Holiness is a Furnace
Holiness is the most attractive quality, the more intense experience we ever get of sheer life – authentic, firsthand living, not life looked at and enjoyed from a distance. We find ourselves in on the operations of God himself, not talking about them or reading about them. But at the very moment we find ourselves in on more than ourselves, we realize we also might very well lose ourselves. We cannot domesticate the holy. Moses didn’t take a photograph of the burning bush to take home and show his wife and children. Isaiah’s singing angels were not accompanied by a Handel oratorio, which he then purchased on a CD for later listening at his leisure. John didn’t reduce his vision of Jesus into charts which he used to entertain religious consumers with titillating views on the future.
Holiness is a furnace that transforms the men and women who get too close to it. Holy, holy, holy is not Christian needlepoint – it is the banner of a revolution, the revolution.
- Tessa Donovan just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Kelley Mathews published the article An Interview with Sam Hodges About the New Griefshare.
- Kelley Mathews published the article Picking the Right Worship Songs for Your Student Ministry.
- Jed Davis published the blogpost Customer Experience & Church, Why These Two Should Marry.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Susan Knowlen-Wolk just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Kelley Mathews published the article Visions of Glory: Our Sons’ Unhealthy Fantasy of Being Pro-Athletes.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor among nation’s ‘Great Colleges to Work For’ for 5th time in 6 years.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Concussions should remain a top concern for young athletes.
- Sheila Ann created a new gallery
- Sheila Ann just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Anna Brown published the blogpost 5 Essential Tips to keep your iPhone and iPad Secured.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost Quote from Greg Mckeown on our best asset in life. [Quote].
- Leigh Powers published the blogpost Inspired to Hold Up the Sky: Blogging for Compassion.
- Steven Seagraves just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost The Written Word: Kisses of Heaven Etched on My Heart.
- Marie Trotter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Is Andi's final pick the dramatic decision ABC teases it to be?.
- Jon Stallings“What we don’t want are Christians who admirably try to relive suffering in the world, but are indifferent toward eternal suffering. Every Christian engaged in mission – be it medical, educational, agricultural, or just plain being a good neighbor – should care about real-life pain and long for opportunities to share the good news that every person needs to hear.” – Kevin DeYoung
- George Krickl published the blogpost Poor in Spirit: Moses – Experiencing the Presence of God.
- Kersley Fitzgerald published the blogpost No Excuse: 2 Corinthians 6 and the Wide-Open, Spacious Life.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Kidney transplant in Fort Worth strengthens brotherly bond.
- Kelley Mathews published the audio How to Be Assured of Your Salvation | Austin Stone.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Kidney transplant in Forth Worth strengthens brotherly bond.
- Kelley Mathews published the audio Welcome to a Life of Confidence | The Journey with Ron Moore.