Leadership: The Catalytic Gift
Author and pastor of Willowcreek Community Church, Bill Hybels makes a great statement in his book, Courageous Leadership. He says, “The church must come to grips with the fact that the gift of leadership is the catalytic gift that energizes, directs, and empowers all the other gifts” (p. 68).
This is by no means an arrogant statement. Rather, it is the reality that leaders are responsible to recruit, equip, and mobilize others to serve through their God-given gifts. When leaders fail to act as “gift catalyzers,” they become the lid on their church, organization, family, department, or whatever else God has called them to lead.
Have you stopped to recognize the gifts of the people around you? Are you faithfully stewarding your influence to help others maximize their God-given potential? When you view yourself as a “gift catalyzer,” your perspective on your leadership and areas of responsibility completely changes.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Standing On The Never Changing Truths Found In The Word Of God by Debbie Harris.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost All That Really Matters Is Christ’s Approval by Debbie Harris.
- Greg Flagg published the blogpost Prayer for the Fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost (Ordinary Time).
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Michael Yankoski | Is Faith Just An Idea?.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Michael Yankoski | Is Faith Just An Idea?.
- Courtney Rowland published the blogpost Caramel Apple Cider Ginger Ale Floats #SundaySupper.
- Leon Bloder published the blogpost Small Thing Big Difference: Week Three - "Words Get In The Way".
- Dwayne Robinson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost The Sacred Year by Michael Yankoski | Blog Tour and Free Book Offer.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost The Sacred Year by Michael Yankoski | Blog Tour and Free Book Offer.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost The old maid and her old lady hoarder hobby - with product reviews.
- Roxie Keenan just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Elisabeth Gifford shares the Gaelic myth of selkies and mermaids.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 18 Leadership Quotes And Lessons From Left Behind: The Movie.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost All God’s People Are Filled With The Beauty Of Our Triune God by Debbie Harris.
- Lara Krupicka published the blogpost Make a Wish: Setting One-Year Bucket List Intentions.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Parents’ Primer on Internet Pornography – UPDATED!.
- Ron Edmondson published the blogpost A Personal Opinion About Investing in the Community.
- solomon david published the blogpost Perception System and Rchilli Becomes Business Partner.
- Bronwyn Lea published the blogpost 48 Tips from the World’s Worst Potty Trainer (A Cautionary Tale).
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of September 15th.
- Antwuan Malone published the blogpost Child Abuse, Domestic Violence, Homosexual Rights and Other Signs of Our Times.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Thousand Foot Krutch announces fall headline “Born This Way Tour”.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Shelly Johnson to drop new album, ‘Your Kingdom Come’ Sept. 23.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: CNN Anchors in Way Over Their Heads.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost (Birthday Edition) SOTW: ‘Steady Heart’ by Steffany Gretzinger.
- Brad Russell published the article 3 Reasons Why Financial Giving Culture Has Changed.