No More Sorrow, No More Pain
If you frequently visit my little slice of the internet here, then you are probably expecting a Video of the Week today. Well I will not disappoint, there is a video after the break. But before we get to that, I wanted to take a moment to explain my choice of video for today.
One of my favorite southern gospel songs is “Alpha and Omega” by the Gaither Vocal Band. One of the reasons that I like this song so much is that my son and I have been singing this song together for about 7 or 8 years now. We have performed this song many times, too many in his opinion, but to me it is “our” song and I always enjoy the opportunity to sing it with him whenever we are given the opportunity.
Another reason that I consider this song one of my favorites is that no matter how bad things may seem or how down in the dumps I am, I can get in my car, turn the stereo up, and start singing. Whenever I do this, I finish with a smile on my face and the conviction to face whatever I may be facing at the time.
The reason for this is that this song reminds us of a very important message that John wrote down for us in the book of Revelation. He reminds us that there are greater things waiting for us after we finish our time here on earth. In case you aren’t familiar with John’s writing or the lyrics to this song, I thought that today I would share the song lyrics with you. (And if you are familiar with the song, feel free to sing along with me.)
I heard a great voice out of heaven saying
Behold the tabernacle of God is with men
He shall dwell with them and they shall be His people
And Almighty God will be with them.
He shall wipe away all tears from their eyes
There shall be no more death
Neither sorrow, nor crying, and no more pain
The former things are all passed away
He that sat upon the throne said,
“Behold, I make all things new”
He said unto me, “Write these words
For they are faithful and true”
That is what God promises us. He promises us a life with Him, a life in which there will be nothing but joy, no sorrow, no pain, no death. He promises us a life in communion with Him. He will dwell with us and we will be His people. If that doesn’t put a smile on your face then you might need to go back to the beginning and start all over again because you have missed something.
But I know that there are some out there in our world today that are skeptical. You may be thinking, “This sounds good but how do I know that it is true?” Well, that’s easy, John told us why right in this same book of Revelation. But the second half of this song explains it to us as well, so I will finish singing you this song. (use your imagination, I’m sure you can hear me, I sound just like the Gaither Vocal Band – at least in my own mind.)
He is the Alpha and Omega
The Beginning and the End
The Son of God, the King of Kings
Lord of Lords, He’s Everything
How awesome is that? He’s Everything!
The Prince of Peace is He
The Son of Man, Seed of Abraham
Second Person in the Trinity
This is why we can count on the promises that God made to us through the writings of John. This is why we know that there is a greater life waiting for us. That is why we know that any suffering that we must endure in this life is just a small price to pay for the glory that we will witness and enjoy when we are called home. When facing these challenges and situations it is sometimes easy for us to lose sight of what lies ahead.
When faced with circumstances where everything looks bleak, just take a moment to sing this song in your head (or out loud if you are brave). I know that you will walk away with a smile on your face and a little pep in your step.
I promised you a video, so here is the Gaither Vocal Band performing Alpha and Omega.
Do you have a song that you sing to lift your spirits?
Alpha and Omega lyrics © Gaither Vocal Band
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia Carter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May Jesus Christ Be The Ultimate Treasure We Always Seek by Debbie Harris..
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Father Who Can We Graciously And Humbly Walk Beside Today Just To Love by Debbie Harris.
- Bryce Johnson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 13 Resources For Ministry Leaders Who Struggle with Porn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Expert Reveals Biggest Concern About Youngsters And Social Media.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Half (54%) Of US Teens Think Life Would Be Better Without Social Media.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Roy Lichtenstein's Most Popular Painting is Displayed.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost After Confronting Campus Bully, HS Football Player Gets Suspended.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Conservative Student Is Victim Of ‘Racist Rape Apologist’ Attack Fliers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Yik Yak app Putting Teens Behind Bars, Police Warn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Hearing That Things Can Change Helps Teens Dodge Depression.
- Andrew Shivers just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost GIVEAWAY: Win a Framed “The Fault in Our Stars” FULL SIZE Movie Poster [Winner Chosen].
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost ‘Boxtrolls:’ Incredible Animation, Charmless Story.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Dad Lip-Syncs Daughter's Tantrum.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost SOTW: ‘Chasing After The Wind’ by Alan Powell (Free Friday Download).
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Drive Video: If You Want Engagement, Self-Direction is Better.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW: The Unexpected Earl by Philippa Jane Keyworth.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Seminary Dropout 55: Gary Black Jr. – Co-author of The Divine Conspiracy Continued.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost ‘Believe Me': Alum’s thought-provoking film now in theaters.
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost Stress Kills!!! Here's 3 Ways To Do Something About It.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost How The New Fall TV Season Reminds Me Of The Gospel.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Suffering Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Personal Responsibility Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost 20 Approaches to Battling Depression-Anxiety as Suffering.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Hellion’ is A Wild, Family-Driven Ride Worth Taking.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ is Cool, Uncommitted.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Pieces Together a Winning Team.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Talking about cancer on WFAA’s ‘Two Chairs’ series.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Get Excited: New ‘Believe Me’ Trailer Validates Everything We Thought.
- solomon david published the blogpost Micromax Canvas Nitro Launched for Rs 12,990 in India.
- solomon david published the blogpost 20 Mobile (iOS, Android) App & Web Prototyping Tools – Part2.