God's Endgame • Acts 2:22-24
As Peter goes on to say in his Pentecost Day sermon, the agony and humiliation of the cross was not the end. God’s plan went beyond death to resurrection. Death wanted to sink its claws into Jesus, to hold him tight, as it holds tight every human being who dies. But God broke Jesus free from the agony of Death. You see, Death could not hold him. Jesus, being God, is beyond the jurisdiction of Death. Remember this, you hopeless determinists: entropy will not have the final word. It may seem to us, as we observe our world, that the process of decomposition and decay, the cooling of the stars, the burning out of everything is inevitable. Why any would choose to embrace such a black outlook is beyond me. Jesus is good news because in him God shows us what he has planned. God took on flesh and in the flesh took on all the power of Sin and Death. He dragged them with him to the grave, and he rose victorious over all. Because of the resurrection of Jesus to immortality, we can now see what it is that God plans to do with those who place their faith in him, with those who enter into the Kingdom of God. And Death’s days are numbered. His role to play in God’s grand scheme of things is coming to a close. And Entropy will not be the last left standing, the final actor to turn out the lights after all else have gone. The Risen Lord of Glory, Jesus Christ, the Messiah of God, will have the final word. And the day is soon coming in which Death, the final enemy, will be defeated. And life and light and truth and grace will have the final word.
This Sunday, April 15, 2012, we will return to our ongoing worship series, Acts: First Church. I will be preaching from Acts 2:22-24 . Worship begins at 10:45 am and we will be celebrating communion together. Come and join us, 3201 W 15th St. Plano, TX 75075. Video and audio of the sermon is posted during the week at our website: www.pcbcplano.org. To access the messages directly, click here.
- Jon StallingsIf we focus our prayers just on Jesus delivering us from the trials of life, we have set up our own life as an idol
- Melcome Feldspar just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Leon Bloder published the blogpost Shouldn't All Christians Be Universalists At Heart?.
- Jennifer Alayo-AguilarI am so excited to be here. This is something new that I have never tried before. I am glad to be alive to witness this, a blog post check-out site for Christians around the country, the world to connect with one another. The mini-neighborhood is pretty good. Say prayers for me, my husband, and the rest of our family as we get our lives back together and get on the right track with Jesus Christ. Amen.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Livestream Simply Youth Ministry Conference be a part of it!.
- George BullardMarch 8th: Transform Congregations By Radical Missional Engagement #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/03/march-8th-transform-congregations-by-radical-missional-engagement-365ssiftc.html
- Jennifer Alayo-Aguilar just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Greg Winfield published the blogpost The Blessing of Struggle – Do You Know What You’re Made of?.
- Stephanie L Burr just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost 10 Reasons Why Youth Ministry Is A Strategic Career Choice.
- Evan Nehring published the blogpost Announcement: Life Sentence Publishing Partnership.
- Matthew Tan published the blogpost "Justice, Unity & the Hidden Christ": Review in Ethika Politika.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of March 3rd.
- Nathan Wheeler published the blogpost Prayer, a beautiful mistake: Atheism For Lent Part 1.
- Allen O'Brien published the blogpost Mark Driscoll’s Publishing Tactics Trigger A Golden Age For Christian Publishing.
- Brad Russell published the article FaithVillage Expands Church Partnerships with 10 New Features.
- GREG WHITAKER just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost How To Supercharge Your Productivity With Evernote.
- Jotham David Parker published the video Truth (Christian Dance Hymn. Full Song with Lyrics).
- Myra Lee just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- FRANK NADJOMBE created a new gallery
- FRANK NADJOMBE just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jewish Voice published the blogpost Woliso Population Plus One – Medical Missions in Ethiopia.
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Although Amazon is Sold Out, Barnes and Noble and Westminster Bookstore Still Have Copies.
- Brad RussellLots of Lenten posts from our blog community, make sure you check some of them out.
- Blake Atwood published the article 'Warfare in the Old Testament' | Boyd Seevers [Book Review].
- Jim McNeely published the blogpost The Cross of Christ Declares that God Understands my Suffering.
- Blake Atwood shared 7 Mobile Apps for Church Social Media Directors: Check out Darrel Girardier's favorite mobile apps for social media: "If you're like me, you can't be confined to your desk and run social media for your church. You need mobile tools that allow you to quickly capture what's happening and feed it to your social media channels. Here's a quick list of tools that I use to get the job done."