5 Ways to Keep Your Goals in 2012
It’s day 7 into the new year. Almost a full week. You may have started a new morning routine only to get to Tuesday and you forgot you had a doctor’s appointment and didn’t quite get your work out in. Is it all over? Do you throw the towel in and forget all about your goals?
It’s not about the resolution. It’s not about beating yourself up and trying harder next time. You’re not a failure destined to never change anything in your life.
I said I would contain the clutter. You should see my family room. Yesterday my little one decided not to take a nap and the afternoon felt like it unraveled and then scattered across my family room floor along with puzzle pieces, trucks and Tupperware.
My husband came home a few minutes early and took my son to run errands. Normally, I would just use the time to clean, pick up and get dinner ready. I stopped myself and decided to go to the gym. I spent a whole hour that I could have cleaned, organized and checked off a bunch of to-dos. I did something for myself that helped me contain the clutter in my heart. The toys were still scattered but my mind wasn’t. I didn’t beat myself up that the house wasn’t in complete order. Tomorrow is a new day.
Here are 5 Ways to Help You Keep Your Goals in 2012:
- Write it down and put it somewhere you look everyday (your mirror, your refrigerator or your car)
- Commit it to God in prayer. Ask for help, strength and in my case willpower to back away from the chocolate!
- Try to do whatever “it” is at the same time everyday and it becomes a habit.
- Ask your husband or friend to be an accountability partner to encourage you in your goal.
- GRACE!! Give yourself lots of it! Start again tomorrow. It’s ok.
Making goals is a great way to be intentional about making sure you do things. However, don’t let them become how you measure your worth, determine if you’re a good mom or be the driving force for your day. It doesn’t leave room for you to hear God speak into your day that a friend just needs you to listen to the news the doctor gave her. It doesn’t leave room for the toddler who just needs to snuggle and read one more book. Make goals, keep them and give yourself grace to start again tomorrow.
Do you feel like you’ve blown it this week? Which of the 5 Ways to Keep Your Goals can you try this week?
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Emotional Reasons Millennials Are Marrying Later In Life.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost The Dangerous Drug Parents Aren’t Talking About With Kids.
- Sandra Glahn published the blogpost Results from a Poll: Evangelical Leaders on Israel/Palestine.
- solomon david published the blogpost Looking to Hire An Experienced Magento Developer? Go Through These Things.
- alva christi just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Elle Campbell published the blogpost ORANGE TOUR | Recruiting Better Small Group Leaders.
- solomon david published the blogpost A Core Team of Titanium Announced Availability of SDK 3.4.0 Beta For iOS 8.
- Janet Ridgeway published the blogpost Book Review: Smart Money Smart Kids by Dave Ramsey and Rachel Cruze.
- Kevin Kessler just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Hope Mural painting underway at Baylor Sammons Cancer Center.
- Mike Kim published the blogpost Why I Spent $4,102 To Spend A Few Days with Ray Edwards.
- LuAnn Braley published the blogpost BOOK REVIEW/INTERVIEW - And All That Madness by Joan Merrill.
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost A Review of “Discipleshift” by Jim Putman and Bobby Harrington.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost The Biggest Threat to Your Relationship and How to Avoid It – Jackie Bledsoe.
- Lara Krupicka published the blogpost Anticipation: What’s Next for Moms Who Want to Live the Bucket List Life?.
- Valerie Perrine just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost High School Footballer Pull Off An Incredibly Inspirational Interview.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost How To Stick With Youth Ministry For The Long Haul.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Children’s Book Shares Transgender Story With Kids Ages 4-8.
- solomon david published the blogpost Effective Steps to Setup WordPress Multisite With An Ease.
- Jonathan Pearson published the blogpost Overcoming Our Identity Crisis: A Guest Post By Michael Perkins.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Cheerleaders Defy School’s Ban, Lead Crowd in Lord’s Prayer.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost ‘Slenderman’ Costumes Sold in County Where Girl Was Brutally Stabbed.
- solomon david published the blogpost Mobile Web or Mobile Application – Which One You Need Most For Your Online Store?.
- Greg Atkinson published the blogpost Big Announcement: I’m Joining the Staff of Transformation Church.
- Preston Yancey published the blogpost when you can read the first chapter of tables in the wilderness for free.