New Orphan Care Resource Now Available for Churches!
If you are reading this blog, more than likely you are already passionate about impacting the lives of orphans and vulnerable children.
You may be an adoptive or foster care parent, a recent mission trip participant or a church staff member. But, how do you engage more people to make a difference in this cause?
To help with this challenge, Buckner has created the Abba, Father devotional guide and toolkit. This toolkit can be used to increase awareness of issues impacting orphans and vulnerable children and provide direction on practical ways that your church can become involved.
New resources included in the kit are:
o Abba Father: A toolkit for serving the least of these, including
o An extensive bibliography of books, websites, movies and videos on a wide range of issues.
o A map to connect, cooperate, or collaborate with Buckner, depending on where you live
o A volunteer opportunity description to serve as a liaison between your church and Buckner
o Abba Father: A 30-Day Devotional Guide Celebrating the Hope of Family
Buckner recruited a broad base of individuals and organizations to contribute their expertise to the kit. Adoptive and foster parents share their journeys in several of the daily devotionals; leaders of organizations such as Embrace Texas, the Congressional Coalition on Adoption Institute and the Christian Alliance for Orphans also contributed.
The resource is user-friendly, practical and affordable (free!). Many of the resources are easily accessible as a download from the Pure Action website.
Here are 4 ways the Orphan Care Kit could help your church get more involved in orphan care ministry:
1. Distribute the Abba Father Daily Devotional Guide to your small group and devote one or more discussions to one of the issues addressed in the guide.
2. Refer pastors or other church leaders to the kit.
3. Review the toolkit and organize a discussion around ways that your church may be able to collaborate with Buckner.
4. Review the bibliography and select resources that could be used for a book club discussion or movie night.
Want to learn more about orphan care, help increase awareness for others or learn how to connect with Buckner? If so, this resource is for you!
Candace Gray currently works with Buckner Children & Family Services in Dallas as the Director of Service Offerings and Performance. She joined the Buckner staff in 2010.
- Sheridan Voysey published the blogpost Don’t Just Apologise, Make Amends (My BBC Radio 2 Spot).
- Adam Smith published the blogpost [Studies] How to Handle Cursing In The Workplace – Julia Winston.
- C Drury just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Amber Soares created a new gallery
- Amber Soares just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 10 Characteristics Of Effective Church Communications.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost 'An Evening of One Acts': Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: an explanation from the crazy crying lady at the park.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: when the hands and feet of God stink and hurt, respectively.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: "christian" - better as a noun, not an adjective.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Christian band All Things New drops new EP ‘Attic Sessions’.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost Write Tribe Blog Carnival - What if You Were Not Afraid?.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May We Always Speak Words Of Life And Healing by Debbie Harris.
- lucy santoshey.. I am lucy...
- Jonalyn Fincher published the blogpost The Spiritual Practice of Friendship (not just Chemistry).
- lucy santos just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost Make Every Day A Celebration With Spellbinders Celebra’tions Collection + A Giveaway.
- Kelley Mathews published the article "Egalitarian" and "Complementarian": What's the Main Difference?.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost What killed the dinosaurs? Baylor geology researcher part of new study.
- John Bucher published the blogpost My Theories About Who Killed Gladys on HBO’s site Watchingtheleftovers.com.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost Next Up Podcast: 3 Ways to Live & Lead in The Moment (Episode 6).
- George BullardFeatured TCP Book for July 30th: A Divine Assignment: The Missiology of Wendell Clay Somerville http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/1603500073
- George BullardFREE TCP eBook July 30th Only! Seeing Jesus in the City http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/B00AVJKOSS
- George BullardJuly 30th: Transform Congregations By Death and Resurrection #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/07/july-30th-transform-congregations-by-death-and-resurrection-365ssiftc.html
- Amy Young published the blogpost Pay it forward (part two — You must meet these people!).
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost ‘There would be no point in faith if it wasn’t tested’ – Jennifer Hudson.
- Brad Andres published the blogpost Would Your Christianity Survive in Other Parts of the World?.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Don’t have your life all figured out? Then read this….