I was Accepted as a Reject
I normally don’t post on Saturday but today is a very special day. Today I am guest posting over at Modern Reject. You heard me, Modern Reject. Nicole Cottrell is the author of Modern Reject and she is, in a word, Cool. Her blog was recently included in the list of 200 most influential Christian blogs. Yeah, I know, big time right?
Nicole has become my cyber-friend through blog comments and social media. She and her husband have a fervent love for Jesus and after getting to know them I find we think a lot alike. No, they have a much firmer grip on reality than I do. They aren’t nearly as sarcastic in virtual public as I may be. Sorry she doesn’t nearly as much blog space as I do on trivial, ridiculous topics. Ok, maybe I just want to be like them.
Nicole has a unique and authentic, yet grounded voice over at her blog where she communicates Jesus’ love to others. If you haven’t read Modern Reject before you will be really sad and really happy at the same time. Happy you found it and sad you hadn’t found it sooner. But, be of good cheer, you can just subscribe and start back reading to catch up.
Today I am posting a piece that literally just fell out of my head. I had a phrase written down as reminder for me when I returned to write. I sat down to write and woke up 20 minutes later with this post on the screen. After reading a post over at Modern Reject I decided to send it to Nicole. She doesn’t do very many guest post over there so I was very pleasantly surprised to find she wanted to use it. Here is an excerpt…
Are You an Amoral or a Moral Christian?
I’ve noticed something a little odd lately. I was reading a book and one of the characters was described as a good moral Christian. I was listening to an audio presentation and the guest was introduced as a salt-of-the-Earth type. “She’s a good Christian, moral person” they said. The pairing of the words moral and Christian is popping up a lot. Maybe I’m just naïve. I know I’m a big ole dumb southern male and all, but I thought that morality and Christianity kinda went together. Like, I follow Jesus and therefore I am moral.
- Go read Modern Reject
- Leave witty, engaging comments
- Subscribe to Modern Reject
- Have a great weekend
See y’all Monday.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Meet Worship leader Bridgett Kern, listen to new single.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 7 Habits Of An Unhealthy Culture vs. 7 Habits Of A Healthy Culture.
- Edgar Galdamez published the blogpost The Life of a Pastor: Service, Stress, Solitude, Sacrifice.
- George Bullard published the blogpost Are Millennials Different than Baby Boomers 40 Years Ago?.
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost A Review of “Loss of Sadness” by Allan Horwitz and Jerome Wakefield.
- Patricia Hunter published the blogpost Labor Day::thankful for the gift of work and the labor of love....
- Lee Sah Lim published the blogpost Bangkok IV: Damnoen Saduak Floating Market And MBK Center.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Psalm 88 Sermon Follow Up: “Will Life Ever Get Better?”.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Are You Engaged With Teenagers Where They’re Growing Spiritually?.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 5 Roles Youth Workers Play In The Lives Of Teenagers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 6 Tips for Creating Structure and Boundaries in Ministry.
- Kelly Balarie published the blogpost Bible Verses for Perfectionists: Finding Your True Worth.
- solomon david published the blogpost 6 Must to Have Skills That Every Magento Store Developer Should Consider.
- solomon david published the blogpost Cloud Gaming Fun With Microsoft’s DeLorean Available Soon.
- solomon david published the blogpost 6 Amazing Paid iPhone Applications that Available for Free Right Now.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Tim Ferriss on the Importance of Being Unconventional.
- Barbie Swihart published the blogpost Journey To The High Places: On The Shores of Loneliness (Week 7).
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Labor Day, Your Marriage, and Your Family – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Judy Douglass published the blogpost How We Got Here: Live Alive Guest Post by Jordan Stroman.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost 14 Practices Of Senior Pastors Who Grow Great Churches.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Are Getting Pickier About The Brands They Display On Their Clothes.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost Two Prayers That Will Inspire And Provoke The Soul.
- Martin KnoxGood bye, Faith Village. Thank you, Brad Russell, for what you have contributed to the work of the Kingdom.
- Greg Flagg published the blogpost Prayer for the Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost (Ordinary Time).