The Power of Community…
I have been thinking lately about the importance of community. Having solid relationships is so vital to our success in achieving our goals in life. Plain and simple, we need people and people need us. Erwin McManus says, “If you don’t invest in people, they’re not going to invest in you…In the end people will invest in people who invest in others.” This is a key concept to apply to our lives.
There is a story in the second chapter of Mark where Jesus heals a paralyzed man. I’m sure many of you knows how the story goes. Jesus was teaching in a house that eventually became filled with people. This paralyzed man had four incredible friends who picked him up and brought him to see Jesus. Since the crowd was so large, they got creative and lifted him up on the roof, cut a hole in it, then lowered him down in front of Jesus. Then the story goes: “Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralyzed man, ‘My child, your sins are forgiven.’” and then Jesus healed the man.
What I find so interesting in this verse is the word usage. It says, “Seeing their faith…” not “Seeing his (the paralyzed man’s) faith…” Jesus noticed the faith of the mans friends and it was their faith that allowed the man to be forgiven and healed; allowed him to accomplish his goal and achieve success.
This man had people so invested in his life that they were willing to do whatever it took to help him accomplish what he needed to have done. They were willing to believe for him.
My question for you is, have you invested yourself in people’s lives in such a way that they are willing to pick you up and carry you through whatever life throws at you? Have you invested enough into other people that they would be willing to sacrifice whatever is necessary to help you succeed? Those are the types of people we need in our lives and those are the types of people we need to be to others.
“…I want to assure you of one thing: you can achieve success and be alone, but you cannot achieve success alone. It’s impossible to experience sustainable, enjoyable success alone.” ~Erwin McManus
“So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.” John 13:34-35
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost “Real Women Leading” iPad Mini Giveaway and “Leading with Values” Facebook Party 3/20!.
- Kelly Pigott published the blogpost Ashes, Tattoos, the Sign of the Cross, and my Friend Connie.
- Walter Bright published the blogpost Be thou removed: Prayer of a man they called “Consecrated Cobbler.
- George Krickl published the blogpost Poor in Spirit: Paul and Barnabas Discipleship Continued.
- Jennifer Collins just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Doris SwiftOur greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at something that doesn't really matter.” ― D.L. Moody
- Doris SwiftEmerge from ordinary into extraordinary; rise above, set apart, walking in the plan as He directs the steps...
- Doris SwiftIf you're feeling stuck in your writing journey~remember, every new idea-every word written propels you forward
- Jon StallingsIf we focus our prayers just on Jesus delivering us from the trials of life, we have set up our own life as an idol
- Melcome Feldspar just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Leon Bloder published the blogpost Shouldn't All Christians Be Universalists At Heart?.
- Jennifer Alayo-AguilarI am so excited to be here. This is something new that I have never tried before. I am glad to be alive to witness this, a blog post check-out site for Christians around the country, the world to connect with one another. The mini-neighborhood is pretty good. Say prayers for me, my husband, and the rest of our family as we get our lives back together and get on the right track with Jesus Christ. Amen.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Livestream Simply Youth Ministry Conference be a part of it!.
- George BullardMarch 8th: Transform Congregations By Radical Missional Engagement #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/03/march-8th-transform-congregations-by-radical-missional-engagement-365ssiftc.html
- Jennifer Alayo-Aguilar just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Greg Winfield published the blogpost The Blessing of Struggle – Do You Know What You’re Made of?.
- Stephanie L Burr just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 10 Reasons Why Youth Ministry Is A Strategic Career Choice.
- Evan Nehring published the blogpost Announcement: Life Sentence Publishing Partnership.
- Matthew Tan published the blogpost "Justice, Unity & the Hidden Christ": Review in Ethika Politika.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of March 3rd.
- Nathan Wheeler published the blogpost Prayer, a beautiful mistake: Atheism For Lent Part 1.
- Allen O'Brien published the blogpost Mark Driscoll’s Publishing Tactics Trigger A Golden Age For Christian Publishing.
- Brad Russell published the article FaithVillage Expands Church Partnerships with 10 New Features.
- GREG WHITAKER just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost How To Supercharge Your Productivity With Evernote.
- Jotham David Parker published the video Truth (Christian Dance Hymn. Full Song with Lyrics).
- Myra Lee just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- FRANK NADJOMBE created a new gallery
- FRANK NADJOMBE just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jewish Voice published the blogpost Woliso Population Plus One – Medical Missions in Ethiopia.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Although Amazon is Sold Out, Barnes and Noble and Westminster Bookstore Still Have Copies.