No More Sorrow, No More Pain
If you frequently visit my little slice of the internet here, then you are probably expecting a Video of the Week today. Well I will not disappoint, there is a video after the break. But before we get to that, I wanted to take a moment to explain my choice of video for today.
One of my favorite southern gospel songs is “Alpha and Omega” by the Gaither Vocal Band. One of the reasons that I like this song so much is that my son and I have been singing this song together for about 7 or 8 years now. We have performed this song many times, too many in his opinion, but to me it is “our” song and I always enjoy the opportunity to sing it with him whenever we are given the opportunity.
Another reason that I consider this song one of my favorites is that no matter how bad things may seem or how down in the dumps I am, I can get in my car, turn the stereo up, and start singing. Whenever I do this, I finish with a smile on my face and the conviction to face whatever I may be facing at the time.
The reason for this is that this song reminds us of a very important message that John wrote down for us in the book of Revelation. He reminds us that there are greater things waiting for us after we finish our time here on earth. In case you aren’t familiar with John’s writing or the lyrics to this song, I thought that today I would share the song lyrics with you. (And if you are familiar with the song, feel free to sing along with me.)
I heard a great voice out of heaven saying
Behold the tabernacle of God is with men
He shall dwell with them and they shall be His people
And Almighty God will be with them.
He shall wipe away all tears from their eyes
There shall be no more death
Neither sorrow, nor crying, and no more pain
The former things are all passed away
He that sat upon the throne said,
“Behold, I make all things new”
He said unto me, “Write these words
For they are faithful and true”
That is what God promises us. He promises us a life with Him, a life in which there will be nothing but joy, no sorrow, no pain, no death. He promises us a life in communion with Him. He will dwell with us and we will be His people. If that doesn’t put a smile on your face then you might need to go back to the beginning and start all over again because you have missed something.
But I know that there are some out there in our world today that are skeptical. You may be thinking, “This sounds good but how do I know that it is true?” Well, that’s easy, John told us why right in this same book of Revelation. But the second half of this song explains it to us as well, so I will finish singing you this song. (use your imagination, I’m sure you can hear me, I sound just like the Gaither Vocal Band – at least in my own mind.)
He is the Alpha and Omega
The Beginning and the End
The Son of God, the King of Kings
Lord of Lords, He’s Everything
How awesome is that? He’s Everything!
The Prince of Peace is He
The Son of Man, Seed of Abraham
Second Person in the Trinity
This is why we can count on the promises that God made to us through the writings of John. This is why we know that there is a greater life waiting for us. That is why we know that any suffering that we must endure in this life is just a small price to pay for the glory that we will witness and enjoy when we are called home. When facing these challenges and situations it is sometimes easy for us to lose sight of what lies ahead.
When faced with circumstances where everything looks bleak, just take a moment to sing this song in your head (or out loud if you are brave). I know that you will walk away with a smile on your face and a little pep in your step.
I promised you a video, so here is the Gaither Vocal Band performing Alpha and Omega.
Do you have a song that you sing to lift your spirits?
Alpha and Omega lyrics © Gaither Vocal Band
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of April 14th.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost When Parents Are The Ones Too Distracted By Devices.
- Claudia Kirkpatrick just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Brian Jones published the blogpost Best of the Blogosphere for the Week of April 14th.
- Serena Rice published the blogpost Broken Body, Resurrection Hope: Day 18 of the April Poetry Challenge.
- Greg Atkinson published the blogpost DJ Chuang Discusses Social Media and the Church with Greg Atkinson.
- George BullardApril 18th Transform Congregations By Having Buildings for the Community More Than the Church #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-18th-transform-congregations-by-having-buildings-for-the-community-more-than-the-church-365ssiftc.html
- George BullardApril 17th Transform Congregations By Connecting Missional, Disciplemaking, and Attracting #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-17th-transform-congregations-by-connecting-missional-disciplemaking-and-attracting-365ssiftc.html
- George BullardApril 16th Transform Congregations By Making a Pathway New People to Come #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-16th-transform-congregations-by-making-a-pathway-new-people-to-come-365ssiftc.html
- Haileigh Pittsley just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- monsy Varghese just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Katty Williams
am Mrs Katty Williams,am 57yrs old and am
missionary mother,i came into missionary work
through my late husband,we go around to visit the
less privileges one and preach the word of God,and
help the homeless ones too and feed them.i like
meet people around to share the word of God And
share these missionary works with them.my hobbies
are swimming,going for camping,visit the homeless
one ans build a place for them to lay there head
and provide for them...
- solomon david published the blogpost Windows Phone 8.1 Now Supports with Apple’s Passbook Passes.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Tips for Creating an Awesome E-Newsletter – Courtney Gordner.
- Mary DeMuth published the blogpost 13 Quotes that Changed the Way I View my Writing Career.
- Chuck Helmer just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jed Davis published the blogpost How To Overcome The Resistance & Become The Professional Of Your Dreams.
- Erik Hand just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost MOM SEEKS GOD Kindle HDX Giveaway & “Moms’ May Day” Facebook Party with @JuliaLRoller.
- Matt Russell just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jesse Butterworth just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Robert DeMuth just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Carmen Mendez just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jon StallingsWashing of feet a duty of a lowly slave, a final meal, tearful prayer in a garden, betrayal, forsaken by friends – Maundy Thursday