Social Media Awkwardness
Twitter Trolling - If you followed me, just so I'd follow you, but I didn't on any of the 16 occasions you've tried to get my following attention, what are the chances that I'll follow you on attempt number 17?
Begging for Celebrity Retweets - "Hey Mr. Famous with your thousands of followers who don't really pay attention to what you say, would you include my name in your next tweet so some of them can come ignore me, too." I don't get it. Maybe there's a famous for being famous gene I didn't get or bug I didn't catch, but if I'm going to be known, I want to be known for doing something - not for having my name mentioned by someone who's done something. I don't know how @BrianDawkins puts up with it.
The Declaration of the Unfollow - If you don't want to read what someone tweets, just don't follow them. No need to announce it or threaten to unfollow them. Just leave the room. @markschlereth takes all kinds of crap because his football followers don't want to hear about his chili, or some food snob chili fan just found out he was a gridiron gladiator, or because his son didn't pitch away from some hitter, or because he just posted another of his 'churchy thoughts'. "Sorry Mark, if you can't be as one-dimensional as I am narrow minded, I'm not following you anymore." What kind of person finds it necessary to tell someone that you're not going to read their tweets anymore?
Facebook Relationship Status - Let's just all put "it's complicated" and leave it at that. (I would follow my own advice here, except that I'm already statified as married, and the switch would REALLY freak people out.) Relationships are ALL complicated, why complicate them more with this feature?
MEdia - What makes us think it is ok to be SO self-centered just because we're digital? Even in the digital universe, other people exist, and they don't just want to talk about me(you)! But I really am glad you told me how good your toast was this morning, do you put the jelly on with a knife or a spoon?
There are a ton of other strange moments in social media I'm sure you've noticed. The Old Flame Friend Request. The Terribly Public Argument That Should Have Been Behind Closed Doors. The Wall Post of Passion That Definitely Should Have Been a Private Message (closely related to the Tweet That Should Have Been a DM).
Which ones are most awkward for you?
- Holli Long published the blogpost A Guest Post for Grace for Moms – On Grief and Gratitude.
- John Mark Miller published the blogpost Liebster Award! – Thank You, Writing in a Raindrop!.
- Troy EdwardsOur Easter message from last Sunday can be viewed here:
- Troy Edwards uploaded a photo
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Walking with the Enemy’ Treads in the Right Direction.
- Clarence FellIngratitude
Have you heard the story of the man that got himself in trouble with the law? His wife set her life aside and gave all her attention to helping her husband get out of his legal troubles. However, as the wheels of justice slowly turned, he found himself still in jail after many weeks. He exhausted every avenue of help that he could pursue from within the jail, there was nothing left to do but hope his wife would not give up. Fortunately, his wife focused even more, sacrificed more, and gave all she had until finally she secured his release. He was delighted, they celebrated his freedom, and his joy was unspeakable. However, soon his attention began to wander to another woman and it was not long before he left his wife for another woman.
Most of us would not give two cents for a man that would accept such generous sacrifice from his wife and then abandon her. However, many people treat God that way and then expect an enthusiastic welcome home into heaven. I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed.
- Troy Edwards created a new gallery
- Troy Edwards just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Blake Atwood uploaded a photo
- Courtney Rowland published the blogpost An Ohio Egg Adventure + 10 Tips for Making Great Eggs.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor couple’s HGTV series, ‘Fixer Upper, begins tonight.
- Blake Atwood shared What is a Church Website Strategy?: Does your church have a website strategy? "When people talk about website strategy, the conversation dips into many interesting areas. The problem is that the word strategy means something different to different people. Thus, to have an effective website strategy, you need to define what strategy is. In this article I offer you a framework to define various levels of guidance." Read more from Stephen Morrissey.
- George BullardApril 24th Transform Congregations By Affirming Long Pastorates #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-24th-transform-congregations-by-affirming-long-pastorates-365ssiftc.html
- George BullardApril 23rd Transform Congregations By Remembering But Not Repeating History #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-23rd-transform-congregations-by-remembering-but-not-repeating-history-365ssiftc.html
- George BullardApril 22nd Transform Congregations By Climbing Out of Ruts #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-22nd-transform-congregations-by-climbing-out-of-ruts-365ssiftc.html
- George BullardApril 21st Transform Congregations By Focusing on the Spiritual Transformation on People #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-21st-transform-congregations-by-focusing-on-the-spiritual-transformation-on-people-365ssiftc.html
- Elise Hilton published the blogpost Getting chased by the Devil...don't worry: I'm running faster.
- John Mark Miller published the blogpost U: Perceptible Unity – The Mark of Great Art…and Great Lives.
- Brian Jones published the blogpost Was Jesus A Man That The Early Church Turned Into A God?.
- Serena Rice published the blogpost Prayer on the Wind: Day 24 of the April Poetry Challenge.
- adekunle ojobaro just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost Quote from Pascal on how to measure our efforts [Quote].
- Adam Smith published the blogpost 21 Things You Need To STOP Saying At Work-Julia Winston.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost CRITICAL CONDITION Kindle HDX Giveaway from Richard Mabry!.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost NIGHTLINE’S Dan Harris’ 10% HAPPIER Kindle HDX Giveaway!.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost The Guys Guide to God, Girls and the Phone in Your Pocket.
- Mike Kim published the blogpost #09: 3 Psychological Weapons of Marketing Influence.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Movie Producers Donate to Wounded Warriors with Your Help.
- Julio Ribeiro just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Warren Robison just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Gary Weed created a new gallery
- Gary Weed just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Lyn Rossano just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Tina Jagneaux just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jeremy Riley just moved in. Take time to say hey.