Preparing My Heart
Day 23 of my "Devotional Readings for Mothers" ring of cards that I found in my office, probably left by someone who used to work here, includes the following encouragement.
Keep on loving when your love is not returned. Keep on praying when it seems they are beyond hope. Choose joy, choose prayer, and choose thanksgiving in all circumstances. Your faithfulness in love and prayer is a lifeline for your child.
Although I'm not yet a mother, I find myself looking at these inspiring devotionals all the time. Maybe it's the spark of energy I get from reading something positive, or maybe it's a desire deep in my heart to be a mother. All I know is God is preparing my heart to be a nurturer, a prayer warrior, an encourager, and like Him, someone who loves unconditionally.
My own mother has exemplified Day 23's quote throughout my life. I've learned from her example that a mother must put her children before herself. Prayer before, during and after your kids are born is especially important. To be faithful that your love for your children will endure throughout their lives is a reflection of a mother's faithfulness in Christ.
I'm learning to apply these principles in my life outside of motherhood. We can love like Jesus without yet being a mother. I like to think I do this with the…
- Kelley Mathews published the article Positive Leadership Principles for Women | Karol Ladd [Excerpt].
- Jonalyn Fincher published the blogpost Emerald City: Atheist and Christian talk about Gay Marriage.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Relationship Between Processing Workflow and How My Creative Process Works.
- Bo Bartlett uploaded a photo
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost The 500 Hats of a Modern-Day Woman By Joyce K. Ellis | Kindle Fire Giveaway and Blog Tour.
- Jon StallingsLent: A Time of Radical Discipleship @missioalliance http://buff.ly/1esgC8i #faith #lent
- Kelley Mathews uploaded a photo
- Kelley Mathews uploaded a photo
- Lauren Sturdy published the article Ways to Raise Money for Your Mission Trip (Part One).
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teachers Union Battles Proposed Ban On Flip-Flops, Jeans And Facial Piercings.
- Blake Atwood published the audio Facing Giants In Life and Work | Rick Warren and Malcolm Gladwell.
- Haylee Davis just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Kelley Mathews > Momzie ConversationsHi Moms! I have an offer... Do you and your kids watch VeggieTales? Do you enjoy writing? If you can answer yes to both, please consider writing a review of the brand-new episode —not even on store shelves yet — called "Veggies in Space: The Fennel Frontier." We would need a 600 word review of the show that includes both a summary of the plot and your (and/or your kids) thoughts on it. What makes it work? Why is it funny for kids and/or parents? Does it keep the winning Veggie tradition going? That sort of thing. Message me if you are interested and please include your mailing address. If I get more than one request, I'll draw names. Go!
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Taunted By Bullies Are More Likely To Consider, Attempt Suicide.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Safe Healthcare is as Simple as These Quick Questions.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Assess How Well You and Your Spouse Make Decisions as Friends.
- Brad Andres published the blogpost Jesus as the Son of God and Disciples as Real People (Movie Review).
- Mike Kim published the blogpost #03: Three Crucial Things to Consider When Creating A Business Logo [Podcast].
- George BullardMarch 12th: Transform Congregations By Increasing Your Dependence on God #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/03/march-12th-transform-congregations-by-increasing-your-dependence-on-god-365ssiftc.html
- Eric Speir published the blogpost Steps Are For People And Leaps Are For Frogs (Here’s why!).
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Featured Friend: Annetta Bosakova & FREE Printable!.
- Diane Paddison published the blogpost Bridging the Generation Gap:: Embracing Mentorship.
- Judy Douglass published the blogpost Done Is Better Than Perfect–Guest Post by Ken Cochrum.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost How the Gospel Makes Us Productive: My Interview on Faith Radio.
- Anita Palmer just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jenni Ingram just moved in. Take time to say hey.