If I Could Go Back In Time
My friend, Mary Larmoyeux, asked this question on her grandparenting blog, Grand Connection. She explained, "Sometimes I wonder what I would do differently if I could somehow turn back the hands of time and be a young mother again ... knowing what has taken me decades to learn." Mary also asked her readers, "What would you do differently as a young mom ... knowing what you now know."
As a young mom, I often found myself worrying about many things. But when I faced the terminal illness of my dad in my early twenties, I came to experience the power of prayer to bring peace in the middle of a crisis.
At that time, I had a three-year-old son, and I was expecting my daughter. And as I cried out to God in my sorrow and grief, God calmed my heart and mind with a peace that I'd never experienced.
Phillippians 4: 6-7 says, "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus" (NLT).
Although I’ve experienced the power of prayer to bring peace many times since my dad's death, often I still get caught up in the emotional cycle of worry. In fact, many times I've "begged the Lord to take (my worries) away. (Yet each) time (He) said, 'My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.' So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me … For when I am weak, then I am strong" (2 Corinthians 12:8-10 NLT).
If I could go back in time, I wish I could say that I would not worry so much. Yet I am well aware that this tendency toward worry keeps me "on my knees" and totally dependent upon God.
If you could go back in time, what would you change?
2008-2012 Karen Jordan
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Emotional Reasons Millennials Are Marrying Later In Life.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost The Dangerous Drug Parents Aren’t Talking About With Kids.
- Sandra Glahn published the blogpost Results from a Poll: Evangelical Leaders on Israel/Palestine.
- solomon david published the blogpost Looking to Hire An Experienced Magento Developer? Go Through These Things.
- alva christi just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Elle Campbell published the blogpost ORANGE TOUR | Recruiting Better Small Group Leaders.
- solomon david published the blogpost A Core Team of Titanium Announced Availability of SDK 3.4.0 Beta For iOS 8.
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost Book Review: Smart Money Smart Kids by Dave Ramsey and Rachel Cruze.
- Kevin Kessler just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Hope Mural painting underway at Baylor Sammons Cancer Center.
- Mike Kim published the blogpost Why I Spent $4,102 To Spend A Few Days with Ray Edwards.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW - And All That Madness by Joan Merrill.
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost A Review of “Discipleshift” by Jim Putman and Bobby Harrington.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost The Biggest Threat to Your Relationship and How to Avoid It – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Lara Krupicka published the blogpost Anticipation: What’s Next for Moms Who Want to Live the Bucket List Life?.
- Valerie Perrine just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost High School Footballer Pull Off An Incredibly Inspirational Interview.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost How To Stick With Youth Ministry For The Long Haul.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Children’s Book Shares Transgender Story With Kids Ages 4-8.
- solomon david published the blogpost Effective Steps to Setup WordPress Multisite With An Ease.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost Overcoming Our Identity Crisis: A Guest Post By Michael Perkins.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Cheerleaders Defy School’s Ban, Lead Crowd in Lord’s Prayer.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost ‘Slenderman’ Costumes Sold in County Where Girl Was Brutally Stabbed.
- solomon david published the blogpost Mobile Web or Mobile Application – Which One You Need Most For Your Online Store?.
- Greg Atkinson published the blogpost Big Announcement: I’m Joining the Staff of Transformation Church.
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when you can read the first chapter of tables in the wilderness for free.