Praying for My Partner
That's the question I get asked once every two days, and I'll probably keep getting asked that until someone else in our family gets hitched. When I ask myself that, I can honestly answer that it's great - amazing - fun - and exciting.
But I'm not naive. Bumps and bruises are bound to come, and I have to prepare myself as a wife, a woman and a Child of God. Growthtrac.com delights my day with a short and simple list of bulleted notes about marriage. They call them "Marriage Minutes," and every day, they inspire me.
So, I thought I'd share today's:
Praying For Your Husband
• Pray for him to hear the applause from heaven
• Pray for his prayer life and for his faithfulness to study the Word of God
• Pray about ways that you might stimulate him to talk about his faith
• Pray that he will establish a few close relationships with godly men who will encourage him and hold him accountable, men with whom he can be honest about his heart and his needs, men who will stand with him during good times and bad
• Pray that God will continue to keep the communication open between your husband and your children, if you have them. Pray that he will be a loving and gentle father. Pray for your own sensitivity in seeing ways that you can encourage…
- Clarence FellThe cross was not about improving your earthly life. Jesus was not trying to save you from earthly discomforts. In fact, He warned that following Him could make your earthly life worse, (Matt. 10:35-36). Jesus had something far greater than earthly life in view in His ministry. What do you think He was looking to?
- Darlene Cook uploaded a photo
- Reinaldo de Sousa just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Darlene Cook created a new gallery
- Darlene Cook just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Ellis just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jon StallingsMy sermon from Sunday Leaving Egypt | @ Life Church
When the Israelites left Egypt to head to the Promise Land they left their thoughts and hearts back in Egypt as slaves. No matter how much God blessed them they still longed to go back.
It would take Jesus Christ to be our Redeemer who would finally lead us out of the bondage to sin, our personal Egypt. The question is, do we really want to leave? http://buff.ly/1g2GaZe
- chamaigne lyons just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Allen Mendez just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jon StallingsReligion can be bad, & a lot of people hate it. But stop complaining and tell me the positive side of how you follow Jesus.
- Brian Jones published the blogpost What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami.
- Roxanne Alexandra Morgan created a new gallery
- Roxanne Alexandra Morgan just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Parents Are Warned Phone Addiction Could Damage Bond With Their Child.
- Elise Hilton published the blogpost The cool kids are all wearing these Franciscan T-shirts.
- Mike Mack shared Why Many American Small Groups (and Churches) Fail to Reproduce: What do you think of the three reasons I discussed here? Agree? Disagree?
- Dave Dunham published the blogpost The “Heart” of the Atonement (Part 7): The PSA Model.
- Cathy Bryant published the blogpost Pilgrimage of Promise Nominated for the Grace Award.
- Tom Jones just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Blake Atwood published the blogpost Breaking Bad News: Will the Real Saul Goodman Please Stand Up?.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost How to Know if Your Child is Abusing Prescription Drugs.
- George Bullard published the blogpost Get Off My Back, Leonard Sweet, I Am Trying to Get Some Work Done Here!.
- Chicks with Choices published the blogpost What is “The One Thing”? Finding It Will Change Your Decisions.
- George BullardMarch 11th: Transform Congregations By Discontinuous Action Following a Long Plateau #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/03/march-11th-transform-congregations-by-discontinuous-action-following-a-long-plateau-365ssiftc.html
- Wayne Stiles published the blogpost Wandering in the Wilderness and Entering the Promised Land.
- Greg Simas published the blogpost [Part Two] Defining The Main Difference Between a House of Prayer and a Traditional Church.
- Greg Winfield published the blogpost Playing the Game of Life with the Assistance of the 4th Man.
- Stephen Blandino published the blogpost How to Improve the Direction and Speed of Your Life.