But Lord, I Don’t Want To Go To Africa
I do not want to go to Africa. Never have. Don’t ever expect to. My daughter’s boyfriend is going to India on a mission trip this summer and he is pumped up about it. He wants to go and feels the Lord leading him to do it.
Sometimes we act as though we have to go to Africa, India, Haiti or some other exotic, foreign land to serve the Lord What do we do when we don’t want to go to some international destination to serve Him?
He Gives Us The Picture As Needed
When Jesus called His disciples, he simply said, “Follow Me”. He did not tell them that he would send them out on a mission in teams of two. The closest he came was saying that he would make them fishers of men.
This is not much different from the Old Testament. The Lord did not give Abraham all of the details at once. Neither did He with Moses, David or much of anyone else. He told them what they needed to know at the right time.
You want to serve the Lord, but think that may involve Africa? It may. Or it may not.
He Gives Us The Tools We Need
The Lord told the disciples to take a few things with them. A tunic. A pair of sandals. A walking stick. Why? He wanted them to depend on God for their needs.
David faced Goliath with a slingshot.
Israel waited each day for manna for that day.
God simply wants us to depend on Him for what we need.
He Prepares Us His Ministry
The disciples went out and preached that men should repent. They cast out demons. They healed the sick.
They couldn’t do that before they followed Christ. He taught them how to “do ministry”. He gave them the power to cast out demons and heal. They were prepared by Christ for ministry.
David was a teenager when he was anointed king. It was years before he actually ascended to the throne.
It took Noah about one hundred years to build the ark.
Paul spent about fourteen years between meeting Christ on the Damascus Road and becoming a super apostle.
The bottom line is that if God calls you to go to Africa, He will place a desire to follow Him there. He will give you the tools you need for the ministry. He will prepare you to go. Then you can go to Africa. Or India. Or wherever He wants you to go.
Have you ever been afraid of what the Lord was calling you to do? Do you think you could never do what He wants you to do?
- Andrew MasonCreating A Small Group Curriculum Map by Ben Reed http://www.smallgroupchurches.com/creating-a-small-group-curriculum-map/
- Marcella WoodridgeThe longer I live the more I know I need GOD leading my life every step of the way.
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia Carter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May Jesus Christ Be The Ultimate Treasure We Always Seek by Debbie Harris..
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Father Who Can We Graciously And Humbly Walk Beside Today Just To Love by Debbie Harris.
- Bryce Johnson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 13 Resources For Ministry Leaders Who Struggle with Porn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Expert Reveals Biggest Concern About Youngsters And Social Media.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Half (54%) Of US Teens Think Life Would Be Better Without Social Media.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Roy Lichtenstein's Most Popular Painting is Displayed.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost After Confronting Campus Bully, HS Football Player Gets Suspended.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Conservative Student Is Victim Of ‘Racist Rape Apologist’ Attack Fliers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Yik Yak app Putting Teens Behind Bars, Police Warn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Hearing That Things Can Change Helps Teens Dodge Depression.
- Andrew Shivers just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost GIVEAWAY: Win a Framed “The Fault in Our Stars” FULL SIZE Movie Poster [Winner Chosen].
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost ‘Boxtrolls:’ Incredible Animation, Charmless Story.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Dad Lip-Syncs Daughter's Tantrum.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost SOTW: ‘Chasing After The Wind’ by Alan Powell (Free Friday Download).
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Drive Video: If You Want Engagement, Self-Direction is Better.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW: The Unexpected Earl by Philippa Jane Keyworth.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Seminary Dropout 55: Gary Black Jr. – Co-author of The Divine Conspiracy Continued.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost ‘Believe Me': Alum’s thought-provoking film now in theaters.
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost Stress Kills!!! Here's 3 Ways To Do Something About It.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost How The New Fall TV Season Reminds Me Of The Gospel.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Suffering Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Personal Responsibility Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost 20 Approaches to Battling Depression-Anxiety as Suffering.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Hellion’ is A Wild, Family-Driven Ride Worth Taking.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ is Cool, Uncommitted.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Pieces Together a Winning Team.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Talking about cancer on WFAA’s ‘Two Chairs’ series.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Get Excited: New ‘Believe Me’ Trailer Validates Everything We Thought.
- solomon david published the blogpost Micromax Canvas Nitro Launched for Rs 12,990 in India.