E.T. and the Bible
So, the Bible doesn't really overtly touch on the topic of extraterrestrial life (other than spiritual beings), you say? Does that mean that Christians are free choose to believe or not to believe in aliens? I'll do my best to answer that question and more in the following paragraphs.
In order to adequately answer this question I'll need to provide you with a few pieces of information, because the answer really is primarily derived from a good understanding of biblical theology.
A) The current state of deterioration, matter and energy moving steadily and surely from order to disorder, the entire universe speeding headlong into utter chaos; better known as entropy (the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics), is not how God originally created the cosmos. Since we read, in Genesis chapter one, that everything He made was very good, and that death and decay didn't enter onto the scene until the first (of many) big human blunder, we can determine rather quickly that the universe was not experiencing this state of decay, which is directly associated with the Curse, prior to the Fall of man.
B) Because God is righteous and just His very nature would prevent Him from inflicting the punishment for man's original sin on some unsuspecting race of A.L.F.s on some other planet in some other solar system and some other galaxy, across the universe from Earth.
C) If the Bible teaches both A and B, which it does, the only viable (biblically speaking) options as to the existence of sentient life on other planets is either, 1. There isn't any, or 2. There may be, but if they do exist then they must live on a planet or in a solar system, galaxy, or some other spacial distinction within a bubble which shields them from the effects of the Curse (i.e., entropy) which is a universal constant. If there was no bubble then God would not be just because they would be suffering under the same curse as we do here on Earth. I understand that this scenario sounds ridiculous. That's because it is. The Bible, while not mentioning the topic, simply doesn't allow for the existence of sentient life forms outside of the human race.
The whole idea of Jesus Christ as a kinsman redeemer ties into this. In a follow-up blog I will quickly present an overview of the goel, the kinsman redeemer. I'll use the situation found in the Book of Ruth because it is the best and most beautiful description found anywhere.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone, lovingly known as Gus
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia Carter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May Jesus Christ Be The Ultimate Treasure We Always Seek by Debbie Harris..
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Father Who Can We Graciously And Humbly Walk Beside Today Just To Love by Debbie Harris.
- Bryce Johnson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 13 Resources For Ministry Leaders Who Struggle with Porn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Expert Reveals Biggest Concern About Youngsters And Social Media.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Half (54%) Of US Teens Think Life Would Be Better Without Social Media.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Roy Lichtenstein's Most Popular Painting is Displayed.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost After Confronting Campus Bully, HS Football Player Gets Suspended.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Conservative Student Is Victim Of ‘Racist Rape Apologist’ Attack Fliers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Yik Yak app Putting Teens Behind Bars, Police Warn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Hearing That Things Can Change Helps Teens Dodge Depression.
- Andrew Shivers just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost GIVEAWAY: Win a Framed “The Fault in Our Stars” FULL SIZE Movie Poster [Winner Chosen].
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost ‘Boxtrolls:’ Incredible Animation, Charmless Story.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Dad Lip-Syncs Daughter's Tantrum.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost SOTW: ‘Chasing After The Wind’ by Alan Powell (Free Friday Download).
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Drive Video: If You Want Engagement, Self-Direction is Better.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW: The Unexpected Earl by Philippa Jane Keyworth.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Seminary Dropout 55: Gary Black Jr. – Co-author of The Divine Conspiracy Continued.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost ‘Believe Me': Alum’s thought-provoking film now in theaters.
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost Stress Kills!!! Here's 3 Ways To Do Something About It.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost How The New Fall TV Season Reminds Me Of The Gospel.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Suffering Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Personal Responsibility Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost 20 Approaches to Battling Depression-Anxiety as Suffering.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Hellion’ is A Wild, Family-Driven Ride Worth Taking.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ is Cool, Uncommitted.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Pieces Together a Winning Team.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Talking about cancer on WFAA’s ‘Two Chairs’ series.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Get Excited: New ‘Believe Me’ Trailer Validates Everything We Thought.
- solomon david published the blogpost Micromax Canvas Nitro Launched for Rs 12,990 in India.
- solomon david published the blogpost 20 Mobile (iOS, Android) App & Web Prototyping Tools – Part2.