Are You Still On The Right Path?
The Right Path?
Have you ever made a significant decision to follow God’s lead to do something out of the ordinary? Have you ever taken a large risk because you knew down deep that God was calling you to do it? If so, were you willing to persevere even when the path turned difficult? Did you decide to dig down and stick it out no matter what happened, because you just knew you were on the right path?
Focused On The Goal
Most business owners and leaders are in their positions due largely to their personality type. We are most often driven and ambitious to some degree. We like to push the envelope and often want to try out new ideas. We are not usually afraid of bucking the trend at least a little.
When we are applying these qualities to integrating our Christian faith into our businesses, we have the advantage. Often, the Christian walk is a difficult one, especially when done in the business world. So, our strong personalities serve us well and keep us focused on the goal.
Not The Right Path?
But what if we are not on the right path? What if we started on the right path, but God wants us to stop or change directions? Because of our ability to focus and eliminate distractions, we can miss Him speaking to us. In that case, we need a wake-up call.
A Friendly Introduction
Roughly seven years ago, a friend introduced me to a preacher from New York named Julio. At the time, it had been a long, hard year since I had turned our business upside down as a result of God’s leading.
The path was the most difficult I had ever experienced and I was struggling. At the same time, I had a core-level commitment to continue regardless of the circumstances. I was laser-focused on seeing it through. I had no doubt I was on the right path.
At the same time, I was so focused that I was not willing to listen to outside input. I knew what God had called me to do and I was going to do it. Truly, I was not concerned with the consequences as long as I accomplished what God wanted. While this can be a good mindset in some ways, in other ways it can be dangerous.
My Wake Up Call!
Enter Pastor Julio. He and I talked (more me, less him) for more than an hour about all that had transpired over the past 12 months. He listened intently and probed lightly to better understand what I was saying. At the end of the one-sided conversation, he asked if he could make an observation. I told him I was all ears!
He proceeded to tell me that he truly believed God had called me to make the changes I made. He agreed with my determination to persevere despite the tough conditions. But then he told me that he thought I was missing a key ingredient. He told me that it appeared I had…
To Be Continued…Friday!
Have you been in a similar situation?
What do you think Pastor Julio told me?
Based on what you have read so far, would you have any advice for me?
- Pete HouptThen call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory. (NLT) -Psalm 50:15
Who do you run to when you are in trouble? Perhaps your spouse, parents, or a good friend? The problem with these people is they are human and can't always rescue you or know what is best for you. God says he will rescue you... not maybe, not perhaps, but He WILL rescue you. How comforting it is to know God has your back. It's only fitting we respond with thankfulness and give God the honor He deserves. Are you in trouble? Then call on the Lord, He will be there.
- George BullardFree TCP eBook July 23rd Only! Leaving, Staying, and Becoming Well Following a Lose/Leave Conflict in Your Congregation http://astore.amazon.com/tcpresourcesstore-20/detail/B00BO0L8SS
- George BullardJuly 23rd: Transform Congregations By Asking One Another the Right Questions #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/07/july-23rd-transform-congregations-by-asking-one-another-the-right-questions-365ssiftc.html
- Kayla Bentz uploaded a photo
- Kayla Bentz created a new gallery
- Mitzi Smith published the blogpost 10 BEST Back to School Movies for Family Fun Night.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost George W. Bush’s knee surgery highlights fast joint replacement options.
- Ron Edmondson published the blogpost 10 Things I’d Do Differently if I Weren’t a Pastor Today.
- Kayla Bentz just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Children 12 And Under Are Fastest Growing Group Of Unaccompanied Minors At U.S. Border.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Flashback: 15 Sites and Apps Kids Are Heading to Beyond Facebook.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Why Seven Hours of Sleep Might Be Better Than Eight.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Help for Couples Recovering from Adultery or Pornography: Video Tandem 8 of 9.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost 52 Great Questions to Ask Your Direct Reports – Glenn Brooke.
- Jody Martin just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- George Krickl published the blogpost Poor in Spirit: Moses – The Circumstance Driven Leader.
- John Bucher published the blogpost MY LATEST on HBO’s SITE at WATCHINGTHELEFTOVERS.COM.
- Joni Foto just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- John Rutledge published the article Obama’s LGBT Federal Hiring Order Leaves Bush-era Religious Exemption in Place.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Because of Jesus Christ, There Is Always Joyous Hope by Debbie Harris.
- Kelley Mathews published the video Watch Hope Unfold in the Lives of Four Extraordinary People.
- Kelley Mathews published the video The Best Yes Small Group Bible Study | Lysa TerKeurst.
- Lindsey Wickman uploaded a photo
- Lindsey Wickman created a new gallery
- Lindsey Wickman just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jim McNeely published the blogpost Is Christianity harder than than we pretend it is?.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Tallest man in Canada stars as Goliath in upcoming ‘David and Goliath’ film.
- Melissa Morris uploaded a photo
- Melissa Morris created a new gallery
- Jed Davis published the blogpost Rejection Is Coming, Deal With It In Two Simple Steps.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost For many patients, life after intensive care includes trauma, nightmares.
- Melissa Morris just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Brittany Moore just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- John Bucher published the blogpost Six Sightings of a Yet Unseen Force at Work in THE LEFTOVERS.
- sean forte will be attending Community Life Team // Prayer and Info Bulletin Board.