No More Sorrow, No More Pain
If you frequently visit my little slice of the internet here, then you are probably expecting a Video of the Week today. Well I will not disappoint, there is a video after the break. But before we get to that, I wanted to take a moment to explain my choice of video for today.
One of my favorite southern gospel songs is “Alpha and Omega” by the Gaither Vocal Band. One of the reasons that I like this song so much is that my son and I have been singing this song together for about 7 or 8 years now. We have performed this song many times, too many in his opinion, but to me it is “our” song and I always enjoy the opportunity to sing it with him whenever we are given the opportunity.
Another reason that I consider this song one of my favorites is that no matter how bad things may seem or how down in the dumps I am, I can get in my car, turn the stereo up, and start singing. Whenever I do this, I finish with a smile on my face and the conviction to face whatever I may be facing at the time.
The reason for this is that this song reminds us of a very important message that John wrote down for us in the book of Revelation. He reminds us that there are greater things waiting for us after we finish our time here on earth. In case you aren’t familiar with John’s writing or the lyrics to this song, I thought that today I would share the song lyrics with you. (And if you are familiar with the song, feel free to sing along with me.)
I heard a great voice out of heaven saying
Behold the tabernacle of God is with men
He shall dwell with them and they shall be His people
And Almighty God will be with them.
He shall wipe away all tears from their eyes
There shall be no more death
Neither sorrow, nor crying, and no more pain
The former things are all passed away
He that sat upon the throne said,
“Behold, I make all things new”
He said unto me, “Write these words
For they are faithful and true”
That is what God promises us. He promises us a life with Him, a life in which there will be nothing but joy, no sorrow, no pain, no death. He promises us a life in communion with Him. He will dwell with us and we will be His people. If that doesn’t put a smile on your face then you might need to go back to the beginning and start all over again because you have missed something.
But I know that there are some out there in our world today that are skeptical. You may be thinking, “This sounds good but how do I know that it is true?” Well, that’s easy, John told us why right in this same book of Revelation. But the second half of this song explains it to us as well, so I will finish singing you this song. (use your imagination, I’m sure you can hear me, I sound just like the Gaither Vocal Band – at least in my own mind.)
He is the Alpha and Omega
The Beginning and the End
The Son of God, the King of Kings
Lord of Lords, He’s Everything
How awesome is that? He’s Everything!
The Prince of Peace is He
The Son of Man, Seed of Abraham
Second Person in the Trinity
This is why we can count on the promises that God made to us through the writings of John. This is why we know that there is a greater life waiting for us. That is why we know that any suffering that we must endure in this life is just a small price to pay for the glory that we will witness and enjoy when we are called home. When facing these challenges and situations it is sometimes easy for us to lose sight of what lies ahead.
When faced with circumstances where everything looks bleak, just take a moment to sing this song in your head (or out loud if you are brave). I know that you will walk away with a smile on your face and a little pep in your step.
I promised you a video, so here is the Gaither Vocal Band performing Alpha and Omega.
Do you have a song that you sing to lift your spirits?
Alpha and Omega lyrics © Gaither Vocal Band
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 10 Characteristics Of Effective Church Communications.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost 'An Evening of One Acts': Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: an explanation from the crazy crying lady at the park.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: when the hands and feet of God stink and hurt, respectively.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: "christian" - better as a noun, not an adjective.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Christian band All Things New drops new EP ‘Attic Sessions’.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost Write Tribe Blog Carnival - What if You Were Not Afraid?.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May We Always Speak Words Of Life And Healing by Debbie Harris.
- lucy santoshey.. I am lucy...
- Jonalyn Fincher published the blogpost The Spiritual Practice of Friendship (not just Chemistry).
- lucy santos just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost Make Every Day A Celebration With Spellbinders Celebra’tions Collection + A Giveaway.
- Kelley Mathews published the article "Egalitarian" and "Complementarian": What's the Main Difference?.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost What killed the dinosaurs? Baylor geology researcher part of new study.
- John Bucher published the blogpost My Theories About Who Killed Gladys on HBO’s site Watchingtheleftovers.com.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost Next Up Podcast: 3 Ways to Live & Lead in The Moment (Episode 6).
- George BullardFeatured TCP Book for July 30th: A Divine Assignment: The Missiology of Wendell Clay Somerville http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/1603500073
- George BullardFREE TCP eBook July 30th Only! Seeing Jesus in the City http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/B00AVJKOSS
- George BullardJuly 30th: Transform Congregations By Death and Resurrection #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/07/july-30th-transform-congregations-by-death-and-resurrection-365ssiftc.html
- Amy Young published the blogpost Pay it forward (part two — You must meet these people!).
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost ‘There would be no point in faith if it wasn’t tested’ – Jennifer Hudson.
- Brad Andres published the blogpost Would Your Christianity Survive in Other Parts of the World?.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Don’t have your life all figured out? Then read this….