God's Endgame • Acts 2:22-24
As Peter goes on to say in his Pentecost Day sermon, the agony and humiliation of the cross was not the end. God’s plan went beyond death to resurrection. Death wanted to sink its claws into Jesus, to hold him tight, as it holds tight every human being who dies. But God broke Jesus free from the agony of Death. You see, Death could not hold him. Jesus, being God, is beyond the jurisdiction of Death. Remember this, you hopeless determinists: entropy will not have the final word. It may seem to us, as we observe our world, that the process of decomposition and decay, the cooling of the stars, the burning out of everything is inevitable. Why any would choose to embrace such a black outlook is beyond me. Jesus is good news because in him God shows us what he has planned. God took on flesh and in the flesh took on all the power of Sin and Death. He dragged them with him to the grave, and he rose victorious over all. Because of the resurrection of Jesus to immortality, we can now see what it is that God plans to do with those who place their faith in him, with those who enter into the Kingdom of God. And Death’s days are numbered. His role to play in God’s grand scheme of things is coming to a close. And Entropy will not be the last left standing, the final actor to turn out the lights after all else have gone. The Risen Lord of Glory, Jesus Christ, the Messiah of God, will have the final word. And the day is soon coming in which Death, the final enemy, will be defeated. And life and light and truth and grace will have the final word.
This Sunday, April 15, 2012, we will return to our ongoing worship series, Acts: First Church. I will be preaching from Acts 2:22-24 . Worship begins at 10:45 am and we will be celebrating communion together. Come and join us, 3201 W 15th St. Plano, TX 75075. Video and audio of the sermon is posted during the week at our website: www.pcbcplano.org. To access the messages directly, click here.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of April 14th.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost When Parents Are The Ones Too Distracted By Devices.
- Claudia Kirkpatrick just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Brian Jones published the blogpost Best of the Blogosphere for the Week of April 14th.
- Serena Rice published the blogpost Broken Body, Resurrection Hope: Day 18 of the April Poetry Challenge.
- Greg Atkinson published the blogpost DJ Chuang Discusses Social Media and the Church with Greg Atkinson.
- George BullardApril 18th Transform Congregations By Having Buildings for the Community More Than the Church #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-18th-transform-congregations-by-having-buildings-for-the-community-more-than-the-church-365ssiftc.html
- George BullardApril 17th Transform Congregations By Connecting Missional, Disciplemaking, and Attracting #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-17th-transform-congregations-by-connecting-missional-disciplemaking-and-attracting-365ssiftc.html
- George BullardApril 16th Transform Congregations By Making a Pathway New People to Come #365SSIFTC http://bullardjournal.blogs.com/bullardjournal_microblog/2014/04/april-16th-transform-congregations-by-making-a-pathway-new-people-to-come-365ssiftc.html
- Haileigh Pittsley just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- monsy Varghese just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Katty Williams
am Mrs Katty Williams,am 57yrs old and am
missionary mother,i came into missionary work
through my late husband,we go around to visit the
less privileges one and preach the word of God,and
help the homeless ones too and feed them.i like
meet people around to share the word of God And
share these missionary works with them.my hobbies
are swimming,going for camping,visit the homeless
one ans build a place for them to lay there head
and provide for them...
- solomon david published the blogpost Windows Phone 8.1 Now Supports with Apple’s Passbook Passes.
- Adam Smith published the blogpost Tips for Creating an Awesome E-Newsletter – Courtney Gordner.
- Mary DeMuth published the blogpost 13 Quotes that Changed the Way I View my Writing Career.
- Chuck Helmer just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jed Davis published the blogpost How To Overcome The Resistance & Become The Professional Of Your Dreams.
- Erik Hand just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Audra Jennings published the blogpost MOM SEEKS GOD Kindle HDX Giveaway & “Moms’ May Day” Facebook Party with @JuliaLRoller.
- Matt Russell just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jesse Butterworth just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Robert DeMuth just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Carmen Mendez just moved in. Take time to say hey.
- Jon StallingsWashing of feet a duty of a lowly slave, a final meal, tearful prayer in a garden, betrayal, forsaken by friends – Maundy Thursday