God's Endgame • Acts 2:22-24
As Peter goes on to say in his Pentecost Day sermon, the agony and humiliation of the cross was not the end. God’s plan went beyond death to resurrection. Death wanted to sink its claws into Jesus, to hold him tight, as it holds tight every human being who dies. But God broke Jesus free from the agony of Death. You see, Death could not hold him. Jesus, being God, is beyond the jurisdiction of Death. Remember this, you hopeless determinists: entropy will not have the final word. It may seem to us, as we observe our world, that the process of decomposition and decay, the cooling of the stars, the burning out of everything is inevitable. Why any would choose to embrace such a black outlook is beyond me. Jesus is good news because in him God shows us what he has planned. God took on flesh and in the flesh took on all the power of Sin and Death. He dragged them with him to the grave, and he rose victorious over all. Because of the resurrection of Jesus to immortality, we can now see what it is that God plans to do with those who place their faith in him, with those who enter into the Kingdom of God. And Death’s days are numbered. His role to play in God’s grand scheme of things is coming to a close. And Entropy will not be the last left standing, the final actor to turn out the lights after all else have gone. The Risen Lord of Glory, Jesus Christ, the Messiah of God, will have the final word. And the day is soon coming in which Death, the final enemy, will be defeated. And life and light and truth and grace will have the final word.
This Sunday, April 15, 2012, we will return to our ongoing worship series, Acts: First Church. I will be preaching from Acts 2:22-24 . Worship begins at 10:45 am and we will be celebrating communion together. Come and join us, 3201 W 15th St. Plano, TX 75075. Video and audio of the sermon is posted during the week at our website: www.pcbcplano.org. To access the messages directly, click here.
- Bill Reichart published the blogpost 5 Ways Guaranteed To Become More Productive Every Day.
- Brian Dodd published the blogpost The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of August 18th.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Physically Neglected Boys Are More Likely To Become Violent Adolescents.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost Brain Imaging Shows Differences in Risk Taking Teens.
- Felicia Crawford(We apologize for the delay due to technical issues).
In this video, Felicia Crawford Ministry (FCM) discusses the sensitive topic concerning homosexuality. This Life Lesson is based on Romans 1:16 - 2:4. In Part 1, FCM addresses man's sexual sin nature; how God's love draws one through tolerance, patience and kindness, not forceful or unkind; the LGBT community's ideology of "I was born this way"; man's tendency to serve creative things instead of the creator; how the world caters to man's sin nature and man's sin nature caters to the world; and much more.
Part 2 will cover the judgmental views of the church.
- Scarlet Bluefield published the blogpost Ancho Chicken and Black Bean Salad with Cliantro-Lime Dressing.
- John Rutledge published the article How Kent Brantly Survived Ebola: Intense Medical Care — and Prayer.
- Brad Russell published the article What Atticus Finch Taught Me About Watching the News.
- Brad Russell published the article My Whitebread, Middle-Class Opinions About Ferguson Just Matter.
- Brad Russell published the article 'A Christian Survivor Guide' | Ed Cyzewski [Book Review].
- Brad Russell published the article 8 Reasons Young Leadership Is Essential to Your Organization Now.
- Lori Fogleman published the blogpost Know where you’ll park before heading to McLane Stadium.
- Brad Russell published the article What I Learned from Creating 100 Sermon Bumpers in One Year.
- Ashley Howland published the blogpost Headlines: Breakfast debate, instant noodles, Ebola recovery.
- Jim McNeely published the blogpost The Logos Made Flesh, Full of Grace and Truth — John 1:14.
- Jennifer Cote published the blogpost Vegetarian Black Bean Enchiladas w/Mexican-style Red Sauce.
- John Peterson published the blogpost Are You Feeling Trapped? Learn This One Secret to Finding Freedom.
- Brad Russell published the article 'Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus' | Nabeel Qureshi [Book Review].
- Matt Perman published the blogpost Workplace Christians: The Engine for How the Gospel Spreads.
- Deb Wolf published the blogpost Blessings, Moments, and Love Around the Blogosphere.
- Brad Russell published the article 'New Monasticism' | Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove [Book Review].
- Bo Bartlett uploaded a photo
- Bo Bartlett uploaded a photo
- Nils Smith published the blogpost My Interview with William Vanderbloemen discussing NEXT.
- Brad Hambrick published the blogpost My Reflections on the Events in Ferguson in Light of Miroslav Volf.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost The App That Will Change How You Do Youth Ministry.
- Mike Liebler published the blogpost One Vital Question that will Transform Your Teaching.