No More Sorrow, No More Pain
If you frequently visit my little slice of the internet here, then you are probably expecting a Video of the Week today. Well I will not disappoint, there is a video after the break. But before we get to that, I wanted to take a moment to explain my choice of video for today.
One of my favorite southern gospel songs is “Alpha and Omega” by the Gaither Vocal Band. One of the reasons that I like this song so much is that my son and I have been singing this song together for about 7 or 8 years now. We have performed this song many times, too many in his opinion, but to me it is “our” song and I always enjoy the opportunity to sing it with him whenever we are given the opportunity.
Another reason that I consider this song one of my favorites is that no matter how bad things may seem or how down in the dumps I am, I can get in my car, turn the stereo up, and start singing. Whenever I do this, I finish with a smile on my face and the conviction to face whatever I may be facing at the time.
The reason for this is that this song reminds us of a very important message that John wrote down for us in the book of Revelation. He reminds us that there are greater things waiting for us after we finish our time here on earth. In case you aren’t familiar with John’s writing or the lyrics to this song, I thought that today I would share the song lyrics with you. (And if you are familiar with the song, feel free to sing along with me.)
I heard a great voice out of heaven saying
Behold the tabernacle of God is with men
He shall dwell with them and they shall be His people
And Almighty God will be with them.
He shall wipe away all tears from their eyes
There shall be no more death
Neither sorrow, nor crying, and no more pain
The former things are all passed away
He that sat upon the throne said,
“Behold, I make all things new”
He said unto me, “Write these words
For they are faithful and true”
That is what God promises us. He promises us a life with Him, a life in which there will be nothing but joy, no sorrow, no pain, no death. He promises us a life in communion with Him. He will dwell with us and we will be His people. If that doesn’t put a smile on your face then you might need to go back to the beginning and start all over again because you have missed something.
But I know that there are some out there in our world today that are skeptical. You may be thinking, “This sounds good but how do I know that it is true?” Well, that’s easy, John told us why right in this same book of Revelation. But the second half of this song explains it to us as well, so I will finish singing you this song. (use your imagination, I’m sure you can hear me, I sound just like the Gaither Vocal Band – at least in my own mind.)
He is the Alpha and Omega
The Beginning and the End
The Son of God, the King of Kings
Lord of Lords, He’s Everything
How awesome is that? He’s Everything!
The Prince of Peace is He
The Son of Man, Seed of Abraham
Second Person in the Trinity
This is why we can count on the promises that God made to us through the writings of John. This is why we know that there is a greater life waiting for us. That is why we know that any suffering that we must endure in this life is just a small price to pay for the glory that we will witness and enjoy when we are called home. When facing these challenges and situations it is sometimes easy for us to lose sight of what lies ahead.
When faced with circumstances where everything looks bleak, just take a moment to sing this song in your head (or out loud if you are brave). I know that you will walk away with a smile on your face and a little pep in your step.
I promised you a video, so here is the Gaither Vocal Band performing Alpha and Omega.
Do you have a song that you sing to lift your spirits?
Alpha and Omega lyrics © Gaither Vocal Band
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost No. 10 Baylor football opens 2014 with highest preseason ranking since 1957.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost What critics are saying about Amy Grants remix project.
- Heather Riggleman published the blogpost Quinoa & Black Beans with Butternut Squash – A perfect fall recipe.
- Bronwyn Lea published the blogpost When you say I can’t wear a bikini, this is what you’re also saying… .
- Kelley Mathews published the article Great Programs + Zero Personal Contact = Swing and a Miss!.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Millennials: Bringing Back Entrepreneurship in America.
- Kelley Mathews published the article 'Ordinary Miracles: Awakening to the Holy Work of Parenting' [Review].
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost High School and Middle School, Oh My! – Back To School 2014.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost The scoop on salt: You’re probably eating too much.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Why Peer-To-Peer Selling Is Taking Off And What Companies Can Learn From It.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost New Toyota Minivan Will Make It Easier For Drivers To Yell At Their Kids.
- Nils Smith published the blogpost Vemory automagically finds and recreates your best memories.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost What You Should Know About Gen Z And Branded Video.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Consumerism: Ways Brands Can Harness The Wonderful Power Of Teens.
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost Christian Reflections on Lust, Modesty, and Beauty (Part 7): Lust and Responsibility.
- solomon david published the blogpost Magento Fashion Template Development Services From Leading Company India.
- Steve Perky published the blogpost How Will Google’s “Classroom” Change Discipleship? [Video].
- Steve Perky published the blogpost Church’s Website – Content to Connection [Snippet].
- Steve Perky published the blogpost Our modern idea of generations is overrated [Quote].
- Steve Perky published the blogpost Simple Church: Returning to God’s Process for Making Disciples [Book].
- Steve Perky published the blogpost Create Crossword Puzzles to Disciple Children [Video].
- Steve Perky published the blogpost The New .CHURCH Domain Name: Why It Matters To Your Church.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Jars of Clay celebrates career milestone with ’20′.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost Quote by Brad Gray on God’s desires for our failures. [Quote].
- andrea castrillon just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- solomon david published the blogpost How to Choose Best Mobile OS for First Gaming Apps.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost Have You Ever Cut Your Nose Off To Spite Your Face?.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 17 Practices Of Highly Successful Leaders: Little League head coach Dave Belisle.
- John Peterson published the blogpost You Don’t Have to Be Retired to Rest and Enjoy Life.
- Kelley Mathews published the article 14 Ways for Christian Parents to Teach Kids about Atheism.
- George Bullard published the blogpost Can Missional Congregations Outrun Their Supply Lines?.
- Kelley Mathews published the article When Your House is Dirty and Your Kids are Screaming, Why Care About Ferguson?.