in the guide.
2. Refer pastors or other church leaders to the kit.
3. Review the toolkit and organize a discussion around ways that your church may be able to collaborate with Buckner.
4. Review the bibliography and select resources that could be used for a book club discussion or movie night.
Want to learn more about orphan care, help increase awareness for others or learn how to connect with Buckner? If so, this resource is for you!
Candace Gray currently works with Buckner Children & Family Services in Dallas as the Director of Service Offerings and Performance. She joined the Buckner staff in 2010.
- Andrew MasonUncommon Gratitude http://andrewsmason.com/uncommon-gratitude/ #HappyThanksgiving
- Andrew MasonCreating A Small Group Curriculum Map by Ben Reed http://www.smallgroupchurches.com/creating-a-small-group-curriculum-map/
- Marcella WoodridgeThe longer I live the more I know I need GOD leading my life every step of the way.
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia Carter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May Jesus Christ Be The Ultimate Treasure We Always Seek by Debbie Harris..
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Father Who Can We Graciously And Humbly Walk Beside Today Just To Love by Debbie Harris.
- Bryce Johnson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 13 Resources For Ministry Leaders Who Struggle with Porn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Expert Reveals Biggest Concern About Youngsters And Social Media.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Half (54%) Of US Teens Think Life Would Be Better Without Social Media.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Roy Lichtenstein's Most Popular Painting is Displayed.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost After Confronting Campus Bully, HS Football Player Gets Suspended.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Conservative Student Is Victim Of ‘Racist Rape Apologist’ Attack Fliers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Yik Yak app Putting Teens Behind Bars, Police Warn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Hearing That Things Can Change Helps Teens Dodge Depression.
- Andrew Shivers just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost GIVEAWAY: Win a Framed “The Fault in Our Stars” FULL SIZE Movie Poster [Winner Chosen].
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost ‘Boxtrolls:’ Incredible Animation, Charmless Story.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Dad Lip-Syncs Daughter's Tantrum.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost SOTW: ‘Chasing After The Wind’ by Alan Powell (Free Friday Download).
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Drive Video: If You Want Engagement, Self-Direction is Better.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW: The Unexpected Earl by Philippa Jane Keyworth.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Seminary Dropout 55: Gary Black Jr. – Co-author of The Divine Conspiracy Continued.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost ‘Believe Me': Alum’s thought-provoking film now in theaters.
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost Stress Kills!!! Here's 3 Ways To Do Something About It.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost How The New Fall TV Season Reminds Me Of The Gospel.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Suffering Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Personal Responsibility Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost 20 Approaches to Battling Depression-Anxiety as Suffering.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Hellion’ is A Wild, Family-Driven Ride Worth Taking.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ is Cool, Uncommitted.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Pieces Together a Winning Team.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Talking about cancer on WFAA’s ‘Two Chairs’ series.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Get Excited: New ‘Believe Me’ Trailer Validates Everything We Thought.