10 Reasons Why I’m Not Cool
I’m a mess, really. Not cool. Not trendy. Not even remotely like Bono or other cool people that can pull off shades indoors.
In case you needed a top ten list, here’s mine. 10 Reasons why I’m not cool.
- Sometimes I mean to pull on my running shoes and jog my way through the neighborhood only to don my robe and start writing with nasty haystack hair…for several hours.
- I sometimes get to the dinner hour and resort to canned spaghetti sauce and frozen Costco corn.
- I put on not-so-cute clothes to run errands, hoping I won’t see anyone. (This never used to be a worry for me. As a Seattle girl, I grunged my way to the grocery store without impunity, but you simply don’t “do” that in Texas, at least that’s what I gather from the horrified stares from the little children riding in those car-shaped carts). Wow, that was a long parenthetical.
- I holler at my dog (then instantly regret it when he looks at me with those buttery-sweet brown eyes.)
- I holler at my kids (then instantly regret it when THEY look at me with those Daddy-brown orbs).
- I holler at my cat when she vomits (yet again) on our down comforter that is a beast to wash.
- I holler when I run my toe into furniture, but I usually don’t regret that.
- I can’t fit into some of my clothes (see the note about NOT running).
- I start my gardening year off with zeal, hoarding seed catalogs and dreaming about heirlooms, only to poof out midsummer when Satan has absconded Texas weather.
- I sit on airplanes and don’t share Jesus with everyone I see. (This is a point of great failure and shame)
What about you? What makes you anti-cool? How are you a mess? Inquiring minds want to know.
- Brooke Barrett just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- James Calkins published the blogpost Brief Update - Exciting But Short, Like a Shotgun Wedding, But Not Really.
- Janelle Weibelzahl published the blogpost So This Is Canada: 12 Unguarded Observations of a Returning Canadian.
- Jeffrey Totey published the blogpost Video of the Day: Daddy and Daughter Dance to "Shake it Off".
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Alcohol Causes More Problems Than Marijuana for High School Students.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Who Smoke Marijuana Daily Face Increased Risks.
- Greg Flagg published the blogpost Prayer for the Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost (Ordinary Time).
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Sunday Refreshments with Christy Fitzwater | Maybe You’ve Forgotten Where to Find Peace.
- Mike Arden just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Leon Bloder published the blogpost Small Things Big Difference: Week Two - "Fix Your Thoughts".
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of September 8th.
- Cathy Bryant published the blogpost Book Review: Lessons in Faith–Learned the Hard Way.
- Alli Bonner just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost John Mark McMillan to release The Borderland Sessions Sept. 30.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Parents To Blame For Brutal Teen Mob Parking Lot Attack?.
- Patricia Hunter published the blogpost Still Saturday::to fill with stories that matter....
- Matt Perman published the blogpost The Meaning of the Resurrection for Believers and the Need to Finish the Great Commission.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost In Business Relationships, People are Friends, Not Food – Daniel Kosmala.
- Patricia Hunter published the blogpost It's the one thing I'm sure I can be without fail....
- Walter Bright published the blogpost Nothing is Impossible. I Feel Like I’m Unstoppable.
- Michael Ernest published the blogpost Is The Walls Group the flyest Gospel group out there or what!?.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, and Sarah Sundin.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Where Treetops Glisten by Tricia Goyer, Cara Putman, and Sarah Sundin.
- John Rutledge published the article Big Churches, Big Bucks: Southern Senior Pastors Take Top Salaries.