Blood Moons & Tetrads
|Photo via Nikkorz|
As you may have noticed, I have come across some eschatological readings that absolutely fascinate me. Hold on, back up a second. What does that mean?
Eschatology is the study of the end times. I am by no means a fan of such readings, nor do I put a lot stake in such theological discussions, especially those who claim they know when the world is going to end. However, if we study what Christ said on the issue, we should at least be watchmen:
Luke 12:39-40 But know this, that if the master of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have left his house to be broken into. You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.We don't know the exact time or hour, but we can keep watch. In fact there are other references to this same analogy of a thief, telling Christians to be on the watch: Matthew 24:42-44, 1 Thessalonians 5:1-5.
Bear this in mind as you read through the remainder of the post.
- Between 1493-1494, the Jews were expelled from Spain. This was also a blood moon tetrad.
- Between 1949-1950, the Jews as Israel became a nation. This was also a blood moon tetrad.
- Between 1967-1968, the Jews recaptured Jerusalem. This was also a blood moon tetrad.
- Bronwyn Lea published the blogpost 48 Tips from the World’s Worst Potty Trainer (A Cautionary Tale).
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of September 15th.
- Antwuan Malone published the blogpost Child Abuse, Domestic Violence, Homosexual Rights and Other Signs of Our Times.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Thousand Foot Krutch announces fall headline “Born This Way Tour”.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Shelly Johnson to drop new album, ‘Your Kingdom Come’ Sept. 23.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: CNN Anchors in Way Over Their Heads.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost (Birthday Edition) SOTW: ‘Steady Heart’ by Steffany Gretzinger.
- Brad Russell published the article 3 Reasons Why Financial Giving Culture Has Changed.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Does New ‘Fight Church’ Documentary Hit Below the Belt?.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Busyness and Productivity Set on Sale at WTS Books – Today Only.
- Brad Russell published the article Differentiating Mourning from Wallowing in Depression-Anxiety.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor study brings national attention to potential for cell phone addiction.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Is your child safety seat installed correctly? [video].
- Matt Reed just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW: Leaving Liberty by Virginia Carmichael.
- Mark McIntyre published the blogpost Leaders – How well are you getting people grounded in the faith?.
- Dorothy Greco published the blogpost Friday Soul Food: Jen Michel’s Teach Us to Want and the Conversion of Our Desires.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 85% Of Millennials In The US (18-24) Own Smartphones.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Attack, Hospitalize Innocent Man For Doing Good.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Getting High A Little Less Often; No One Knows Why.
- Deb Wolf published the blogpost Quit People Pleasing – Balance Around the Blogosphere & Linkup.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Differentiating Mourning from Wallowing in Depression-Anxiety.
- Chip Doolittle just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- solomon david published the blogpost 5 Most Tempting Reasons to Use PHP For Your Next Project.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost Do You Know What Is The Most Popular Book Of All Time?.
- solomon david published the blogpost A New Nokia Lumia 830, an Affordable Device, Announced by Microsoft.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost How a mustard seed can encourage you to look ahead. [Video].
- Jeff Randleman published the blogpost Coffee Naps are better than coffee…, and naps! [Link].
- Walter Bright published the blogpost That I may discover God’s highest and best usage for my life.
- Catherine Larson published the blogpost Lean into Grace in 2014: Change the Way We Think About Change.
- Catherine Larson published the blogpost A Valentine’s Gift for Him: 14 Ways to Pray for Your Husband this Valentine’s Day.
- Catherine Larson published the blogpost Mom Fail: Turning Our Worst Moments into Teachable Ones.
- solomon david published the blogpost Floweretshop – A Perfect Magento Responsive Theme for online flower shops.
- solomon david published the blogpost 10 Remarkable WordPress Portfolio Plugins That Show Your Work Impressively.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost How to Leverage Big Data for Big Time Social Media Success – Reade Milner.
- Dave Hilgendorf published the blogpost Sharing Your Faith – What You Can Do With That Awkward Moment.