- Frank Schaeffer: An Evangelical Homophobic Anti-Woman leader passes on
- Christianity Today: Remembering Charles Colson, a Man Transformed (among others)
- The Christian Post: Christian Leaders Remember Their Hero Chuck Colson Among Media Skepticism (among others)
- Get Religion: On Chuck Colson: Can Reporters See Past Watergate?
- Internet Monk: Eulogies and Dyslogies for Charles Colson
I don't really have much to add; I didn't know the man and was born in the aftermath of Watergate. My politics in general aligned with his, though I bristle at the notion of a Religious Right. I included Schaeffer's controversial post above to point out that not everyone sees the man the same way and politics often cloud our perspectives.
The legacy I want to focus on however, has nothing to do with politics per se. I knew the name, and associated it with the Religious Right, but it wasn't until I started to listen to his daily radio program, Breakpoint, that I really began to take notice. When I started this blog, Colson's words from his program and from his colleagues on his website, were in the back of my mind when I named it Public Christianity: The Opposite PC. You may have disagreed with…