What’s Your Story – Faith
[Guest Post by Anonymous] – I’m going to call her Faith, to protect her identity and country.
She found a Christian program on her satellite receiver, watched, and called the telephone number on the screen, leaving a phone message in her language. For seven long minutes she poured out an absolute tirade. Faith used every filthy curse word imaginable:
“What are you people doing?! Why are you saying there are two gods, when there is only one God? You are all going to Hell! You are all evil!”
She slammed the phone down. A telephone counselor (whom I’ll call Niki) endured the entire message:
“It was so painful for me to listen. There was much anger and horrible language. But the Lord gave me a burden for her. I didn’t want to, but somehow I knew I needed to call her back.”
Although fearful, she dialed her number. The woman answered. Faith exploded:
“Who gave you the right to call me? I don’t want to talk to you.”
Although it was very difficult, the Lord gave Niki grace to listen and then to do something that she knows was of the Lord. Gently and lovingly, Niki said,
“I could tell by your message that you have been deeply hurt, that you needed to talk to someone.”
Niki spoke to her of the love of God. Again, Faith let her have it:
“What are you talking about? You don’t know love! Life is very hard for me. You haven’t any idea what I’m dealing with. Tell me, have you ever been raped by your own father at the age of five? Has your brother raped you? Has your husband slept with your best friend? Have you had a court take away your children from you? All this has happened to me.”
Then, under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, Niki said,
“God has put it in my heart to call you and tell you that He truly loves you and is there for you. He wants you to know that He won’t leave you. He won’t take your children away. He’s not going to hurt your body.”
At this, Faith broke down, and began to weep:
“I’m 28 years old. This is the first time I have been swearing at a person and they responded to me like you have. Why are you doing this? Why are you so kind to me?”
“This love is not from me. It’s from God. Please, may I help you to know the God who loves you so, the one that Pastor on the Christian station was telling you about on the program?”
Niki said that verses of Scripture began to flow from her lips. She knew that the Holy Spirit was speaking to Faith thousands of miles away, but through Niki. The once-angry woman took in every word…crying the entire time. Then she asked Niki for a Bible, which Niki arranged. Five days later Faith called back. She had been reading the Bible and was so peaceful. Again, they talked. After some minutes, Niki asked Faith if she would like to invite Jesus into her heart. She said yes and prayed with Niki. Immediately, Faith began declaring with joy,
“I’m free…I’m free…I’m free!”
She apologized for her language and anger, and could not stop talking about the joy, peace, and love she now felt. Faith has since called this Christian program several times. The last time saying:
“I’ve lost 28 years of my life, but now I’ve begun to live. I’m so happy…so happy that I found you, that I’ve come to know you. Thank you for giving me life, for introducing me to Jesus.”
Faith is but one of thousands who fear detection by the authorities, reprisals, and even jail time for sharing their story.
Instead, they view the programs with their doors closed, in the safety of their homes, taking it all in. Now is the time to P-R-A-Y for the Persecuted church for Christ! For those who are disillusioned, discouraged and depressed. Many stay home, not wanting to go out on the streets. Most turn to their televisions for news and hope, and particularly, satellite television from the outside.
What a wonderful door of opportunity to walk through, to give them hope, love and Christ…all to His glory.
[Photo courtesy of The Split Stitch]
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost AP Smears Trail Life Boys With Misleading ‘Nazi’ Photo.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Monetize on Your Blog With Affiliate Marketing – Courtney Gordner.
- George BullardMarch 7th: Transform Congregations By Discovering the Invisible Signs #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/03/march-7th-transform-congregations-by-discovering-the-invisible-signs-365ssiftc.html
- Diane Paddison published the blogpost Mentor Program Deadline, Mentors are Vital for Success, Restoring the Dignity of Work.
- Lindsey Bell published the blogpost Miscarriages, Parenting, and How to Find Hope Through It All.
- Barry Sudduth just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Caitlin Wilson published the blogpost Winners Announced from Rachel Hauck’s ‘Princess Ever After’ Author Chat Party.
- Amy Lathrop published the blogpost Winners Announced from Rachel Hauck’s ‘Princess Ever After’ Author Chat Party.
- Juli Fischer just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost Barbara Cameron talks about her latest release, A Road Unknown.
- Aaron Smith published the blogpost Your Love Never Fails (Anthony Skinner and Chris McClarney).
- Megan Westra published the blogpost Fluffy, Delicious, Protein Pancakes (gluten, dairy and refined sugar free).
- Blake AtwoodTalking to IBC!
- Kelley Mathews published the article Adoption: Giving A Family, Not Just Getting A Child.
- Blake Atwood published the video Keeping Your Identity and Faith in Christ | Barry Corey.
- Blake Atwood published the video Transformed: Transforming How I See & Use Money | Rick Warren.
- Jewish Voice published the blogpost Woliso Medical Mission: Serving Up Healing and Hope.
- Ryan Gregg published the video 'It's Your Life (Acoustic)' | Francesca Battistelli.
- Liz Edwards just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Blake Atwood uploaded a photo
- Kari Baumann published the blogpost what I have been reading (spring please come soon edition)..
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Get 5 or More Copies of What’s Best Next for 50% Off at WTS Books.
- Christine O'Shields created a new gallery
- chris FabrinHope Everyone Had A Great Ash Wednesday Have A Blessed Day..
- Christine O'Shields just moved in. Take time to say hey.