The Blue Like Jazz Movie Non-Review
I read the book Blue Like Jazz several years ago. When I think about it, I find it odd that I found it in a Lifeway Christian Bookstore. It just doesn’t feel like something that a good, Baptist bookstore would sell. Or that a good, Baptist boy would read. Since I’m not a good Baptist boy, I guess that makes it alright.
I would have never dreamed that Blue Like Jazz would have been made into a movie. That never entered my mind. I was just enthralled with the journey that Don Miller took and the odd characters that he ran into.
Now that it has been made into a movie, I have read several reviews. A lot of my fellow bloggers have been to see it. Alas, I cannot find it anywhere near me through Fandango. I live in the mountains of East Tennessee and, if correct, Georgia has the nearest theaters showing it.
So, I will have to wait. I know that there are people buying tickets to support Don and Steve Taylor (Hey Steve! I want to be a clone). I will buy it on DVD when it comes out.
I’m sure that Blue Like Jazz will face its fair share of critics within the Christian community. If you like your Christian movies all neat and tidy with a happy, predictable endings, go see this movie. That won’t be what you get, but go see it anyway.
If you don’t mind your Christian movie being full of odd characters, a bit of bad language and questionable themes, then go see this movie.
Buy it on DVD when it comes out.
Tell your friends about it.
Watch it early and often.
What will happen is you will experience a real Christian going through what a lot of real Christians go through.
Have you seen Blue Like Jazz? Did you read the book? What did you think?
- Edgar Galdamez published the blogpost The Life of a Pastor: Service, Stress, Solitude, Sacrifice.
- George Bullard published the blogpost Are Millennials Different than Baby Boomers 40 Years Ago?.
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost A Review of “Loss of Sadness” by Allan Horwitz and Jerome Wakefield.
- Patricia Hunter published the blogpost Labor Day::thankful for the gift of work and the labor of love....
- Lee Sah Lim published the blogpost Bangkok IV: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market And MBK Center.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Psalm 88 Sermon Follow Up: “Will Life Ever Get Better?”.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Are You Engaged With Teenagers Where They’re Growing Spiritually?.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 5 Roles Youth Workers Play In The Lives Of Teenagers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 6 Tips for Creating Structure and Boundaries in Ministry.
- Kelly Balarie published the blogpost Bible Verses for Perfectionists: Finding Your True Worth.
- solomon david published the blogpost 6 Must to Have Skills That Every Magento Store Developer Should Consider.
- solomon david published the blogpost Cloud Gaming Fun With Microsoft’s DeLorean Available Soon.
- solomon david published the blogpost 6 Amazing Paid iPhone Applications that Available for Free Right Now.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Tim Ferriss on the Importance of Being Unconventional.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Journey To The High Places: On The Shores of Loneliness (Week 7).
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Labor Day, Your Marriage, and Your Family – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Judy Douglass published the blogpost How We Got Here: Live Alive Guest Post by Jordan Stroman.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 14 Practices Of Senior Pastors Who Grow Great Churches.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Are Getting Pickier About The Brands They Display On Their Clothes.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost Two Prayers That Will Inspire And Provoke The Soul.
- Martin KnoxGood bye, Faith Village. Thank you, Brad Russell, for what you have contributed to the work of the Kingdom.
- Greg Flagg published the blogpost Prayer for the Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost (Ordinary Time).
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Florida City Makes It Illegal to Wear Your Pants Too Low.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost MTV Bloodstained Hypocrisy of Hollywood’s Violence Profiteers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Marine Just Issued An Epic Challenge To The Black Community And The Ferguson Rioters.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Who Skimp On Sleep May Face Later Obesity Risk.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Study: Parental Incarceration May Be Worse Than Divorce.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Video Helps Gay Teen Disowned By Christian Parents Raise $90,000.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments | Do You Pick a Church Like You Pick A Restaurant?.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments | Do You Pick a Church Like You Pick A Restaurant?.