- Frank Schaeffer: An Evangelical Homophobic Anti-Woman leader passes on
- Christianity Today: Remembering Charles Colson, a Man Transformed (among others)
- The Christian Post: Christian Leaders Remember Their Hero Chuck Colson Among Media Skepticism (among others)
- Get Religion: On Chuck Colson: Can Reporters See Past Watergate?
- Internet Monk: Eulogies and Dyslogies for Charles Colson
I don't really have much to add; I didn't know the man and was born in the aftermath of Watergate. My politics in general aligned with his, though I bristle at the notion of a Religious Right. I included Schaeffer's controversial post above to point out that not everyone sees the man the same way and politics often cloud our perspectives.
The legacy I want to focus on however, has nothing to do with politics per se. I knew the name, and associated it with the Religious Right, but it wasn't until I started to listen to his daily radio program, Breakpoint, that I really began to take notice. When I started this blog, Colson's words from his program and from his colleagues on his website, were in the back of my mind when I named it Public Christianity: The Opposite PC. You may have disagreed with…
- Marie Trotter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Is Andi's final pick the dramatic decision ABC teases it to be?.
- Jon Stallings“What we don’t want are Christians who admirably try to relive suffering in the world, but are indifferent toward eternal suffering. Every Christian engaged in mission – be it medical, educational, agricultural, or just plain being a good neighbor – should care about real-life pain and long for opportunities to share the good news that every person needs to hear.” – Kevin DeYoung
- George Krickl published the blogpost Poor in Spirit: Moses – Experiencing the Presence of God.
- Kersley Fitzgerald published the blogpost No Excuse: 2 Corinthians 6 and the Wide-Open, Spacious Life.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Kidney transplant in Fort Worth strengthens brotherly bond.
- Kelley Mathews published the audio How to Be Assured of Your Salvation | Austin Stone.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Kidney transplant in Forth Worth strengthens brotherly bond.
- Kelley Mathews published the audio Welcome to a Life of Confidence | The Journey with Ron Moore.
- Kelley Mathews published the article FaithVillage Contributor Spotlight: Stephen Blandino.
- Daniel WilsonI'm back from NYC where I taught a two day training session on Wall St. Made a little money and for us that is a huge blessing. I wanted to give testimony that the Lord gave this family some income and we are grateful for all His provisions.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost 3 Tips for Working with Your Spouse and Family – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Mitzi Smith published the blogpost Back to School Shopping: Where to Spend, Where to Save.
- Sharon Eldridge just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Nathan Lile just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Doug Webster published the blogpost Evangelicalism’s PR Problem: Private Love, Public Condemnation.
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost A Review of “On the Grace of God” by Justin Holcomb.
- Kerry Messer published the blogpost No Matter What You Lost or Lose; Cling to this Truth.
- Pete HouptPsalm 33:4-5 MSG
For God ’s Word is solid to the core; everything he makes is sound inside and out. He loves it when everything fits, when his world is in plumb-line true. Earth is drenched in God ’s affectionate satisfaction.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Help for Couples Recovering from Adultery or Pornography: Video Tandem 9 of 9.
- solomon david published the blogpost How to Develop Mobile Websites? – Easy to Understand Guide.
- Mary DeMuth published the blogpost 18 – The Beautiful Difficult Power of Truth Telling.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Journey To The High Places: Fearing Invasion (Week 2).
- Edgar Galdamez published the blogpost Growing Pain: Conflict In The Church - Acts 15 part 2.
- Carol Cool published the blogpost The Lives We Lead—My Life in Middlemarch—Giveaway!.
- Heather Brown just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Erin Mielke just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Sonjia McGuire just moved in. Take time to say hey.