- Frank Schaeffer: An Evangelical Homophobic Anti-Woman leader passes on
- Christianity Today: Remembering Charles Colson, a Man Transformed (among others)
- The Christian Post: Christian Leaders Remember Their Hero Chuck Colson Among Media Skepticism (among others)
- Get Religion: On Chuck Colson: Can Reporters See Past Watergate?
- Internet Monk: Eulogies and Dyslogies for Charles Colson
I don't really have much to add; I didn't know the man and was born in the aftermath of Watergate. My politics in general aligned with his, though I bristle at the notion of a Religious Right. I included Schaeffer's controversial post above to point out that not everyone sees the man the same way and politics often cloud our perspectives.
The legacy I want to focus on however, has nothing to do with politics per se. I knew the name, and associated it with the Religious Right, but it wasn't until I started to listen to his daily radio program, Breakpoint, that I really began to take notice. When I started this blog, Colson's words from his program and from his colleagues on his website, were in the back of my mind when I named it Public Christianity: The Opposite PC. You may have disagreed with…
- Brooke Barrett just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- James Calkins published the blogpost Brief Update - Exciting But Short, Like a Shotgun Wedding, But Not Really.
- Janelle Weibelzahl published the blogpost So This Is Canada: 12 Unguarded Observations of a Returning Canadian.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Daddy and Daughter Dance to "Shake it Off".
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Alcohol Causes More Problems Than Marijuana for High School Students.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Who Smoke Marijuana Daily Face Increased Risks.
- Greg Flagg published the blogpost Prayer for the Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost (Ordinary Time).
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Christy Fitzwater | Maybe You’ve Forgotten Where to Find Peace.
- Mike Arden just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Leon Bloder published the blogpost Small Things Big Difference: Week Two - "Fix Your Thoughts".
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of September 8th.
- Cathy Bryant published the blogpost Book Review: Lessons in Faith–Learned the Hard Way.
- Alli Bonner just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost John Mark McMillan to release The Borderland Sessions Sept. 30.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Parents To Blame For Brutal Teen Mob Parking Lot Attack?.
- Patricia Hunter published the blogpost Still Saturday::to fill with stories that matter....
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Meaning of the Resurrection for Believers and the Need to Finish the Great Commission.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost In Business Relationships, People are Friends, Not Food – Daniel Kosmala.
- Patricia Hunter published the blogpost It's the one thing I'm sure I can be without fail....
- Walter Bright published the blogpost Nothing is Impossible. I Feel Like I’m Unstoppable.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Is The Walls Group the flyest Gospel group out there or what!?.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, and Sarah Sundin.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, and Sarah Sundin.
- John Rutledge published the article Big Churches, Big Bucks: Southern Senior Pastors Take Top Salaries.