Don't Lose Them In The Crowd
|Courtesy of Kheel Center, Cornell University/|
Creative Commons License
- Know who you are
- Know someone at program
- Have been welcomed
- Greet Them At The Door - Having someone at the door to say, "Hi." to your teens shows them that you were expecting them. When someone's at the door it's usually a sign of, "Come on in, we're glad to see you." Even opening up the door for them to walk in can go a long way.
- Have Plants - Now before you go buying that fica what I'm talking about are student leaders and adult ministers who's main responsibility is to go up to a teen who is new and break the ice. The majority of new teenagers walking into your ministry aren't going to strike up a conversation, they're waiting for someone to accept them.
- Plan Icebreakers Beyond The Beginning Of The Year - Icebreakers should be revisited every so often, especially if your ministry is growing. Doing one in the middle of the year will help the new teens catch up and enter in on an even playing field.
- Follow Up - Whether it's at the end of the night or a text/email thanking them for coming, make sure the teen knows you appreciated their time. After all your follow up might be the reason they come back.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Meet Worship leader Bridgett Kern, listen to new single.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 7 Habits Of An Unhealthy Culture vs. 7 Habits Of A Healthy Culture.
- Edgar Galdamez published the blogpost The Life of a Pastor: Service, Stress, Solitude, Sacrifice.
- George Bullard published the blogpost Are Millennials Different than Baby Boomers 40 Years Ago?.
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost A Review of “Loss of Sadness” by Allan Horwitz and Jerome Wakefield.
- Patricia Hunter published the blogpost Labor Day::thankful for the gift of work and the labor of love....
- Lee Sah Lim published the blogpost Bangkok IV: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market And MBK Center.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Psalm 88 Sermon Follow Up: “Will Life Ever Get Better?”.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Are You Engaged With Teenagers Where They’re Growing Spiritually?.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 5 Roles Youth Workers Play In The Lives Of Teenagers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 6 Tips for Creating Structure and Boundaries in Ministry.
- Kelly Balarie published the blogpost Bible Verses for Perfectionists: Finding Your True Worth.
- solomon david published the blogpost 6 Must to Have Skills That Every Magento Store Developer Should Consider.
- solomon david published the blogpost Cloud Gaming Fun With Microsoft’s DeLorean Available Soon.
- solomon david published the blogpost 6 Amazing Paid iPhone Applications that Available for Free Right Now.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Tim Ferriss on the Importance of Being Unconventional.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Journey To The High Places: On The Shores of Loneliness (Week 7).
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Labor Day, Your Marriage, and Your Family – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Judy Douglass published the blogpost How We Got Here: Live Alive Guest Post by Jordan Stroman.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 14 Practices Of Senior Pastors Who Grow Great Churches.