The Blue Like Jazz Movie Non-Review
I read the book Blue Like Jazz several years ago. When I think about it, I find it odd that I found it in a Lifeway Christian Bookstore. It just doesn’t feel like something that a good, Baptist bookstore would sell. Or that a good, Baptist boy would read. Since I’m not a good Baptist boy, I guess that makes it alright.
I would have never dreamed that Blue Like Jazz would have been made into a movie. That never entered my mind. I was just enthralled with the journey that Don Miller took and the odd characters that he ran into.
Now that it has been made into a movie, I have read several reviews. A lot of my fellow bloggers have been to see it. Alas, I cannot find it anywhere near me through Fandango. I live in the mountains of East Tennessee and, if correct, Georgia has the nearest theaters showing it.
So, I will have to wait. I know that there are people buying tickets to support Don and Steve Taylor (Hey Steve! I want to be a clone). I will buy it on DVD when it comes out.
I’m sure that Blue Like Jazz will face its fair share of critics within the Christian community. If you like your Christian movies all neat and tidy with a happy, predictable endings, go see this movie. That won’t be what you get, but go see it anyway.
If you don’t mind your Christian movie being full of odd characters, a bit of bad language and questionable themes, then go see this movie.
Buy it on DVD when it comes out.
Tell your friends about it.
Watch it early and often.
What will happen is you will experience a real Christian going through what a lot of real Christians go through.
Have you seen Blue Like Jazz? Did you read the book? What did you think?
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 10 Characteristics Of Effective Church Communications.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost 'An Evening of One Acts': Two Out of Three Ain’t Bad.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: an explanation from the crazy crying lady at the park.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: when the hands and feet of God stink and hurt, respectively.
- Nicole Webb published the blogpost re: "christian" - better as a noun, not an adjective.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Christian band All Things New drops new EP ‘Attic Sessions’.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost Write Tribe Blog Carnival - What if You Were Not Afraid?.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May We Always Speak Words Of Life And Healing by Debbie Harris.
- lucy santoshey.. I am lucy...
- Jonalyn Fincher published the blogpost The Spiritual Practice of Friendship (not just Chemistry).
- lucy santos just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost Make Every Day A Celebration With Spellbinders Celebra’tions Collection + A Giveaway.
- Kelley Mathews published the article "Egalitarian" and "Complementarian": What's the Main Difference?.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost What killed the dinosaurs? Baylor geology researcher part of new study.
- John Bucher published the blogpost My Theories About Who Killed Gladys on HBO’s site Watchingtheleftovers.com.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost Next Up Podcast: 3 Ways to Live & Lead in The Moment (Episode 6).
- George BullardFeatured TCP Book for July 30th: A Divine Assignment: The Missiology of Wendell Clay Somerville http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/1603500073
- George BullardFREE TCP eBook July 30th Only! Seeing Jesus in the City http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/B00AVJKOSS
- George BullardJuly 30th: Transform Congregations By Death and Resurrection #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/07/july-30th-transform-congregations-by-death-and-resurrection-365ssiftc.html
- Amy Young published the blogpost Pay it forward (part two — You must meet these people!).
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost ‘There would be no point in faith if it wasn’t tested’ – Jennifer Hudson.
- Brad Andres published the blogpost Would Your Christianity Survive in Other Parts of the World?.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Don’t have your life all figured out? Then read this….