The Blue Like Jazz Movie Non-Review
I read the book Blue Like Jazz several years ago. When I think about it, I find it odd that I found it in a Lifeway Christian Bookstore. It just doesn’t feel like something that a good, Baptist bookstore would sell. Or that a good, Baptist boy would read. Since I’m not a good Baptist boy, I guess that makes it alright.
I would have never dreamed that Blue Like Jazz would have been made into a movie. That never entered my mind. I was just enthralled with the journey that Don Miller took and the odd characters that he ran into.
Now that it has been made into a movie, I have read several reviews. A lot of my fellow bloggers have been to see it. Alas, I cannot find it anywhere near me through Fandango. I live in the mountains of East Tennessee and, if correct, Georgia has the nearest theaters showing it.
So, I will have to wait. I know that there are people buying tickets to support Don and Steve Taylor (Hey Steve! I want to be a clone). I will buy it on DVD when it comes out.
I’m sure that Blue Like Jazz will face its fair share of critics within the Christian community. If you like your Christian movies all neat and tidy with a happy, predictable endings, go see this movie. That won’t be what you get, but go see it anyway.
If you don’t mind your Christian movie being full of odd characters, a bit of bad language and questionable themes, then go see this movie.
Buy it on DVD when it comes out.
Tell your friends about it.
Watch it early and often.
What will happen is you will experience a real Christian going through what a lot of real Christians go through.
Have you seen Blue Like Jazz? Did you read the book? What did you think?
- John Peterson published the blogpost You Don’t Have to Be Retired to Rest and Enjoy Life.
- Kelley Mathews published the article 14 Ways for Christian Parents to Teach Kids about Atheism.
- George Bullard published the blogpost Can Missional Congregations Outrun Their Supply Lines?.
- Kelley Mathews published the article When Your House is Dirty and Your Kids are Screaming, Why Care About Ferguson?.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: What if Michael Bay had Directed "UP.".
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Watch: Capital Kings new music video and single ‘Fireblazin’.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost ‘…I remember going to church and getting angry’ – E! News Giuliana Rancic.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Stream Thousand Foot Krutch’s new album ‘OXYGEN:INHALE’ in its entirety.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost In Perfect Time by @SarahSundin | Enter to win a Kindle HDX and a set of books!.
- Kelley Mathews published the article Four Truths to Hold Onto When Family Members Don’t Change.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Mom Comes Up With An app That Locks Her Kids’ Phones Until They Call Her Back.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teen Siblings Create App to Monitor Police Activity.
- Courtney Rowland published the blogpost Tomato and Corn Chopped Salad with Cilantro Ranch Dressing.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost How to Lead and Leverage the Opportunities in Difficult Times.
- Mike Mobley published the blogpost Top 10 Things I’ve Learned in 10 Years of Marriage.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Summit, SEBTS, & Bridgehaven Partner to Offer Biblical Counseling Certificate.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost 3 Lessons About Life From the Big Bang Theory TV Show.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost The 13-Step Plan to Run a World-Class Bad Meeting – Glenn Brooke.
- solomon david published the blogpost Guide to WordPress Affiliate Store Development With Different Methods.
- Brandon Swafford just moved in. Take time to say hey.