January 30, 2012
Embrace the Season God Gives Us
My week days are filled with fall festival volunteer time slots and scheduled dinners with friends. My weekends are filled with birthday parties, holiday gatherings and baby showers. I remember being a kid in school, counting down the days until summer, when life seemed to pause - if only for a few months, it was enough. No responsibilities, no bills, no plans. Just time. Now even my summers are jam-packed.
What I'm learning is that no matter how hard I try to slow down time, I can't. The more I try to make time for this or that, the more stressed out I get because the days never last long enough to do everything on my mental task list.
You know it's bad when set a reminder to "call your friend Kara" in my Google calendar just so I remember to do it on my way home from work.
I truly believe that this upcoming season, despite all of the holidays that accompany it, should be a time of rest and peace. Sure, my plans for the holidays include grocery shopping, gift wrapping, cooking, cleaning and event planning. But I'm going to stop trying to make time,…
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Susan Knowlen-Wolk just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Kelley Mathews published the article Visions of Glory: Our Sons’ Unhealthy Fantasy of Being Pro-Athletes.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor among nation’s ‘Great Colleges to Work For’ for 5th time in 6 years.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Concussions should remain a top concern for young athletes.
- Sheila Ann created a new gallery
- Sheila Ann just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Anna Brown published the blogpost 5 Essential Tips to keep your iPhone and iPad Secured.
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost Quote from Greg Mckeown on our best asset in life. [Quote].
- Leigh Powers published the blogpost Inspired to Hold Up the Sky: Blogging for Compassion.
- Steven Seagraves just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost The Written Word: Kisses of Heaven Etched on My Heart.
- Marie Trotter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Is Andi's final pick the dramatic decision ABC teases it to be?.
- Jon Stallings“What we don’t want are Christians who admirably try to relive suffering in the world, but are indifferent toward eternal suffering. Every Christian engaged in mission – be it medical, educational, agricultural, or just plain being a good neighbor – should care about real-life pain and long for opportunities to share the good news that every person needs to hear.” – Kevin DeYoung
- George Krickl published the blogpost Poor in Spirit: Moses – Experiencing the Presence of God.
- Kersley Fitzgerald published the blogpost No Excuse: 2 Corinthians 6 and the Wide-Open, Spacious Life.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Kidney transplant in Fort Worth strengthens brotherly bond.
- Kelley Mathews published the audio How to Be Assured of Your Salvation | Austin Stone.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Kidney transplant in Forth Worth strengthens brotherly bond.
- Kelley Mathews published the audio Welcome to a Life of Confidence | The Journey with Ron Moore.
- Kelley Mathews published the article FaithVillage Contributor Spotlight: Stephen Blandino.
- Daniel WilsonI'm back from NYC where I taught a two day training session on Wall St. Made a little money and for us that is a huge blessing. I wanted to give testimony that the Lord gave this family some income and we are grateful for all His provisions.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost 3 Tips for Working with Your Spouse and Family – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Mitzi Smith published the blogpost Back to School Shopping: Where to Spend, Where to Save.