Leadership: The Catalytic Gift
Author and pastor of Willowcreek Community Church, Bill Hybels makes a great statement in his book, Courageous Leadership. He says, “The church must come to grips with the fact that the gift of leadership is the catalytic gift that energizes, directs, and empowers all the other gifts” (p. 68).
This is by no means an arrogant statement. Rather, it is the reality that leaders are responsible to recruit, equip, and mobilize others to serve through their God-given gifts. When leaders fail to act as “gift catalyzers,” they become the lid on their church, organization, family, department, or whatever else God has called them to lead.
Have you stopped to recognize the gifts of the people around you? Are you faithfully stewarding your influence to help others maximize their God-given potential? When you view yourself as a “gift catalyzer,” your perspective on your leadership and areas of responsibility completely changes.
- Brandon Swafford just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Seminary Dropout 50: Margot Starbuck on God, Writing & Public Speaking.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost When life’s storms hit, is a parent’s job ever really done?.
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when these are some of my favorite recipes, a gift when you preorder my book.
- Jed Davis published the blogpost Don’t Be Guilty Of The Silent & Slow Death Of Your Faith.
- Brian Niece published the blogpost Being the Church Around a Meal // from the archives.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost McLane Stadium first to offer collegiate replays on fans’ mobile devices.
- Chris Wilson published the blogpost This One Question Will Change Your ToDo List. Why?.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Pastor: My respect for Robin Williams has never been stronger.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost What Does It Mean To Take A Middle Schooler Seriously?.
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost Learn To Save With Grocery University – As Low as $2.97.
- Kari Baumann published the blogpost what Atticus Finch taught me about watching the news..
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Iowa Students To Wear Heart Rate Monitors In Gym Class.
- Lisa Murray published the blogpost Return of the Prodigal, Part Two: What Happens When God Calls You By Name.
- solomon david published the blogpost WordPress eCommerce Theme Development Service at Reasonable Rates.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost Make Your Mark: Getting Right What Samson Got Wrong [Book Review] [Book].
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Self-Preservation: The Biggest Obstacle to Making Customers Happy.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Journey To The High Places: Encounter With Pride (Week 5).