I was Accepted as a Reject
I normally don’t post on Saturday but today is a very special day. Today I am guest posting over at Modern Reject. You heard me, Modern Reject. Nicole Cottrell is the author of Modern Reject and she is, in a word, Cool. Her blog was recently included in the list of 200 most influential Christian blogs. Yeah, I know, big time right?
Nicole has become my cyber-friend through blog comments and social media. She and her husband have a fervent love for Jesus and after getting to know them I find we think a lot alike. No, they have a much firmer grip on reality than I do. They aren’t nearly as sarcastic in virtual public as I may be. Sorry she doesn’t nearly as much blog space as I do on trivial, ridiculous topics. Ok, maybe I just want to be like them.
Nicole has a unique and authentic, yet grounded voice over at her blog where she communicates Jesus’ love to others. If you haven’t read Modern Reject before you will be really sad and really happy at the same time. Happy you found it and sad you hadn’t found it sooner. But, be of good cheer, you can just subscribe and start back reading to catch up.
Today I am posting a piece that literally just fell out of my head. I had a phrase written down as reminder for me when I returned to write. I sat down to write and woke up 20 minutes later with this post on the screen. After reading a post over at Modern Reject I decided to send it to Nicole. She doesn’t do very many guest post over there so I was very pleasantly surprised to find she wanted to use it. Here is an excerpt…
Are You an Amoral or a Moral Christian?
I’ve noticed something a little odd lately. I was reading a book and one of the characters was described as a good moral Christian. I was listening to an audio presentation and the guest was introduced as a salt-of-the-Earth type. “She’s a good Christian, moral person” they said. The pairing of the words moral and Christian is popping up a lot. Maybe I’m just naïve. I know I’m a big ole dumb southern male and all, but I thought that morality and Christianity kinda went together. Like, I follow Jesus and therefore I am moral.
- Go read Modern Reject
- Leave witty, engaging comments
- Subscribe to Modern Reject
- Have a great weekend
See y’all Monday.
- Lee Sah Lim published the blogpost Penang I : When Parents And In-Laws Also Travelled With Us.
- Brooke Barrett just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- James Calkins published the blogpost Brief Update - Exciting But Short, Like a Shotgun Wedding, But Not Really.
- Janelle Weibelzahl published the blogpost So This Is Canada: 12 Unguarded Observations of a Returning Canadian.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Daddy and Daughter Dance to "Shake it Off".
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Alcohol Causes More Problems Than Marijuana for High School Students.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Who Smoke Marijuana Daily Face Increased Risks.
- Greg Flagg published the blogpost Prayer for the Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost (Ordinary Time).
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Christy Fitzwater | Maybe You’ve Forgotten Where to Find Peace.
- Mike Arden just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Leon Bloder published the blogpost Small Things Big Difference: Week Two - "Fix Your Thoughts".
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of September 8th.
- Cathy Bryant published the blogpost Book Review: Lessons in Faith–Learned the Hard Way.
- Alli Bonner just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost John Mark McMillan to release The Borderland Sessions Sept. 30.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Parents To Blame For Brutal Teen Mob Parking Lot Attack?.
- Patricia Hunter published the blogpost Still Saturday::to fill with stories that matter....
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Meaning of the Resurrection for Believers and the Need to Finish the Great Commission.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost In Business Relationships, People are Friends, Not Food – Daniel Kosmala.
- Patricia Hunter published the blogpost It's the one thing I'm sure I can be without fail....
- Walter Bright published the blogpost Nothing is Impossible. I Feel Like I’m Unstoppable.