5 Ways to Keep Your Goals in 2012
It’s day 7 into the new year. Almost a full week. You may have started a new morning routine only to get to Tuesday and you forgot you had a doctor’s appointment and didn’t quite get your work out in. Is it all over? Do you throw the towel in and forget all about your goals?
It’s not about the resolution. It’s not about beating yourself up and trying harder next time. You’re not a failure destined to never change anything in your life.
I said I would contain the clutter. You should see my family room. Yesterday my little one decided not to take a nap and the afternoon felt like it unraveled and then scattered across my family room floor along with puzzle pieces, trucks and Tupperware.
My husband came home a few minutes early and took my son to run errands. Normally, I would just use the time to clean, pick up and get dinner ready. I stopped myself and decided to go to the gym. I spent a whole hour that I could have cleaned, organized and checked off a bunch of to-dos. I did something for myself that helped me contain the clutter in my heart. The toys were still scattered but my mind wasn’t. I didn’t beat myself up that the house wasn’t in complete order. Tomorrow is a new day.
Here are 5 Ways to Help You Keep Your Goals in 2012:
- Write it down and put it somewhere you look everyday (your mirror, your refrigerator or your car)
- Commit it to God in prayer. Ask for help, strength and in my case willpower to back away from the chocolate!
- Try to do whatever “it” is at the same time everyday and it becomes a habit.
- Ask your husband or friend to be an accountability partner to encourage you in your goal.
- GRACE!! Give yourself lots of it! Start again tomorrow. It’s ok.
Making goals is a great way to be intentional about making sure you do things. However, don’t let them become how you measure your worth, determine if you’re a good mom or be the driving force for your day. It doesn’t leave room for you to hear God speak into your day that a friend just needs you to listen to the news the doctor gave her. It doesn’t leave room for the toddler who just needs to snuggle and read one more book. Make goals, keep them and give yourself grace to start again tomorrow.
Do you feel like you’ve blown it this week? Which of the 5 Ways to Keep Your Goals can you try this week?
- Andrew MasonCreating A Small Group Curriculum Map by Ben Reed http://www.smallgroupchurches.com/creating-a-small-group-curriculum-map/
- Marcella WoodridgeThe longer I live the more I know I need GOD leading my life every step of the way.
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia CarterHello I'm New Here!!
- Octavia Carter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost May Jesus Christ Be The Ultimate Treasure We Always Seek by Debbie Harris..
- Debbie Harris published the blogpost Father Who Can We Graciously And Humbly Walk Beside Today Just To Love by Debbie Harris.
- Bryce Johnson just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 13 Resources For Ministry Leaders Who Struggle with Porn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Expert Reveals Biggest Concern About Youngsters And Social Media.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Half (54%) Of US Teens Think Life Would Be Better Without Social Media.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Roy Lichtenstein's Most Popular Painting is Displayed.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost After Confronting Campus Bully, HS Football Player Gets Suspended.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Conservative Student Is Victim Of ‘Racist Rape Apologist’ Attack Fliers.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Yik Yak app Putting Teens Behind Bars, Police Warn.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Hearing That Things Can Change Helps Teens Dodge Depression.
- Andrew Shivers just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost GIVEAWAY: Win a Framed “The Fault in Our Stars” FULL SIZE Movie Poster [Winner Chosen].
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost ‘Boxtrolls:’ Incredible Animation, Charmless Story.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Dad Lip-Syncs Daughter's Tantrum.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost SOTW: ‘Chasing After The Wind’ by Alan Powell (Free Friday Download).
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Drive Video: If You Want Engagement, Self-Direction is Better.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW: The Unexpected Earl by Philippa Jane Keyworth.
- Shane Blackshear published the blogpost Seminary Dropout 55: Gary Black Jr. – Co-author of The Divine Conspiracy Continued.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost ‘Believe Me': Alum’s thought-provoking film now in theaters.
- Michael Ramsey published the blogpost Stress Kills!!! Here's 3 Ways To Do Something About It.
- Larry Carter published the blogpost How The New Fall TV Season Reminds Me Of The Gospel.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Suffering Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost Overcoming Depression-Anxiety: A Personal Responsibility Paradigm (Seminar Videos).
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost 20 Approaches to Battling Depression-Anxiety as Suffering.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Hellion’ is A Wild, Family-Driven Ride Worth Taking.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2′ is Cool, Uncommitted.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost “Kidnapped for Christ” Review: The Terror of Teens.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ Pieces Together a Winning Team.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Talking about cancer on WFAA’s ‘Two Chairs’ series.
- Daniel DeHart published the blogpost Get Excited: New ‘Believe Me’ Trailer Validates Everything We Thought.
- solomon david published the blogpost Micromax Canvas Nitro Launched for Rs 12,990 in India.