10 Reasons Why I’m Not Cool
I’m a mess, really. Not cool. Not trendy. Not even remotely like Bono or other cool people that can pull off shades indoors.
In case you needed a top ten list, here’s mine. 10 Reasons why I’m not cool.
- Sometimes I mean to pull on my running shoes and jog my way through the neighborhood only to don my robe and start writing with nasty haystack hair…for several hours.
- I sometimes get to the dinner hour and resort to canned spaghetti sauce and frozen Costco corn.
- I put on not-so-cute clothes to run errands, hoping I won’t see anyone. (This never used to be a worry for me. As a Seattle girl, I grunged my way to the grocery store without impunity, but you simply don’t “do” that in Texas, at least that’s what I gather from the horrified stares from the little children riding in those car-shaped carts). Wow, that was a long parenthetical.
- I holler at my dog (then instantly regret it when he looks at me with those buttery-sweet brown eyes.)
- I holler at my kids (then instantly regret it when THEY look at me with those Daddy-brown orbs).
- I holler at my cat when she vomits (yet again) on our down comforter that is a beast to wash.
- I holler when I run my toe into furniture, but I usually don’t regret that.
- I can’t fit into some of my clothes (see the note about NOT running).
- I start my gardening year off with zeal, hoarding seed catalogs and dreaming about heirlooms, only to poof out midsummer when Satan has absconded Texas weather.
- I sit on airplanes and don’t share Jesus with everyone I see. (This is a point of great failure and shame)
What about you? What makes you anti-cool? How are you a mess? Inquiring minds want to know.
- Brandi McElheney just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Blake Atwood published the audio If You Want to be Successful, Stop Being So Accessible | Michael Hyatt.
- John Rutledge published the article New study suggests religion can predict sexual behavior.
- Jeff Reiter just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Candace Andrews just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Blake Atwood uploaded a photo
- Joe Padilla just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Chris Peek published the blogpost Why Simplicity is Necessary to Live in a Story that Matters.
- Blake Atwood published the video 'Theology Questions Everyone Asks' Part II | Gary M. Burge & David Lauber.
- Blake Atwood published the video 'Theology Questions Everyone Asks' | Gary M. Burge & David Lauber.
- Blake Atwood published the video The Counselor: Why Do You Doubt? | Craig Groeschel.
- Ancuta Rusu-Sieng just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Brad Russell shared How to Create and Manage a Blog (Part 1) | Tutorial: NEW BLOGGERS: You can network your blog into the site by clicking Manage My Loft/Blog. Here's a video explaining how to create and manage your blog in FV.
- Dave Jenkins, Jr. created a new gallery
- Brad Russell uploaded a photo
- Dave Jenkins just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Drew DyckMy interview on the Logos blog on how we try to domesticate God. http://blog.vyrso.com/2014/04/23/stop-trying-to-tame-god-rediscovering-dangerous-christianity/
- Blake Atwood published the audio Reimaginining God's Eternal Purpose: Part I | Frank Viola.
- Victor Nunez just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Baylor alum appointed to National Commission on Hunger.
- Dorothy Greco published the blogpost Relevant Magazine: Fear Doesn’t Have to Control Us.
- Lauren Sturdy published the article Fostering Adventures: Veteran Parents Rebuild Lives.
- Blake Atwood shared Getting Your Small Group to Like You: "If people genuinely don’t like you, and you’re a representation of Christ for them, then there’s a great chance you’re acting as a barrier for them to enjoying Jesus. It would be wise for us to not be a barrier. How to you get your small group to like you? Well you can start by taking a shower before group. Then, let’s get to the more important things." — Ben Reed
- Britni Wood published the blogpost IT’S HERE! Get the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle NOW!!!!.
- Deb Wolf published the blogpost A Dozen Things You Can Do to Start Really Living Today.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Kidnapped Boy, 10, Sang A Gospel Song For 3 HOURS Until Abductor Set Him Free.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Teens Who Suffer A Concussion More Likely To Attempt Suicide: study.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost New Teen Deadly LSD-Like Drug 25I, or N-bomb Trends.
- Scott Couchenour published the blogpost Serve Strong: An Interview With Author Terry Powell (part 1).
- Brian Jones published the blogpost Should Churches Allow Their Pastors To Smoke Pot If It Is Legal?.
- Nathan Rouse published the blogpost #011 Four Questions You Should Be Asking Your Kids.
- Perry HancockGOD'S WORD 2DAY - Ephesians 2:10 "For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works..."
When we think of work, we often see ourselves as employees of the company that provides us with a means to make a living. We may work for a bank, a school, a factory, or even a church.
In this verse we learn that we actually work for the Lord and that we were created to do good works for Him.
Today while you are at work remember that even though you have work to do for your company, you also have good works to do for the Lord.
Do something 2DAY for Him and share your story at 124GO.
- Jeff Randleman published the blogpost Book Review – How High Will You Climb? By John C. Maxwell.
- Donald Williams just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- solomon david published the blogpost Product Video – A Highly Advanced & Elegant X-Cart Module by Perception System.